VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 3, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #272 of 3,324
I remember when I bought Blox BE3mk1, BE5 and BE7mk1. I immediately fell in love with BE5 and BE3 and failed to assess the BE7. So I took them away in the closet and did not take them to his work somewhere half a year or more .. Since the conditions for listening to me more convenient for my work. One day, I took BE7 and began to use them with my smartphone Meizu, and wow, I still do not understand why I did not immediately distinguish them from all my Blox earbuds. Now I can clearly hear the benefits BE7 resolve, clarity and speed of sound over the BE 3,5. So, everything flows, everything changes, IMHO. Do not jump to conclusions about the VE. It is remarkable among the best earbuds.

May 3, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #273 of 3,324
I remember when I bought Blox BE3mk1, BE5 and BE7mk1. I immediately fell in love with BE5 and BE3 and failed to assess the BE7. So I took them away in the closet and did not take them to his work somewhere half a year or more .. Since the conditions for listening to me more convenient for my work. One day, I took BE7 and began to use them with my smartphone Meizu, and wow, I still do not understand why I did not immediately distinguish them from all my Blox earbuds. Now I can clearly hear the benefits BE7 resolve, clarity and speed of sound over the BE 3,5. So, everything flows, everything changes, IMHO. Do not jump to conclusions about the VE. It is remarkable among the best earbuds.

Oh no, no conclusions have been jumped to. I assure you of this. I was ecstatic to receive these. I was pretty much met with immediate disappointment right off the bat. Figured I'd give them a chance and, because of needed to get used to new sound, spent a good time with both over the past couple days. What I hear and how I describe them is correct. 

But again, this is basing them off what I have to compare them too. If you haven't heard the E100 you need to. 

If I were to compare them based on their own merits without comparing them I'd still say the Asura is over all recessed with a more forward bass and mid than the Zen. The Zen lacks bass and mids in comparison but is more bright and lively. Either one isn't a bad earbud...just not as good as what I currently own. To my ears of course though. I have no way of knowing how your hardware changes their sound or how your ears work so it's possible you are hearing them better than I am. 

I can only judge based on what I have and hear though and feel that I'm pretty accurate in my descriptions. What part do you disagree with in my impressions?

May 3, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #274 of 3,324
E100 I have a long time, they are very uncomfortable for my ears but with an interesting sound. And they justify their price. And I will not recommend them to all, as they are not for all ears will be placed correctly so that people can assess their signature sound for little money. http://www.head-fi.org/t/727309/high-end-earbuds-dasetn-tingo-blox-yuin-etc-and-earbud-gear-discussion-impressions-thread/690#post_11507376

May 3, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #275 of 3,324
Yeah, fit is a big problem. I'm just lucky enough to have a good one I suppose because I love the E100. Have two other pair just in case! I can't believe it really. Went from $1,200 CIEM's to $12 buds and found my end game. Well, for the time being that is. These have certainly made me give up the hunt. 

May 4, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #276 of 3,324

Oh no, no conclusions have been jumped to. I assure you of this. I was ecstatic to receive these. I was pretty much met with immediate disappointment right off the bat. Figured I'd give them a chance and, because of needed to get used to new sound, spent a good time with both over the past couple days. What I hear and how I describe them is correct. 

But again, this is basing them off what I have to compare them too. If you haven't heard the E100 you need to. 

If I were to compare them based on their own merits without comparing them I'd still say the Asura is over all recessed with a more forward bass and mid than the Zen. The Zen lacks bass and mids in comparison but is more bright and lively. Either one isn't a bad earbud...just not as good as what I currently own. To my ears of course though. I have no way of knowing how your hardware changes their sound or how your ears work so it's possible you are hearing them better than I am. 

I can only judge based on what I have and hear though and feel that I'm pretty accurate in my descriptions. What part do you disagree with in my impressions?

These are initial impressions right? I look forward to your detailed write up with comprehensive comparisons with other iems to get a better idea how they sound to you :) I am not discounting your impressions and its good to get a whole group of reviews so 

Yeah, fit is a big problem. I'm just lucky enough to have a good one I suppose because I love the E100. Have two other pair just in case! I can't believe it really. Went from $1,200 CIEM's to $12 buds and found my end game. Well, for the time being that is. These have certainly made me give up the hunt. 

Consider yourself lucky! Upgraditis is a bitch and I am glad that you found something that really vibes well with ur preferences :)

Anways since its a VE thread after all :wink: I was wondering something. Seeing as how I only have two other earbuds to compare the Zens against, would itl be fair to compare the zens against IEMS or its better to have ear bud against ear bud? 

Edit: original post was OT

May 4, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #277 of 3,324

I do have the baldoors and have been using them for the past 2 weeks. They are great sounding buds but so far they have had 2 major issues for me:
- treble is harsh and it makes my ears ring after using  
- some of the worst driver flex i have heard but for the price i paid i can't expect much more

This sounds like a fit issue. I get pretty harsh treble when I'm not wearing them "correctly", so to speak. Even wearing them as you normally would earbuds they sound, well, kind of crap. Hollow, tiny, lacking, shrill.

I have had the Ex1000 very recently, and I let them go as I couldn't justify owning them financially, but imo the e100 are not as good as the ex1000 (then again the price difference is a lot, but imo soundwise its not a fair comparison). The ex1000 soundstage is breathtaking and has really sweet vocals and was more comfortable for me but again ymmw

This is where that fit thing comes into play, unfortunately. EX1000 soundstage IS great. The E100 in my ears opinion are just as grand. But yeah, my EX1000 comparison is correct based on how I've heard the two.

I have yet to hear the Zens so I will reserve my judgement, but from what I have gathered reading peoples impressions and talking to mochill on and off everyday basically, they really are something unique and I plan to go in with an open mind and give them a fair shake as it were :) I will be getting a review unit soon enough and plan to really put it through its paces sonically speaking. If they really are all that they are cracked up to be, gonna do my part to spread the word! I actually have the baldoors in my ear as I speak and I am really starting to like the earbud form factor. I hated the ones that came with my phones over the ears but the baldoors convinced me to give ear buds a shot. There is a really strong possibility of me adding the Zens and maybe one of the amps mentioned  by lee earlier. 

See, I have no earbud knowledge to really compare the Zens to. Before the Baldoor I had a pair of those Zune buds. The Zune buds sucked but I decided not to quite give up yet. That's when someone recommended the E100. $11.99 shipped from within the US? SOLD! I got them in the mail, gave them a listen, and came to the conclusion that God really does exist! 
wink.gif

In all seriousness though that's why I wanted to be part of the VE tour. I thought to myself, "OK...wow...this E100 is AMAZING! So, these VE's that people are going on about HAVE to be even BETTER!"

Well, sadly I haven't found that to be the case. Believe me, I went into these with high hopes. And maybe, just maybe, the E100's are that good and have spoiled me prematurely...who knows? Guess it depends on the person doing the listening and what they get out of them.

Quote:
These are initial impressions right? I look forward to your detailed write up with comprehensive comparisons with other iems to get a better idea how they sound to you :) I am not discounting your impressions and its good to get a whole group of reviews so 

Oh yes, impressions purely...though I've probably written half the review in impressions alone haha! But yes, no bias here, no judgment before receiving them or anything like that. I actually didn't read jack squat about these prior to getting them. All I knew is that they were more expensive earbuds than the E100, that there was a tour starting, and that was enough for me to want to try them. But, again, the E100 to my ears are just that good. 

Have you tried them with the donut foam on with the driver facing forward in your ear (so that they're basically sideways?). Like this picture:

This is what did it for me. Any other way other than this specific way with the specific foam messes the sound up in some way.

Consider yourself lucky! Upgraditis is a bitch and I am glad that you found something that really vibes well with ur preferences :)

Oh, believe me, seriously, I am relieved. I've gone through I swear 20+ IEM's, headphones, CIEM's...you name it. And that was just in the past year alone. I'm glad that I finally have something I can put in my ears and just know...yep...I'm good to go!

Anways since its a VE thread after all :wink: I was wondering something. Seeing as how I only have two other earbuds to compare the Zens against, would itl be fair to compare the zens against IEMS or its better to have ear bud against ear bud? 

Interesting question. I'll be comparing them to the E100 which is a bud. However, sound is sound. I mean, comparing them to the E100 is quite the feat considering many people don't hear the E100 as I do. So who is to say that's a fair comparison? My only other experience with buds was the Zune bud and that was basically garbage...no matter how I wore them.

What are you currently using as your daily driver?

Also, if you ever decide to ditch the E100 let me know...I want them. Not just as a back up but to see if there is a possible driver change considering the over all differences in reviews and impressions.

WHEW...wall of text!
tongue.gif

May 4, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #278 of 3,324
E100 I have a long time, they are very uncomfortable for my ears but with an interesting sound. And they justify their price. And I will not recommend them to all, as they are not for all ears will be placed correctly so that people can assess their signature sound for little money. http://www.head-fi.org/t/727309/high-end-earbuds-dasetn-tingo-blox-yuin-etc-and-earbud-gear-discussion-impressions-thread/690#post_11507376

Thanks a lot for standing up for my gears, but It is really OK, people have their rights to like or dislike something, I haven not heard or heard of his gears( e100, imamp ).

But it is fair to say people will always prefer cheaper gear if they found them similar in sound, which I think is actually a blessing.

But for me, head-fi or Hi-Fi in general is about pushing it to the next limit,  it is definitely not for every one,
that's why I think our new monk will be more important to most head-fiers than Zen
beerchug.gif

@AndroidVageta  Thanks for joining our little tour and the honest feedback, I wish I had included some kind of amp that I know will sound right in this tour, but I didn't think that far ahead, though we are  totally working on them now, lol

May 4, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #279 of 3,324
  Thanks a lot for standing up for my gears, but It is really OK, people have their rights to like or dislike something, I haven not heard or heard of his gears( e100, imamp ).

But it is fair to say people will always prefer cheaper gear if they found them similar in sound, which I think is actually a blessing.

But for me, head-fi or Hi-Fi in general is about pushing it to the next limit,  it is definitely not for every one,
that's why I think our new monk will be more important to most head-fiers than Zen
beerchug.gif

@AndroidVageta  Thanks for joining our little tour and the honest feedback, I wish I had included some kind of amp that I know will sound right in this tour, but I didn't think that far ahead, though we are  totally working on them now, lol

Hey, my pleasure! It's really been an eye opener for me in confirming that my $12 E100 really IS that good! Thought I was possibly losing my mind haha!

Real talk though, I love the cable on the Zen. Yes, the Asura cable is braided and all that but something about the Zen's cable screams "quality" to me. 

Is there ANY WAY I could convince you to send me a bare Zen cable minus the buds?

May 4, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #280 of 3,324

This sounds like a fit issue. I get pretty harsh treble when I'm not wearing them "correctly", so to speak. Even wearing them as you normally would earbuds they sound, well, kind of crap. Hollow, tiny, lacking, shrill.

Oh yes, impressions purely...though I've probably written half the review in impressions alone haha! But yes, no bias here, no judgment before receiving them or anything like that. I actually didn't read jack squat about these prior to getting them. All I knew is that they were more expensive earbuds than the E100, that there was a tour starting, and that was enough for me to want to try them. But, again, the E100 to my ears are just that good. 

Have you tried them with the donut foam on with the driver facing forward in your ear (so that they're basically sideways?). Like this picture:

This is what did it for me. Any other way other than this specific way with the specific foam messes the sound up in some way.

Oh, believe me, seriously, I am relieved. I've gone through I swear 20+ IEM's, headphones, CIEM's...you name it. And that was just in the past year alone. I'm glad that I finally have something I can put in my ears and just know...yep...I'm good to go!

Interesting question. I'll be comparing them to the E100 which is a bud. However, sound is sound. I mean, comparing them to the E100 is quite the feat considering many people don't hear the E100 as I do. So who is to say that's a fair comparison? My only other experience with buds was the Zune bud and that was basically garbage...no matter how I wore them.

What are you currently using as your daily driver?

Also, if you ever decide to ditch the E100 let me know...I want them. Not just as a back up but to see if there is a possible driver change considering the over all differences in reviews and impressions.

WHEW...wall of text!
tongue.gif

That pic is exactly what I meant by wearing it reversed. I thought I was the only one who wore it like that :p Thats the only way I get a good seal and I get a lot of driver flex. If you see my edit, i indicated that I only get the driver flex when wearing it this way.

Also didn't mean to imply that you were biased at all, I meant that since it is your early impressions, I will take them as such :) 

Not gonna ditch the e100 as they are still good, gonna keep them around for awhile! Not trashing on them, don't get me wrong they are good. But I have no daily driver per say, I switch it around, HM5 last couple of days, the hp150 before that then the Havi with custom tips and the z5 with custom tips as well.

E100 is cheap enough that I take them in my pocket without worrying too much. Cant do that with the zens haha, gotta have to use a good case for them :p Also, will try to wear the zens sideways to see if they give a good seal that way as well. 

May 4, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #281 of 3,324
Hmm...and you are using the foams? I have to or else the bass sounds a little metallic and the highs tame a little more. How do they sound if you press on them and create more of a seal? Just more curious in general to see if you can get what I'm hearing. I'm really suspecting driver differences here with all the reviews I've read...

And I didn't mean to imply that you were implying I was being bias haha! I was just saying that more as a "just sayin" type thing. In other words, I had no preconceived notions. 

I'd love the hear the Z5's too. Had the H3's a couple months back and while I enjoyed the bass the mids and highs were much too recessed for my liking...something I hear the Z5's greatly improve on!

Zen sideways doesn't help in my listenings. Seals off the ports. I do find it odd though that I have to wear the E100's sideways but with the VE's I don't. Hmm...

May 4, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #282 of 3,324
  Hmm...and you are using the foams? I have to or else the bass sounds a little metallic and the highs tame a little more. How do they sound if you press on them and create more of a seal? Just more curious in general to see if you can get what I'm hearing. I'm really suspecting driver differences here with all the reviews I've read...

And I didn't mean to imply that you were implying I was being bias haha! I was just saying that more as a "just sayin" type thing. In other words, I had no preconceived notions. 

I'd love the hear the Z5's too. Had the H3's a couple months back and while I enjoyed the bass the mids and highs were much too recessed for my liking...something I hear the Z5's greatly improve on!

Zen sideways doesn't help in my listenings. Seals off the ports. I do find it odd though that I have to wear the E100's sideways but with the VE's I don't. Hmm...

Edit:  Anyway, I don't want to really take the thread anymore OT, I wouldn't mind taking this to PM if you want to discuss about the baldoors :) 

May 4, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #283 of 3,324
Guys, I'm happy for you, but this discussion thread VE. Be modest in their enthusiasm of Baldoor. There is a corresponding branch for you. With respect and no offense.
IMHO, all bought VE, know what they are buying from a presentation ClieOS, and accordingly reviews on Taobao. And all 5 stars rating on Aliexpress, confirms this. No one is disappointed purchase, so ... VE worth its price.

May 4, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #284 of 3,324
@AndroidVageta

Hey, the cable is just a simple & entry level one, but it is against the image that we are holding as a serious brand to sell any of the parts that we use.

So it is a big sorry, you can simply get some better on ebay or AE I think, and we will sell hand made upgrade version of Zen later ,

even balanced ones, you can purchase them if it can be sold separately.

As for the 12USD price tag, can't wait to see people make their comparison with our Monk(5 USD), as it should work with pretty much any portable device, even an android phone without any dedicated audio chip.

@golov17  this will be a long tour, I, for one, would love to see different feedbacks, and even you might found there is still room for improvement when paired with the right portable amp.
duggehsmile.png
 (which we are working on right now,) 

Cheers

Lee

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back