cheers 

Lee

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #244 of 3,324

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1413301

this is from a friend of mine, he mods x5 ck4 and etc as a hobby

cheers 

Lee

Hi Lee

How is your amp project coming along? Any updates? :)

which amp? you mean my tube amps ?

235359q9c7hh2v77iwg9hp.jpg

235400wpq6fpkoeici9i94.jpg

or

those from Weiliang's breeze audio (budget ones?)

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #246 of 3,324
Hey RJ

As a matter of fact, we are primary working on 4 amps right now. (and one dac)

A budget tube amp for high Z cans , which can give what Zen really deserves. (same one as in the picture above, but will come in a nicer looking casing.) 

A full balanced tube amp for high Z cans. 

A budget full balanced tube electrostatic / dynamic amp. that might just make stax 007 009 setup a bit more affordable.  (design-wise closer to t2 than to our modern stax amps,and can only driver high-z dynamic cans)

A portable amp and dac that can do really really nicely for Zen, not too bad for those big high z cans either.

but for the time being, I wanna focus on Zen and the coming Monk & Asura in head-fi, as It is easier for people to know us and to transport.

As for the budget combos , I will introduce them after a nice member of head-fi post his thoughts hopefully in a couple of days.

he is here teaching in China at the moment , I am sure he will post some words on this combo later when he is back in US.

Cheers

Lee

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #247 of 3,324

but for the time being, I wanna focus on Zen and the coming Monk & Asura in head-fi, as It is easier for people to know us and to transport.

Cheers

Lee

Monk Monk Monk!!!  I keep checking your Aliexpress Store each day, waiting for the Monk to come out so I can purchase!  
cool.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #248 of 3,324

Cheers

Lee

Monk Monk Monk!!!  I keep checking your Aliexpress Store each day, waiting for the Monk to come out so I can purchase!  
cool.gif

You and me both brother, we are really working on it, but I wanna it to be just perfect , so I might take a couple of more weeks.

Cheers 

Lee

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #249 of 3,324
Ck4+bh2+VE=
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey golov, are you liking the bh2 amp more now than before?

Btw, anything+cayinC5+VE=
ksc75smile.gif

A budget tube amp for high Z cans , which can give what Zen really deserves. (same one as in the picture above, but will come in a nicer looking casing.) 

Sign me up for that one Lee! I love how the Zens respond to amping, and I can imagine how good they probably will sound off of that tube amp.

I also am really enjoying the beta Asura. I almost feel that you should keep the beta version in your lineup (as well as the new version), because I'm sure that many people will really enjoy the beta's signature.

But yeah, bring on the Monk as well!

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #250 of 3,324

Ck4+bh2+VE=
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey golov, are you liking the bh2 amp more now than before?

Btw, anything+cayinC5+VE=
ksc75smile.gif

Sign me up for that one Lee! I love how the Zens respond to amping, and I can imagine how good they probably will sound off of that tube amp.

I also am really enjoying the beta Asura. I almost feel that you should keep the beta version in your lineup (as well as the new version), because I'm sure that many people will really enjoy the beta's signature.

But yeah, bring on the Monk as well!

well , I just have one prototype of retail version  Asura,  I gave them to one of our most loyal fans, and he can't shut up about how much nicer the new Asura is ,

However, I personally agree with you on the point of keeping them both, and I do enjoy both of them in different ways, it was hard for me as well.
I think the beta Asura might give people the wrong idea being high- Z and everything,
and some might just go ahead and break them with big amps, 
We did a test sale in China, and it was a easy fix for us here, but what if we send one to other continent?
I personally can live with the money loss if one breaks them,  but not the Rep for poor Quality, which I don't think we deserve.

But thanks for the idea, we will see if we can make it more stable.

Cheers

Lee

p.s the retail version Asura is more like Zen , that can take all the abuse from them big amps
deadhorse.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #251 of 3,324
  Hey RJ

As a matter of fact, we are primary working on 4 amps right now. (and one dac)

A full balanced tube amp for high Z cans. 

A budget full balanced tube electrostatic / dynamic amp. that might just make stax 007 009 setup a bit more affordable.  (design-wise closer to t2 than to our modern stax amps,and can only driver high-z dynamic cans)

A portable amp and dac that can do really really nicely for Zen, not too bad for those big high z cans either.

As for the budget combos , I will introduce them after a nice member of head-fi post his thoughts hopefully in a couple of days.

he is here teaching in China at the moment , I am sure he will post some words on this combo later when he is back in US.

Cheers

Lee

Wow that sounds amazing, and you definitely covering a lot of ground. Cant wait to hear them in the future! I hope everything is coming together well. I like the idea of the balanced and the electro stat portable amp. What kind of jack are you planning to use for the balanced input? Exciting stuff :)

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #252 of 3,324
For the balanced portable amp, I might just go with the hifimam hm901 's 3.5mm balanced ones。

As we also sell one of the hm901 balanced amp card from

http://www.elfidelity.com/products/  

(apexi like weiliang is another close business partner of mine)

I actually don't know if hifiman 901 has any other balanced amp card aside from the official ones and the one I mentioned above.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s. promise to work on my aliexpress store ASAP lol...

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #254 of 3,324
  I was looking for an earbud and them boom.
But aren't you going to sell the asura on aliexpress?
I don't have enough money for the zen... 
frown.gif

Hey I will when they are out, we are still working on the final details.

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back