VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Apr 15, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #211 of 3,324
I have a lot of good earbuds, Sennheiser mx880,980, Blox be5,7mk1, Yuin pk1,2, Sunrise, and many others. VE excellent earbuds and dignity stood in line with the best! They have to be any person who respects and loves hearing your music. And it's true! I recommend to all.

Hard to believe these VE earbuds are better than the sennheiser 980s or the Blox MC2s ...   Don't get me wrong i'm not saying I do not believe you or anything like that, but I do look forward in testing them out and if they are as good as they seem ordering a pair.

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #213 of 3,324
Anyone, please post the Alliexpress link for the Zens. Thanks!

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #215 of 3,324
golov, do you think the Zen is more enjoyable than the BE7mk1? I'm not sure I can spend $$$ right now but if the Zen is way better than the Blox, I rather buy it than wait for the next Blox flagship. Btw, anyone had driven the Zen with the Studio V3? That's the only DAP I have with me. Can it drive the Zen to the heavenly level?
L3000.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #216 of 3,324
VE Zen needs a good amp, up to $ 200, and it is not better Blox BE7mk1, it's different. The great advantage of Blox is that it does not need an amplifier. I love them all, but in my work with a smartphone without the amplifier, I prefer Blox. Everyone has their own advantages and disadvantages, IMHO.

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #217 of 3,324
VE Zen needs a good amp, up to $ 200, and it is not better Blox BE7mk1, it's different. The great advantage of Blox is that it does not need an amplifier. I love them all, but in my work with a smartphone without the amplifier, I prefer Blox. Everyone has their own advantages and disadvantages, IMHO.

I generally agree with you about the VE Zen needing a good amp. To me the Zen sounds great off of the Hifimediy U2 dac + C&C BH amp (approx $100), and really great off of the Hifimediy U2 dac + Cayin C5 amp (approx $160).

Where I get confused though is by how good the Zen sounds off of my iHifi 770 player (120mw+120mw/32ohm) without an additional amp. I don't understand why, but I'm not complaining :)

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #218 of 3,324

Inspired by @golov17, some listening I have been enjoying on the VE Zen via my X5 and E12 combo today:

Fat Freddy's Drop "Roady"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29MgzHUhHws

Fat Freddy's Drop "Wandering Eye"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCJg63SziL4

Flying Lotus "All In"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GyHVMkK-YU

Flying Lotus "Never Catch Me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXD0vv-ds8

Miles Davis "If I Were A Bell" (from Live in Tokyo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkiPPSVRvE

Great stuff! I am now following "Fat Freddy's Drop" on spotify and enjoying them quite a bit. Same thing with "Flying Lotus", although it's going to take me a while to fully understand what the heck I'm hearing lol! Some wild influences there...

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #219 of 3,324

I generally agree with you about the VE Zen needing a good amp. To me the Zen sounds great off of the Hifimediy U2 dac + C&C BH amp (approx $100), and really great off of the Hifimediy U2 dac + Cayin C5 amp (approx $160).

Where I get confused though is by how good the Zen sounds off of my iHifi 770 player (120mw+120mw/32ohm) without an additional amp. I don't understand why, but I'm not complaining :)

Not exactly a 5mw/per @ 16ohm Sony minidisc. Also had a 5mw/per  @ 32 ohm and that had a little more power. 120/per at 32ohm is actually a pretty good amount in general if a true measure. Could well be enough especially if the signatures synergize. Of course what is the Zen sens.? since that will be a factor.

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #220 of 3,324

Great stuff! I am now following "Fat Freddy's Drop" on spotify and enjoying them quite a bit. Same thing with "Flying Lotus", although it's going to take me a while to fully understand what the heck I'm hearing lol! Some wild influences there...

Glad you like them :)...look up Four Tet too...

Flying Lotus is actually Alice Coltrane's grand-nephew, and repeatedly pays homage to Jay-Dilla as well if that gives you some context.

I am unwillingly joining the hype-train here. I hate seeing too much over-exuberant love for a new product that's barely been tested...I spent some more time this afternoon with my X5/E12 combo and the Zens though, and I am still thoroughly enjoying these earbuds. Usually I am back on full-size cans rather quickly after trying a bud, and reserve them for mobile/light-listening use. These have stayed plugged since I got them, and my full-sze are gathering dust on my desk.

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #221 of 3,324

Glad you like them :)...look up Four Tet too...

Flying Lotus is actually Alice Coltrane's grand-nephew, and repeatedly pays homage to Jay-Dilla as well if that gives you some context.

I am unwillingly joining the hype-train here. I hate seeing too much over-exuberant love for a new product that's barely been tested...I spent some more time this afternoon with my X5/E12 combo and the Zens though, and I am still thoroughly enjoying these earbuds. Usually I am back on full-size cans rather quickly after trying a bud, and reserve them for mobile/light-listening use. These have stayed plugged since I got them, and my full-sze are gathering dust on my desk.

How do you get them to stay deep in your ears? I got a set of baldoor e100 to see if ear buds are for me and by god they sounds so damn good. Only thing is I have to press them in deep to get the full bass, just trying to see if I am putting them in wrong or something. Can the zens be used naked without foam covers?

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #223 of 3,324

How do you get them to stay deep in your ears? I got a set of baldoor e100 to see if ear buds are for me and by god they sounds so damn good. Only thing is I have to press them in deep to get the full bass, just trying to see if I am putting them in wrong or something. Can the zens be used naked without foam covers?

Funny, was thinking of using no foams today....didn't do it, but might tomorrow. With donut foams they they fit me great.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #224 of 3,324
VE Zen needs a good amp, up to $ 200, and it is not better Blox BE7mk1, it's different. The great advantage of Blox is that it does not need an amplifier. I love them all, but in my work with a smartphone without the amplifier, I prefer Blox. Everyone has their own advantages and disadvantages, IMHO

Thanks for the enlightenment, golov. That saves me money then (up to this point
biggrin.gif
). As I don't intend to use an amp while on the go, the Zen maybe is not for me. The same with the Yuin OK1 which I had before the BE7. I was just hoping that some Studio V3 users will pop up here and share their experience using the Zen ampless with the Studio. The DAP itself has a very good amp section which I would like to check if that is capable of squeezing the juice out of the Zen. I cannot afford to have another purchase if that would be deemed as a sidegrade rather than a worthy upgrade in terms of pure SQ. Will stay tune here for more info. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back