VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Apr 14, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #196 of 3,324
The Monks are great. I spent Sunday listening to them straight out of my iPhone 5 whilst watching my wife shop for clothes. Fun sound signature, great for out and about, cable is just the right weight (solid, but not cumbersome), and still able to hear enough to know when to say "...yes dear, looks fabulous on you...".

LOL - yes, that's important!

I don't doubt for a second that the Monks are stupid good (I'm not even gonna say "for the price"). The Zens are ridiculously stupid good. The Asura's are very stupid good. And there is no reason for the Monk's not to follow the "stupid good" tradition!

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #197 of 3,324

Well, maybe wait for more information about the Monks (which are going to be very inexpensive). Possibly they would hold you over for a few years at least! Btw, congrats!

The Monks are great. I spent Sunday listening to them straight out of my iPhone 5 whilst watching my wife shop for clothes. Fun sound signature, great for out and about, cable is just the right weight (solid, but not cumbersome), and still able to hear enough to know when to say "...yes dear, looks fabulous on you...".

"...yes dear, looks fabulous on you...". exactly what I would say to my wife.....
redface.gif

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #199 of 3,324
Well Toom there are many here ( including myself ) who will tell you what they are like to listen to without the fluff or hidden agenda.

Look forward to testing them and comparing the sound to Blox and other earbuds I have bought over the last few years.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #200 of 3,324
I hope you guys are more honest here, when giving your views to complete strangers rather than loved ones.

Well, I've been expressing my honest opinions. I have no reason not to do so. If I didn't like them, I would either say so or shut my mouth. But I honestly think that they are great, and have been listening to them practically non stop since getting them. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that you would like them. But I'm happy to be expressing my satisfaction with them.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #202 of 3,324
Apr 15, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #204 of 3,324
Anyone try the Zen or Asura with really portable dac/amps such as the Dragonfly, Dacport or Geek Out?

And better yet, any tried those against the E11 amp and E16 dac/amp? I doubt that we'll have quite that amazing a run of comparisons but figure it's worth an ask.

Looking for my firist high performance buds. Currently my sons and I listen to IEMs when needing to travel or have quiet but I really don't like the 'in head' and isolated sound and am told that buds will give a wider soundstage. True?

Thanks!
ULUL

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #205 of 3,324
I hope you guys are more honest here, when giving your views to complete strangers rather than loved ones.

LMAO...good question...hehehehe. If it matters much, clothes shopping destroys all honor and ethics in me. I'll say anything to shorten the excursion :)

Yes, I am being honest about the VE buds...I have been through the whole PK series, the Blox M2C twice, the TM7, some Dasetn stuff...the Zens are definitely worth the fuss they are generating, and the rest of the lineup I would also rank very highly.

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #206 of 3,324
I have a lot of good earbuds, Sennheiser mx880,980, Blox be5,7mk1, Yuin pk1,2, Sunrise, and many others. VE excellent earbuds and dignity stood in line with the best! They have to be any person who respects and loves hearing your music. And it's true! I recommend to all.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #208 of 3,324
Do you wink when you tell a joke?

Ha! I was being clueless and didn't realize that your joke was in direct reference to zhibili06's post directly above, and in that context, it was obviously a joke - and a good one at that! So my apologies.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #209 of 3,324

Do you wink when you tell a joke?

Ha! I was being clueless and didn't realize that your joke was in direct reference to zhibili06's post directly above, and in that context, it was obviously a joke - and a good one at that! So my apologies.

I Have no idea what happened
confused.gif
, but glad things worked out.
beerchug.gif

Cheers

Lee

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #210 of 3,324
Inspired by @golov17, some listening I have been enjoying on the VE Zen via my X5 and E12 combo today:

Fat Freddy's Drop "Roady"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29MgzHUhHws

Fat Freddy's Drop "Wandering Eye"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCJg63SziL4

Flying Lotus "All In"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GyHVMkK-YU

Flying Lotus "Never Catch Me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXD0vv-ds8

Miles Davis "If I Were A Bell" (from Live in Tokyo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkiPPSVRvE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back