VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #2,926 of 3,324
recently i walked into a hifi tweak store and asked the pricing of bare silver wires..
and was quoted usd40bucks for 1m...and was told i need 4m just to fabricate a 1m length cable...!?
that works out to usd160? not counting connectors workmanship blablabla..

so i think VE's pricing of the "cardas" wire is "reasonably priced" ..
i had Cardas on my hd600/650 before,
i could hear a smoother cleaner more dynamic addyourownadjective sound. :)

My question to Mr Lee :

are the drivers on the Zen, Azura better/different than the drivers on the MONK?  In what ways? 

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #2,927 of 3,324
Hi @golov17
  Thank you for your feedback. :)  Another question if you may. How is Asura and Zen comparing with Yuin PK1 in terms of sound quality?  I was told that Yuin PK1 is also quite good and it has high impedance (150ohm) similar to Asura. Thank you
I do not like pk1, for me it is at the level of the first beta Asura, but they have a smaller size housing, and I do not know what is best suitable for your ears.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #2,929 of 3,324
@tgx78 @Lorspeaker  Thank you very much for your feedback. Great to know that Cardas cable enhance the sound more smooth, warm yet detailed. 
bigsmile_face.gif
  Does this Cardas cable change impedance of the earphone?

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #2,932 of 3,324
Has anyone own "OSTRY KC08 High-Fi Audiophile Grade Flat Earbuds" to compare with VE Asura | Zen?
Considering to purchase one out of VE Asura, VE Zen and Ostry KC08. I see many information on VE Asura & Zen but none on Ostry KC08. If anyone owns this earbud, it would be awesome to hear impression or comparison among those high end earbuds.  

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #2,933 of 3,324
Has anyone own "OSTRY KC08 High-Fi Audiophile Grade Flat Earbuds" to compare with VE Asura | Zen?
Considering to purchase one out of VE Asura, VE Zen and Ostry KC08. I see many information on VE Asura & Zen but none on Ostry KC08. If anyone owns this earbud, it would be awesome to hear impression or comparison among those high end earbuds.  
http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #2,935 of 3,324
...had a package waiting in my mailbox last night when I got home...the Asura 2.0

Burned them in overnight....going to give them a little more time before I start commenting, but am excited to hear these...

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #2,937 of 3,324
...had a package waiting in my mailbox last night when I got home...the Asura 2.0

Burned them in overnight....going to give them a little more time before I start commenting, but am excited to hear these...

I got my Zen v2 on Monday. I wasn't 100% sure whether I liked them or not when I first listened to them. The sound seemed a little unbalanced and I didn't like them as much as the zen v1 I had borrowed. I kept adjusting the ear position to try to get a better result and swapped between donut/full/no foams but wasn't happy.

I left them on overnight burn in for a couple of nights and am much happier now. They seem to be coherent and the bass slightly fuller. Anybody else experience similar effects (or delusions depending on your view)?

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #2,938 of 3,324
I'm still not 100% convinced I like the V2 better than the V1, but I sent them back to trade up to the V2, so can't directly compare. Mostly just back to my acs Encores, only so much listening time...

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #2,939 of 3,324
I got my Zen v2 on Monday. I wasn't 100% sure whether I liked them or not when I first listened to them. The sound seemed a little unbalanced and I didn't like them as much as the zen v1 I had borrowed. I kept adjusting the ear position to try to get a better result and swapped between donut/full/no foams but wasn't happy.

I left them on overnight burn in for a couple of nights and am much happier now. They seem to be coherent and the bass slightly fuller. Anybody else experience similar effects (or delusions depending on your view)?
I was very disappointed on first listen. I think they need a few days finding the right accessories and source to maximize their sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back