VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Dec 30, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #2,717 of 3,324
I never said it was the X7 :p

The Geek Out V2 has a balanced port so its just plugging in and rocking. Rocking hard I might add. :wink: 

Oops.. I meant "I'm surprised the X7 doesn't do balanced".

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #2,719 of 3,324
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 30, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #2,720 of 3,324
Dec 30, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #2,721 of 3,324
So I got my Zen 2.0 yesterday. At first I was disappointed with the roll off of sub bass but I could tell it was capable of doing really great things. Normally I listen to slow electronic music with solid sub bass. For the zen I pulled out some classical...... the zen loves classical. I have been listening to all sorts of stuff I normally wouldn't be because of the zen and I am loving it. Its a power hungry little bugger, I am running it from my Schiit Mangi at about 45% power and it really enjoys it.

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #2,722 of 3,324
  So I got my Zen 2.0 yesterday. At first I was disappointed with the roll off of sub bass but I could tell it was capable of doing really great things. Normally I listen to slow electronic music with solid sub bass. For the zen I pulled out some classical...... the zen loves classical. I have been listening to all sorts of stuff I normally wouldn't be because of the zen and I am loving it. Its a power hungry little bugger, I am running it from my Schiit Mangi at about 45% power and it really enjoys it.

I got the same disappointment when I heard the Monks they don't have any bass for me (maybe due to fit problems) specially when I compared them with my DT770. I use a pair of Edifier H185 (after extremely equalizing my X3 II) now for my portable setup, what earbuds are your favourite as it seems we share the same tastes?

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #2,724 of 3,324
Even better than the Burr Brown OPA627AP?  

Tbh I'm really surprised how much more I like the V5.....

That's crazy loud, what's your source?

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #2,725 of 3,324

Even better than the Burr Brown OPA627AP?  

Aune T1 for my Dac, into my M-Stage. 

Dec 31, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #2,726 of 3,324
Dec 31, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2,727 of 3,324

Aune T1 for my Dac, into my M-Stage. 

That's great Charlie but I was curious on @yacobx source
wink.gif

Oh yeah I see that now...Sorry for blowing up!!  
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #2,728 of 3,324

I run my iMac optical out to a fiio d03k ( the one that has the better chip in it ) to my schiit with rca cables. I keep my iTunes at about 60% to put a lil extra juice into the zen.

Here's another full picture

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #2,729 of 3,324
I run my iMac optical out to a fiio d03k ( the one that has the better chip in it ) to my schiit with rca cables. I keep my iTunes at about 60% to put a lil extra juice into the zen.

Here's another full picture

Aha, with the iTunes volume at 60% it makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying:thumbsup:

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #2,730 of 3,324
I got the same disappointment when I heard the Monks they don't have any bass for me (maybe due to fit problems) specially when I compared them with my DT770. I use a pair of Edifier H185 (after extremely equalizing my X3 II) now for my portable setup, what earbuds are your favourite as it seems we share the same tastes?

Well there is a perceived roll off at about 100hz bc such is the downfall of earbuds. I'm really happy with these for music that is not bass hungry. Give hdtracks 2015 sampler download a try with your monks, I think you'd enjoy it.

What are my favorite earbuds? I'm not sure but if we are talking about iems I'd say the vsonic gr07 be. Side note I have the Sony xb90ex and they have the most sub bass I've ever heard on an iem. It actually has gotten annoying lol. I prefer the straight up sound of my 250ohm dt770's. I'm a music producer so it's nice to hear more analytical. On the other hand it can be lifeless which is why I'm enjoying the zen so much. It's forcing me to find songs where it shines. It's fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back