VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Dec 31, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #2,731 of 3,324
giphy.gif

Happy New Years TEAM VE and a special shout-out to zhibli06 (Wild Lee) and kk, the dynamic duo behind VE!!!

Dec 31, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #2,732 of 3,324
giphy.gif

Happy New Years TEAM VE and a special shout-out to @zhibli06 (Wild Lee) and kk, the dynamic duo behind VE!!!

thanks man 

happy new year to u too.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s. gotta quite busy for the past few days,  you know it is the end of the year, so dinner party every day lol

it was kk's Bday yesterday , and we all event out (again)......for some serious heavy meal, and I just said to my wife , i need to start eating less lol

Dec 31, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #2,733 of 3,324
LOL - you and me both Lee.  Back on a calorie restricted eating plan and increased exercise jaunt again.

Just got back yesterday.  Email coming.  Enterprise is here - didn't exactly arrive safely - but is going and sounds amazing.

Tidying up Zen 2 review and will have it posted later today.

thanks man 

happy new year to u too.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s. gotta quite busy for the past few days,  you know it is the end of the year, so dinner party every day lol

it was kk's Bday yesterday , and we all event out (again)......for some serious heavy meal, and I just said to my wife , i need to start eating less lol

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #2,736 of 3,324
popcorn.gif
+
beerchug.gif
=
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #2,737 of 3,324
VE Zen V2 review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-zen-v2/reviews/14917

Bravo Lee - best earbud I've personally heard.  You fixed practically everything I thought needed work on the original.  And I'm still amazed how you can achieve that tonality with no covers!

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #2,738 of 3,324
I should have had my Zen 2.0 balanced by now but the mail services decided it was cool to transfer the package that was already in New York and maybe 40 minutes from me, sitting for 4 days from after departing a facility, and is now in Florida..

Not even going to begin to question the logic behind that, just gonna wait patiently for early next week.

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #2,740 of 3,324
Nice review, very well written. Still trying to get a handle on V1 vs V2, harder since I went for the trade up, so I don't have V1 here, by my recollection is of greater clarity in the V1, which is not how you hear them (no covers or other attachments used). Could just be my memory, I suppose. Maybe the balanced cable changes things. Don't know...
Also, didn't get the pelican case, just the zipper round case, but that could be because I was sent the original as a review sample, so really didn't wind up paying full price. No big deal...the case does what a case should do, just wondering if that changes since you received the V2, or if it's still included.
I'm also really curious what the TOTL offering will be like.
Great write up!

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #2,742 of 3,324
Just came back from dog walk, brought along balanced V2 and Pono. Think I'm starting to "get" the V2, really enjoyed listening today. They do sound detailed, rich, now as wide soundstage as I recall from V1 or from my TOTL headphones, but, hey, they cost about 1/10th of the acs Encore, 1/30th of the HE-1000. How they are placed also makes a big difference. Definitely think they are keepers today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back