VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 12, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #2,102 of 3,324
  I tried contacting him, but not even a reply

guess he is really busy lol

Cheers 

Lee

I think companies just send him crap without even contacting him. That's why he's always so busy.

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,105 of 3,324
Tyll's DUKE measurements are already up, btw
wink.gif

Just found it now, I have no idea how to interpret those graphs lol

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #2,106 of 3,324

Just found it now, I have no idea how to interpret those graphs lol

My interpretation would be the frequency response looks pretty great with the bass well extended but there is a a nasty looking treble spike at 60-70khz and some channel imbalance in the bass region. Distortion is good until you turn it up very loud in which case it loses control and become quite distorted. Not 100% sure how to interpret the other parts so I won't comment at the risk of spreading misinformation. 
etysmile.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,108 of 3,324
I finally received the Monks yesterday and they are not too shabby. Fairly balanced and natural sounding with slightly warmish tone and nice timbre. Yeah, the bass is rolling off too early and lacks in the depth department and vocals sound a touch nasal but it's really hard to fault something at this price point as I've heard many times more expensive stuff that has more cons.

Quote:
  My interpretation would be the frequency response looks pretty great with the bass well extended but there is a a nasty looking treble spike at 60-70khz and some channel imbalance in the bass region. Distortion is good until you turn it up very loud in which case it loses control and become quite distorted. Not 100% sure how to interpret the other parts so I won't comment at the risk of spreading misinformation. 
etysmile.gif

at 60-70khz? That sounds nasty 
rolleyes.gif
 Just kidding, couldn't pass the opportunity

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #2,110 of 3,324
Just came back from doing some errands outside, was listening to the Zen 2.0 out of the iPod classic. Ever after a little burn in, (I left it to burn in without listening after first impressions) the midrange seriously opened up. Maybe the drivers were cold from being in transit who knows haha all I know is that it sounds better than it did before and it can't be brain burn in because I left it burning while I was doing other stuff

But thats not the point, the Zen 2.0 sounded really ducking good out out of my iPod classic! 
eek.gif
  I am really glad they made it easier to drive. And folks when you get it, burn them in good, the midrange really opens up!

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #2,111 of 3,324
  I am really glad they made it easier to drive. And folks when you get it, burn them in good, the midrange really opens up!

Or just listen to them and let your brain adjust to their signature 
wink.gif

Seriously - mine are in NZ now.  if you want, I'll measure them when they arrive, and again in another few weeks.  I'm pretty sure physical burn-in ain't going to change them.  Our perception of what they sound like (once our brain gets used to interpreting it) may change though 
smile.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #2,112 of 3,324

Or just listen to them and let your brain adjust to their signature 
wink.gif

Seriously - mine are in NZ now.  if you want, I'll measure them when they arrive, and again in another few weeks.  I'm pretty sure physical burn-in ain't going to change them.  Our perception of what they sound like (once our brain gets used to interpreting it) may change though 
smile.gif

Please do measure them and superimpose the measurements over the ones you took for the Zen 1.0 and the Monks :)

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,113 of 3,324
Lee, when will this be available for sale? Can those Zen 1.0 owners start sending off to you for the 2.0 exchange program that was mentioned a while back? I can't wait to buy the Zen 2.0.
L3000.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,114 of 3,324
  Lee, when will this be available for sale? Can those Zen 1.0 owners start sending off to you for the 2.0 exchange program that was mentioned a while back? I can't wait to buy the Zen 2.0.
L3000.gif

So when will these become available on AliExpress?  Seriously?  I'm wondering the same thing as this guy!

Or will they be available on some other website before AliExpress?  What's the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back