VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #2,086 of 3,324
will this be ever be available in AE? or is it only ordered offline maybe via direct email to Lee's Team? or the first batch of release would be mainly intended for pre-selected reviewers? i'm itching to buy and try a new IEM and there are a lots of potential buys in the For Sale thread but at the back of my mind, I also would like to try the Zen 2.0 and compare to the 1.0. Problem is by the time it would be "commercially" available, I may not have the funds already.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #2,093 of 3,324
Can I buy the VE ASURA to Portugal (Europe)? from china, thailand, anywhere?

please give me some info on how to buy them. i see them at aliexpress at 618$ -.-
(i've tried holysai.com and dontblameyourears.com but they dont ship to portugal)

Thank You folks!

already replied: mistertao

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #2,094 of 3,324
You know what sucks? 

The Zen 1.0!

You want to know why?

Because I have been listening to these and they are so much better the Zen 1 isn't going to get anymore listening time.... like at all. 

The Zen 2 has been rocking my world today since it arrived. Can't take them out of my ears! 

The new custom transparent shells are more comfortable and the new cable looks sexy af and is much easier to handle than the Zen 1.0 cable. Very much like the Duke Cable also has an L shaped cable. 

Most importantt thing: It is a noticeable jump in sound quality, not just aesthetics. So let me talk about the sound quality first.

The Zen 2 is MUCH MUCH easier to drive. Much more sensitive than the first Zen. Ignore the first pic with the Amp, it runs just fine out of the X7, but a high quality amp will always improve things! You can run it out of anything with decent power (other FiiO daps and such I would imagine). Much appreciated improvement over the Zen 1.0.

Do note that I am using my earbuds foamless and out of my Geek Out V2 and the X7 and these are my initial impressions:

1. these immediately sound fuller without using foams 
  2. much more detailed with better micro details 
  3. denser sound and richer and still has that PRaT factor
  4. The Zen 1.0 sounded subpar with my phone whereas the Zen 2.0 actually sounds enjoyable but still not as good as with a DAP or attaching an amp to the phone but the Zen 2.0 is still much easier to drive than the Zen 1.0
  5. Soundstage sounds like I am using full size open backs. No joke. Massive soundstage with great depth height and width
  6. Treble sounds articulate and precise - cymbal splashes are defined without being crispy
  7. The Zen 2.0 isn't just marginally better but quite a bit better than the 1.0, an upgrade in every sense of the word
  8. Guitars sound so damn good thanks due to the midrange, good body and imaging as well!
  9. Dat bass control and texture!

I will update with more impresses after burning them in more. 

My summary of the Zen 2.0: 
eek.gif
 (my face while listening to it)

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #2,095 of 3,324
  You know what sucks? 

You know what sucks? The fact that I don't have 2.0's lol

Seriously, that's pretty impressive given how great the 1.0's are.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #2,096 of 3,324
  You know what sucks? 

The Zen 1.0!

You want to know why?

Because I have been listening to these and they are so much better the Zen 1 isn't going to get anymore listening time.... like at all. 

The Zen 2 has been rocking my world today since it arrived. Can't take them out of my ears! 

The new custom transparent shells are more comfortable and the new cable looks sexy af and is much easier to handle than the Zen 1.0 cable. Very much like the Duke Cable also has an L shaped cable. 

Most importantt thing: It is a noticeable jump in sound quality, not just aesthetics. So let me talk about the sound quality first.

The Zen 2 is MUCH MUCH easier to drive. Much more sensitive than the first Zen. Ignore the first pic with the Amp, it runs just fine out of the X7, but a high quality amp will always improve things! You can run it out of anything with decent power (other FiiO daps and such I would imagine). Much appreciated improvement over the Zen 1.0.

Do note that I am using my earbuds foamless and out of my Geek Out V2 and the X7 and these are my initial impressions:

1. these immediately sound fuller without using foams 
  2. much more detailed with better micro details 
  3. denser sound and richer and still has that PRaT factor
  4. The Zen 1.0 sounded subpar with my phone whereas the Zen 2.0 actually sounds enjoyable but still not as good as with a DAP or attaching an amp to the phone but the Zen 2.0 is still much easier to drive than the Zen 1.0
  5. Soundstage sounds like I am using full size open backs. No joke. Massive soundstage with great depth height and width
  6. Treble sounds articulate and precise - cymbal splashes are defined without being crispy
  7. The Zen 2.0 isn't just marginally better but quite a bit better than the 1.0, an upgrade in every sense of the word
  8. Guitars sound so damn good thanks due to the midrange, good body and imaging as well!
  9. Dat bass control and texture!

I will update with more impresses after burning them in more. 

My summary of the Zen 2.0: 
eek.gif
 (my face while listening to it)

AGGGGH, the HYPE, the hype is SO strong with these now!

Come on VE, MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IN THE STORE SOOOON, PLEASE!  But preferably not BEFORE November 16th, that way they wont' completely sell-out before I myself have the funds to order a pair :p  Haha.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #2,097 of 3,324
Much easier to drive, looks even nicer, and a solid sound upgrade. What's not to like :)

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #2,099 of 3,324
  Lee should send a pair of the Zen 2.0s to Tyll at innerfidelity.com to review/take measurements. I would be interested to see what he thinks since he is very anti-earbud. 

I tried contacting him, but not even a reply

guess he is really busy lol

Cheers 

Lee

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #2,100 of 3,324
More for us who appreciate ear buds since Joker and Tyll really just do not. Limited production capability so good for that pair to go to a better place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back