VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 13, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #2,131 of 3,324
Yeah - it will depend on personal physiology I guess.  Some may still want to use foams if they never get a reasonable seal anyway - but I tried them before, and very boomy.

Zen2 naked though - crikey - it sounds amazing.  Don't want to take them out of my ears.  I usually try to avoid too much hype - but these really are gold.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #2,132 of 3,324
I am still waiting for Zen 2.0 balanced version.
Last night I checked out their taobao page, there were still non-balanced version in stock, but sold out over night

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #2,134 of 3,324

Very nice analysis @Brooko. I think I might need to use Earhoox with Zen 2.0 then, as I typically use foams to help stabilize earbuds.

Very nice analysis @Brooko. I think I might need to use Earhoox with Zen 2.0 then, as I typically use foams to help stabilize earbuds.

hey Nic, not sure, if my guys sent u the earhoxx-look-alike ( I hope i wont be served by earhoxx lol)

but it will be included in the accessories , so as the new foams ( for zen 3 bags of them , one bag = 1 pair of regular + 1 bag of donunt )

here is the picture from one of my fans in China

Cheers

Lee

@Brooko  wow 

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #2,136 of 3,324
No problem @zhibli06! I'll try them with and without foamies, and if I feel like I need earhoox I'll order some.

Sounds like you and kk deserve a big 
beerchug.gif
 for Zen 2.0!!!

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #2,137 of 3,324
  And now the sonics.

First - looking at the Zen 1s without any foam covers.  I'd never measured like this before, because I couldn't wear them like this.  And here is why:

Zen 1 (originals) - with no covers 
Zen 2 (new) - with no covers 

Basically with no covers, the bass is really low relative to the vocals, and to many anyway sounded very unnatural.  Next to it is the new Zen 2 with no covers.  Notice the very natural balance - bit if a hump at 100-200 Hz, but still sounds really clean, and the relative spike at 2K is much lower - so vocals aren't as forward - yay!  BTW - look at the driver matching - incredibly good.  Really hard to measure though.

So lets look at both earphones with the new doughnut covers on.

The Zen 1 is transformed with covers on - and this is the earphone I loved
Zen 2 however - nope - too bassy, this is supposed to be worn covers off

Zen1 now looks much better and closer to the Zen2 default (no covers).  Hwoever putting the covers on the Zen2 - for me anyway - really doesn't work.  Far too boomy.

And for a better comparison

Zen 1 bare vs Zen 1 with covers fitted - no question of the improvement
But Zen 2 without covers vs with covers is not recommended (by me anyway)

And finally comparsions of the two earphones

No covers Zen 1 vs Zen 2
With covers Zen 1 vs Zen 2

If you prefer using your Zens with no covers it really is a no brainer - Zen 2 is definitely the way to go.  But if you really like using a cover, then Zen 1 will probably net better results.

Hope this helps.

Could you chuck the Monk into the mix? Or is that too much to ask? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #2,140 of 3,324

Could you chuck the Monk into the mix? Or is that too much to ask? 
biggrin.gif

I can do it tomorrow for you.  Anything in particular - as I'll basically have to measure the whole lot again.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #2,141 of 3,324
I can do it tomorrow for you.  Anything in particular - as I'll basically have to measure the whole lot again.

Can't you just overlay the Monks measurments ontop of these graphs? If you gotta do it all again I don't want to trouble you with curiousity.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #2,142 of 3,324
I don't mind doing it - just don't want to redo every graph - so if you can tell me the specific ones, it makes it easier.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #2,145 of 3,324
  I don't mind doing it - just don't want to redo every graph - so if you can tell me the specific ones, it makes it easier.

Zen 1, Zen 2 and Monk with foams. And waterfall if you can of the Zen 2 and Monk. You know I'm all about them waterfalls! 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back