Vanessa Hudgens of 'High School Musical' showing her business.
Sep 12, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #46 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say it is your fault for not teaching your child who deserves respect and who does not. Don't blame everyone else; take some responsibility.

I assure you that any child of mine probably won't have the opportunity to be influenced by pop culture. Being raised in a home without any broadcast television at all, I was really out of touch with everything for the first 18 years of my life. I intend to raise my kids in the same kind of home. Now that I've been living in the city for several years I watch local and network tv, albeit not very often.

I agree with you both, though. It is a parents resposibility to instill proper values in their children. That doesn't mean that kids won't be exposed to things that are bad influences, obviously.

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #47 of 75
In before the lock...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #49 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's sad as that this seems to be such big news everywhere. can't people just ignore celebrities until they go away?

The Tao said you can't really teach anyone anything, but only be an example to others.

Personally I avoid gossip like the plague.

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #50 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The flesh and bones of me felt that way too. I mean if she was just a random actor I wouldn't have thought twice about giving the picture a crooked grin, imprinting it in my memory, and thinking about how good she looked every once in a while.

The thing is, she was a Disney Channel star and regardless of how old she is, the kids have the impression that she's their peer (or close to it). This is what stinks about it.

I don't have kids (and don't plan to, ever), but If I sit back and pretended that I did for a moment, I can completely understand and agree with where you are coming from.

But as far as teen female stars go, the exception to the 'norm' these days seem to be the ones who don't go off the deep end with drugs, booze, nude pictures, and any other forms of debauchery. For me it's just another case of "oh look, another teeny bopper star went off the deep end". Perhaps it is the pessimist in me, but this kind of thing doesn't surprise me at all, and I have actually come to expect it. It isn't a matter of if, but simply a matter of when any more.

It's a scary and often times cruel world out there, and I don't envy anyone who has to raise kids in it.

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #52 of 75
I think "somebody" wants out of a Disney contract.

Simple as that (and definitely orchestrated, not innocent).

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #53 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think "somebody" wants out of a Disney contract.

Simple as that (and definitely orchestrated, not innocent).

And what evidence do you have to prove such an idea?

Sep 17, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #55 of 75
Heaven forbid an 18-year old girl be open about her sexuality. It's so horrible.

What I don't understand is why everyone keeps talking as if she did anything wrong. She did nothing wrong. The person who leaked the pictures was in the wrong.

Sep 17, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #56 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heaven forbid an 18-year old girl be open about her sexuality. It's so horrible.

What I don't understand is why everyone keeps talking as if she did anything wrong. She did nothing wrong. The person who leaked the pictures was in the wrong.

Not everyone.

Sep 17, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #57 of 75
Damn, this is sucks, 3 pages and no one post the picture and made me google to see what you guys talking about
very_evil_smiley.gif

IMHO, eventhough she's 18yo, it's wrong since her audience demographic is obviously teens, not adult. If her audience is adult, I don't see anything wrong with it. Well, nude doesn't equal sex but if you're a horny male teens, I bet lots of them use that picture
very_evil_smiley.gif

Btw, my message to Vanessa, keep it coming girls.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #59 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
her career will sky rocket now..i mean how many people heard of Vanessa whatsher name until this?

look at Paris hilton...in fact what does she really do anyway? like job wise..

I'm with whomever said she wanted out of her Disney contract. Look what happened to Jessica Beal after they fired her from 7th Heaven for doing that very racy photo shoot (not nude but WOW). Thos epics make what Hudgens did seem very innocent.

Sep 19, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #60 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm with whomever said she wanted out of her Disney contract. Look what happened to Jessica Beal after they fired her from 7th Heaven for doing that very racy photo shoot (not nude but WOW). Thos epics make what Hudgens did seem very innocent.

Holy-crap. Jessica Biel has a freakishly perfect body. I mean I'm honestly kinda freaked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back