Vanessa Hudgens of 'High School Musical' showing her business.
Sep 11, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #16 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are a misogynist, scared of the power and beauty of the nude female form. Just because you can't see a bit of ankle without freaking out about your own hard-on does not mean everyone else thinks nudity equals sex.

Good call. You're right I don't appreciate a womans body on the same level as you do. I don't like to look at a nude woman and admire the subtle beauty in her figure. Well, actually, I would say that you're wrong.

I'm all about the ladies friend. There's nothing wrong with doing any of this in your own home.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #17 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All she did was take a single innocent nekkid picture and send it to her boyfriend. It's not even a suggestive picture, she's just standing there smiling. (The other pics have her in fairly conservative undergarments -- compared to what young girls wear these days anyway). It's hardly the wild, depraved thing people are portraying it as.

In a world of Paris Hilton-style videos, Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie crotch shots, imported Japanese shota, guro, and loli, etc. this is actually kind of charmingly sweet and innocent.

Well, at least they were easy to warn against.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #18 of 75
If you're going to make a movie called High School Musical, you shouldn't target it at an audience of 10-12 year olds. Remember, Superbad is also about high schoolers.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to make a movie called High School Musical, you shouldn't target it at an audience of 10-12 year olds. Remember, Superbad is also about high schoolers.

Well, tween girls (the main demographic) absolutely worship everything about high school culture. That's why they made it.

Superbad is a hilarious adult-oriented movie and I don't think many 12 y/o girls made it in to see it.

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #21 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vagarack: WOW, i know exactly what you mean! what has happened to our members lounge? it's been taken over by a new breed; it's become less intelligent, more POP culture, more inane posts (perhaps like this one, oops); it's odd, but i feel we've lost some of our cache here at headfi

would you perfer some more posts along the lines of, OH NO! Last week I turned the volume knob on my amp all the way to 5! but normally I only listen at 3. Now when I go to sleep I think I can imagine a tiny ringing noise. I've been down to ER and they wouldn't help me! I've tried herbal teas and wearing earplugs for days. oh my god someone help me I have tinnitus!!!!

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #23 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She's the role model for millions of young girls. Just because your relative morality doesn't lead you to think that there's anything wrong with it doesn't mean that I can't shake my head and worry that my little sister's sense of right and wrong will be chipped away at by things like this.

There's nothing me or anyone else can do about it now, and I assure you I've already moved on.

No, what she is is an actress. She does NOTHING for society. Her job means nothing. The fact that she is idolized is pathetic. We live in a culture where people have absolutely no clue as to those who are worthy of praise and idolatry and those who are mere jesters vying for our attention and money.

The fact that she had a nude picture floating around is a blip on the radar as far as I'm concerned. So what? The only people that this bothers are the people who let their children watch the crap that is Disney. Talk about a fake facade of morality. Disney is all about consumerism and ratings. They sell garbage, and people lap it up.

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #24 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, what she is is an actress. She does NOTHING for society. Her job means nothing. The fact that she is idolized is pathetic. We live in a culture where people have absolutely no clue as to those who are worthy of praise and idolatry and those who are mere jesters vying for our attention and money.

The fact that she had a nude picture floating around is a blip on the radar as far as I'm concerned. So what? The only people that this bothers are the people who let their children watch the crap that is Disney. Talk about a fake facade of morality. Disney is all about consumerism and ratings. They sell garbage, and people lap it up.

x4346576955556.675634552734134

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #26 of 75
An actress does a reasonable amount for society, really. They participate in the making of movies. People watch those movies. Society is made up of people in general, including watchers of inane movies, not just some elite class.

You might as well say that musicians do nothing for society, or that good musicians contribute to society while pop musicians are parasites, etc. but I don't see that either.

Sep 11, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #27 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An actress does a reasonable amount for society, really. They participate in the making of movies. People watch those movies. Society is made up of people in general, including watchers of inane movies, not just some elite class.

You might as well say that musicians do nothing for society, or that good musicians contribute to society while pop musicians are parasites, etc. but I don't see that either.

The reality is that none of them should be idolized just for being entertainers. Besides, do you really want to lump her in with people like Denzel Washington? There are entertainers that positively impact the nation and leave their mark, both actors and musicians. There are also ones that are, in the grand scheme of things, a fart in the wind. The actress in this discussion is sadly in the latter camp...

You may not acknowledge it, but the distinction is there...

Sep 11, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #28 of 75
Quote:

We live in a culture where people have absolutely no clue as to those who are worthy of praise and idolatry and those who are mere jesters vying for our attention and money.

so who should people idolize. it seems that for just about everyone, you could say all he or she does is x, which will be respected by some and seen as pedestrian by others.

Sep 11, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #29 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so who should people idolize. it seems that for just about everyone, you could say all he or she does is x, which will be respected by some and seen as pedestrian by others.

Well, for starters, idolization is kind of an extreme word. It also different for many people. As far as vocations/roles that deserve more consideration than others:

All hard-working and ethical:
Parents
Teachers
Police Officers
Fire Fighters
Social Workers
Doctors
Nurses
Human Rights Advocates
etc...

To me, those people are actually bettering our society. I mean, I love a good movie and/or album as much as anyone else, but there are very few actors or musicians who could even hope to be as influential on a humanitarian level as the aforementioned people. To say otherwise is, to me, insane...

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #30 of 75
Quote:

Well, for starters, idolization is kind of an extreme word. It also different for many people. As far as vocations/roles that deserve more consideration than others:

All hard-working and ethical:
Parents
Teachers
Police Officers
Fire Fighters
Social Workers
Doctors
Nurses
Human Rights Advocates
etc...

To me, those people are actually bettering our society. I mean, I love a good movie and/or album as much as anyone else, but there are very few actors or musicians who could even hope to be as influential on a humanitarian level as the aforementioned people. To say otherwise is, to me, insane...

What good is society if you have all possible services and needs, but no motive? Actors and actresses provide indefinite hours of entertainment, that's something to look forward to after a long day at the office. That's doing a lot for society in my opinion, and their work isn't something everybody can do either, acting is a gift.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, particularly with your last comment, just expanding upon reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back