Vanessa Hudgens of 'High School Musical' showing her business.
Sep 10, 2007 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
I saw this coming from one-thousand miles away. A while back her and her boyfriend (Zac Efron) were both interviewed on a television tabloid show where they made it pretty clear that they're ready to become a TMZ holywood garbage couple. Not too classy. Zac 'Holywood Playboy' Efron was saying how his nubile girlfriend was actually a "very sexy woman" underneath her innocent facade. Well she sure as heck has brought the innocent rumor to a rest.

I have a little sister at the tweener Disney Channel age right now and I gotta say, I'm pretty worried. Eleven year-old girls don't need to be going to school talking about their Disney Channel idol's sex life. I would just suggest that if you are willing to take the chance of your hoo-haa being showed to everyone on the internet by taking a picture of yourself and giving it to a teenage boy then you should reconsider working in the child entertainment field.

Sorry about the little rant, after this I probably won't even give this another thought.

Sep 10, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 75
With the prevalence of cell phone cameras, webcams, and IM, I'd be surprised if the majority of girls make it out of their teens without some naughty pictures or videos floating around. The Vanessa Hudgens pictures (only one nekkid one) are pretty tame as far as these things go....

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 75
All of a sudden head-fi has turned into digg.com, except delayed by a few days, oh how it saddens me!

Still, you would think that highly connected teens would know all about what happens when things like this are loosed from their computer.

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 75
vagarack: WOW, i know exactly what you mean! what has happened to our members lounge? it's been taken over by a new breed; it's become less intelligent, more POP culture, more inane posts (perhaps like this one, oops); it's odd, but i feel we've lost some of our cache here at headfi

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 75
You mean she has a VAGINA hidden under those clothes? And BOOBS too? My my my, what a person. Everyone knows nudity = sex, right? What kind of message is she sending to our CHILDREN? Get that heathen a burkha RIGHT NOW!
rolleyes.gif

She posed for an innocent nude picture. You will get over it, I assure you.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vagarack: WOW, i know exactly what you mean! what has happened to our members lounge? it's been taken over by a new breed; it's become less intelligent, more POP culture, more inane posts (perhaps like this one, oops); it's odd, but i feel we've lost some of our cache here at headfi

Yeah, I didn't mean to drag down the level any more and I probably shouldn't have posted it. I swear I don't watch ET or Extra! on a regular basis, and I'm as far from a tabloid afficionado as one could be (I don't even have cable television). I just happened to see Vanessa and her boyfriend being interviewed while I was flipping through the 6 channels I get with my 'rabbit ears' TV antenna. When I heard about this recent incident I just had to say something about it.

"it's been taken over by a new breed; it's become less intelligent, more POP culture, more inane posts (perhaps like this one, oops);"

Less intelligent? No, there's just a ton more young kids on here than there was a couple years ago. I agree that there's a lot less quality topics brought up.

If you wanna look down your nose at other forums again, just start a new one and don't let anyone under 25 join.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She posed for an innocent nude picture. You will get over it, I assure you.

She's the role model for millions of young girls. Just because your relative morality doesn't lead you to think that there's anything wrong with it doesn't mean that I can't shake my head and worry that my little sister's sense of right and wrong will be chipped away at by things like this.

There's nothing me or anyone else can do about it now, and I assure you I've already moved on.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She's the role model for millions of young girls. Just because your relative morality doesn't lead you to think that there's anything wrong with it doesn't mean that I can't shake my head and worry that my little sister's sense of right and wrong will be chipped away at by things like this.

There's nothing me or anyone else can do about it now, and I assure you I've already moved on.

You missed the point in all the snark.

Nudity does not equal sex or "immorality". In fact, there is nothing immoral about sex either.

If I were you I would be worried more about your little sister's outlook on sex and her own body being perverted by antiquated and puritanical attitudes such as yours.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 75
Quote:

You missed the point in all the snark.

Nudity does not equal sex or "immorality". In fact, there is nothing immoral about sex either.

If I were you I would be worried more about your little sister's outlook on sex and her own body being perverted by antiquated and puritanical attitudes such as yours.

Mister, I guarentee you you're in the minority (maybe not here on head-fi) in your opinions. Are you trying to tell me that I'm less evolved because I don't think that everyone should accept the deterioration of dignity and class in our culture? If you think open nudity and uninhibited sex should be widely accepted practices, that's your opinion. You are, indeed, a very small percentage of people here. If you think the practice of teaching our daughters to not become classless, unrespectable whores is "antiquated and puritanical" than I feel sorry for any young woman that you influence.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #12 of 75
Quote:

classless, unrespectable whores

You are a misogynist, scared of the power and beauty of the nude female form. Just because you can't see a bit of ankle without freaking out about your own hard-on does not mean everyone else thinks nudity equals sex.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #13 of 75
All she did was take a single innocent nekkid picture and send it to her boyfriend. It's not even a suggestive picture, she's just standing there smiling. (The other pics have her in fairly conservative undergarments -- compared to what young girls wear these days anyway). It's hardly the wild, depraved thing people are portraying it as.

In a world of Paris Hilton-style videos, Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie crotch shots, imported Japanese shota, guro, and loli, etc. this is actually kind of charmingly sweet and innocent.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #14 of 75
Quote:

You are mixing nudity and sex again. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

It is YOU who is missing my point. I know that being naked isn't having sex. I see myself naked every day and most of the time it's not to have sex. The key part of my argument was the interview that her and her boyfriend gave to a tabloid news show a while back. They were alluding to their sex life and ever so happy to be public with the notion. The picture she took was for her boyfriend and was distributed by someone other than her boyfriend. Obviously, I'm a "keep it in the bedroom" kind of guy and I was sharing my opinion.

Now that we've established that I know that nudity doesn't always equal sex, let me say that I don't think it's right to show your goodies to everyone even if it isn't about sex. I also think that kids should learn about sex at a natural pace like most of us did. My friends and I definately weren't ready to deal with the responsibilities of sex when we were going into Jr. High.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #15 of 75
Quote:

It is YOU who is missing my point. I know that being naked isn't having sex. I see myself naked every day and most of the time it's not to have sex. The key part of my argument was the interview that her and her boyfriend gave to a tabloid news show a while back. They were alluding to their sex life and ever so happy to be public with the notion. The picture she took was for her boyfriend and was distributed by someone other than her boyfriend. Obviously, I'm a "keep it in the bedroom" kind of guy and I was sharing my opinion.

Now that we've established that I know that nudity doesn't always equal sex, let me say that I don't think it's right to show your goodies to everyone even if it isn't about sex. I also think that kids should learn about sex at a natural pace like most of us did. My friends and I definately weren't ready to deal with the responsibilities of sex when we were going into Jr. High.

Alright, I concede that was your point. And I respect your need to protect your sister. And what Hudgens did smells like a publicity stunt. But I stand by my point, that the stigmatization of the human body in American culture is backward and is seen as such by the rest of the civilized world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back