Vali 2 tube rolling
Nov 1, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #4,741 of 6,436
Why would you think that? :laughing:

Didn't read just saw the pic. You really need a TLDR section with a brief synopsis for us folks that value our time and have more important things to do than read your incessant ramblings.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #4,742 of 6,436
I suspect you are in management and give credit where credit is due. The sign of a good man. Not everyone learns that.

You know that Bill posted that, right? Why would you assume any of that?

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #4,743 of 6,436
Didn't read just saw the pic. You really need a TLDR section with a brief synopsis for us folks that value our time and have more important things to do than read your incessant ramblings.

What you really mean is that I need a Ripper-only section with just pictures, right? :fearful:

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #4,744 of 6,436
Nov 1, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #4,745 of 6,436
Nov 1, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #4,746 of 6,436
Nov 1, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #4,747 of 6,436
Nov 1, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #4,748 of 6,436
The 6922 -> 7N7 adapter has arrived. Very nice workmanship!! Huge step up from anything I've received out of China to be sure. So many thanks to @Deyan !! Quite pleased with it.

In answer to your question @Mr Trev it measures exactly 2" in height not including the 6922 socket pins:

Here it is in the Vali 2 getting its first taste of a Frankentube without multi-adaptering (which is frowned on by the local audio police :open_mouth:):

Very nice. Any idea what it's made of?
I'll have to drop the guy a line and see about getting a 6sn7 version - ideally about 1/2" shorter on the bottom half. Basically I'd want the 6sn7 diameter part to be just above the Vali case.

I am liking the PCB based adapters that were sent along with the ECC40s too. They fit in the Vali much better that I expected - no worries about shorting on the casing, and they still stick up just high enough to get enough of a grip on the socket to remove the adapter. I'll probably get ones for my 12au7s and 5670s in the near future.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #4,749 of 6,436
Very nice. Any idea what it's made of?
I'll have to drop the guy a line and see about getting a 6sn7 version - ideally about 1/2" shorter on the bottom half. Basically I'd want the 6sn7 diameter part to be just above the Vali case.

I am liking the PCB based adapters that were sent along with the ECC40s too. They fit in the Vali much better that I expected - no worries about shorting on the casing, and they still stick up just high enough to get enough of a grip on the socket to remove the adapter. I'll probably get ones for my 12au7s and 5670s in the near future.

What the casing is made of? Not sure. It's similar in feel to a phenolic resin (like older octal tube bases), but that's about the best description I can offer. I haven't seen what the empty case looks like, but from the exterior construction it appears that either end could possibly be shortened by sawing it off with the proper tool. Perhaps @Deyan can offer some info to help out here.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #4,750 of 6,436
What the casing is made of? Not sure. It's similar in feel to a phenolic resin (like older octal tube bases), but that's about the best description I can offer. I haven't seen what the empty case looks like, but from the exterior construction it appears that either end could possibly be shortened by sawing it off with the proper tool. Perhaps @Deyan can offer some info to help out here.

That's cool. Just wondering if it was plastic, metal, bones of some near extinct animal… I'll definitely explain what I'm looking for when I get in touch.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #4,751 of 6,436

I wonder if they're 3D printed - I hope Deyan shows up to provide some info. It's really nice work.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #4,752 of 6,436
I wonder if they're 3D printed - I hope Deyan shows up to provide some info. It's really nice work.

Could very well be 3D printed. Didn't think of that possibility.

Crap...now I'm looking at 3D printers on Amazon. Thanks heaps. :laughing:

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #4,754 of 6,436
That particular one is from polycarbonate. It's no 3D printed it's turned down on a lathe. I hop this answers some questions.

That answers all the questions. So with lathe turning I assume you can alter the length dimensions pretty easily? Or do you just do standard sizes?

Crap...now I'm looking at lathes on Amazon. :slight_smile: :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back