1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Vali 2 tube rolling

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by capt369, Jan 8, 2016.
First

Back
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326
Next

Last
  1. wabe
    In case you folks care, after some back-and-forth with garage1217 on the adapter, the Vali 2 is a bit of an edge case for some reason. He sent me a revised adapter which is working perfectly. For future reference, if you go this route, make sure you add notes to your order that you will be using in a Vali 2.

Thanks for the help you folks provided in helping me resolve this.

Mr Trev and bcowen like this.
  2. bcowen
    Glad you got things worked out! I've never bought anything from Garage1217, but from postings I've read it seems they build very nice products. Glad to hear their support matches that.

3. exdmd
    There was a time when the Qobuz Win 10 app was new and buggy. Playback would stutter or distort requiring a restart. Audirvana+ was always solid with Qobuz until they fixed the problems with the app, it took awhile. I still use Audirvana even though the Qobuz app is fine now, what I am used to. Without Audirvana I would have been limited to Tidal.

4. Keno18
    Qobuz still has a cache bug. It sometimes corrupts and won't recover. You've got to empty the cache and restart the application. It happens very infrequently so it's not a show stopper. I was alerted to it by their tech support when I had run into it early on.

Edit: Maybe you can answer a question I have about Audirvana, in Qobuz favorites how are the albums sorted? Artist, album name, or what?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  5. exdmd
    In the Qobuz app you can select Favourites and then sort by added date, releases or artists. My Audirvana+ on Win 10 just updated to 3.5.0. I can go into settings and set sorting criteria for local library tracks and albums and streaming user playlists but there is no option to sort Favorite streaming albums. It looks to me like they are just sorted by added date with latest added shown first. I do wish Audirvana would offer the same sorting options as the Qobuz app for streaming.

6. Keno18
    Thanks, I didn't see a way, just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked anything. BTW, in Qobuz I selected "Optimized" in cache size, that seems to minimize the corruption problem.

7. bcowen
    The 6922 -> 7N7 adapter has arrived. Very nice workmanship!! Huge step up from anything I've received out of China to be sure. So many thanks to @Deyan !! Quite pleased with it.

In answer to your question @Mr Trev it measures exactly 2" in height not including the 6922 socket pins:

7N7 6922 Adapter.jpg

Here it is in the Vali 2 getting its first taste of a Frankentube without multi-adaptering (which is frowned on by the local audio police :open_mouth:):

7N7 in Vali.jpg

exdmd, ScubaMan2017, bochawa and 2 others like this.
  8. Paladin79
    I need to look for my Vali 2 sometime, been busy with the Mjolnir.

I am in the Freya + thread listening to three guys sing the praises of GE tubes. I am trying so very hard to be cordial and say things like “ they are reasonably priced.”
    Bill would have had a seizure by now.

Nice adapter by the way!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  9. bcowen
    Your restraint is admirable. :slight_smile: Obviously those guys have never heard anything other than a GE, which would logically make it sound good (as the only alternative would be silence). :slight_smile:

10. bcowen
    And finally a finished picture of what everyone has been waiting for (well, everyone being pretty much me): the blatant rip-off of @Paladin79 's Schitty rack design. The bottom shelf will be the new home for a Bifrost 2, and with the brass cones in place beneath it there will be about an inch of space between the top of the Bifrost and the bottom of the top shelf. Found a nice piece of Tiger maple, finished it with tung oil and a couple coats of Renaissance wax, used solid brass rods and the little big a$$ brass feet on the bottom. All that's left is to cryo treat it and then run it on the Cable Cooker for several days before sending it to Tibet for final blessing by the monks. :smile:

And Tom, I'm pretty sure it will withstand the weight of both the Lyr 3 and Bifrost 2 without collapsing, at least for an hour or two. :smile:

schiitrack1.jpg

11. Paladin79
    Wow! Most impressive Bill. I have not worked with tiger maple but I will get some for the looks. You need to show that off in Jason’s thread.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  12. Ripper2860
    Looks like your reserving space for a Bifrost 2. :wink:

bcowen likes this.
  13. bcowen
    Why would you think that? :laughing:

14. bcowen
    Thanks Tom! Just trying to fly under the radar to avoid paying royalties. :relaxed:

Paladin79 likes this.
  15. Paladin79
    I suspect you are in management and give credit where credit is due. The sign of a good man. Not everyone learns that.

bcowen likes this.
First

Back
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326
Next

Last