Valhalla 2 review coming soon!
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #226 of 907
Today I took delivery of a analog Uber USB Bifrost. What a revelation paired with my Valhalla 2 and my Beyer t1 headphones. I came from a Cambridge Dacmagic 100 Dac. The level of micro detail this Dac with the amp reveals is quite unbelievable.  It is akin to being in another room with the other dad. Now I am in the same room as the musicians . The combination of the 3 products is simply wonderful . Hugh congrats to I ordered it on Thursday Australian time and it arrived midday Monday from America .

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #227 of 907

Hi Matt,

Long time.  How do you find the synergy between the Val 2 & the HD600 ?  Do you use different tubes with the HD600 than with the HD800, or do you just use the same ones ?

Thanks.

There is very good synergy between the 600 and Val 2. I just got a crack on loan and I plan to do some testing. But I love how the pairing sound with the 600/Val 2 right now. The resolution and tone are just top notch. This is all with stock tubes.

I just learned that I can roll tubes from lyr to the Val 2 on the driver side. This will open up some options for me this week to experiment with. Short answer, this is a very enjoyable combo for me. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #228 of 907
  Today I took delivery of a analog Uber USB Bifrost. What a revelation paired with my Valhalla 2 and my Beyer t1 headphones. I came from a Cambridge Dacmagic 100 Dac. The level of micro detail this Dac with the amp reveals is quite unbelievable.  It is akin to being in another room with the other dad. Now I am in the same room as the musicians . The combination of the 3 products is simply wonderful . Hugh congrats to I ordered it on Thursday Australian time and it arrived midday Monday from America .

I am looking to get either an uberfrost or a Meridian Director. I wish I could get some comparisons, but all I know is that they are both very very good DACs on their own, I can get both for the same price so that's not a factor. I really like the design of Meridian products, much more than Schiit's designs, but if it doesn't sound better than I really don't care how it looks :)

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #229 of 907

Hi Matt,

Long time.  How do you find the synergy between the Val 2 & the HD600 ?  Do you use different tubes with the HD600 than with the HD800, or do you just use the same ones ?

Thanks.

There is very good synergy between the 600 and Val 2. I just got a crack on loan and I plan to do some testing. But I love how the pairing sound with the 600/Val 2 right now. The resolution and tone are just top notch. This is all with stock tubes.

I just learned that I can roll tubes from lyr to the Val 2 on the driver side. This will open up some options for me this week to experiment with. Short answer, this is a very enjoyable combo for me. 

Looking forward to reading your comments about the Crack vs Val 2 & the Lyr tubes. 
popcorn.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #230 of 907
http://www.head-fi.org/t/738742/valhalla-2-proplems-blew-beyer-dt-990-6000hm-i-need-help

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #235 of 907
Can anyone tell me about the HE-500s and this amp? I have this and the 650s, but am itching to get some 500s with the new price drop... Schiit told me not so good, but wanted to get some more opinions before i completely gut my setup to afford a new amp/headphones...Thanks!

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #237 of 907
  Can anyone tell me about the HE-500s and this amp? I have this and the 650s, but am itching to get some 500s with the new price drop... Schiit told me not so good, but wanted to get some more opinions before i completely gut my setup to afford a new amp/headphones...Thanks!

I mean...you already heard it from Schiit themselves already, will any of our opinions really change your decision?

For planar magnetic headphones, your best bet would probably be the Lyr 2, but the Asgard 2 and Vali would be fine as well. I'm very happy with the Vali.

Valhalla 2 will pair better with high impedance headphones like HD650 or DT880/600 ohms. (HD800/T1 as well if that's in your price range)

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #239 of 907
  Can someone tell me how hot the Valhalla 2 gets?

Just warm?

Burning hot?

If I accidentally left it on and went to work would it burn the house down?

1.  Gradually warms up to a stable hot state.
2.  More than warm.
3.  Not burning hot, not cooking hot, just plain hot.  Not as hot as a 75W light bulb.
4.  No of course not.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #240 of 907
  Can someone tell me how hot the Valhalla 2 gets?

Just warm?

Burning hot?

If I accidentally left it on and went to work would it burn the house down?

I leave mine on for 10-12 hours + on the weekends since I have nothing else better to do, so I doubt it will burn the house down if you leave it on all day. 

It does run quite hot. But this is normal apparently for most Schiit amps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back