Valhalla 2 review coming soon!
Dec 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #258 of 907
  Hello thank you for your reply.  Would the Valhalla 2 do well with Alpha Dogs?  I read somewhere Lyr 2 is better for Alpha Dog.... but worse for HD800... and I don't want to buy 2 Schiit amps... -_-.... thx again!

IMO the Lyr 2 is very good with my HD800, Great combo!! I enjoy with this combo 

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #261 of 907
  Cool! then I'll probably get a Lyr 2 like you then.  What tubes do you use on it with your HD800? :) thx again for your reply

The Lyr 2 is good match for HD800, but there are better amps on the same price or cheaper. I've read that the Valhalla 2 is 'better' for HD800 compared to Lyr. I have HD800 and Lyr 2 (with Amperex OG or Tesla Gold pins) which is good pairing, however my cheaper SS amp Gustard H10 pairs better with the HD800. The tone, to me, is better with the H10 and so are the dynamics and instruments separation. If I didn't hear the HD800 with the H10, I will be happy with the Lyr 2 (Amperex OG tubes) and the HD800. YMMV.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #265 of 907
Does anyone know if it's worth upgrading from a Valhalla 1 to the 2?
I have Valhalla 2; haven't heard the original Valhalla. But the 2 has the low/high gain switch, which makes it more versatile for more headphone choices. And variable RCA outs, for use as a preamp or to directly drive powered speakers.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #266 of 907
Has anyone done a comparison of the valhalla 2 to the asgard 2 with the sennheiser hd600. I owned both the asgard 2 and the valhalla 1 at the same time with these headphones and thought the valhalla was a little better but sold it due to the lack of a gain switch and pre outs. Would be very interested in a comparison.

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #268 of 907
Has anyone done a comparison of the valhalla 2 to the asgard 2 with the sennheiser hd600. I owned both the asgard 2 and the valhalla 1 at the same time with these headphones and thought the valhalla was a little better but sold it due to the lack of a gain switch and pre outs. Would be very interested in a comparison.

@amnesiac75 I have the Asgard 2 and the sennheiser HD 600s, which I think is a wonderful pairing, and I'm waiting on a Valhalla 2 from Schiit. I'll post some initial impressions between the amps, once I receive it (unfortunately, though, per Alex from Schiit on the Schiit Happened thread, that still might be a while).

I had the chance to try Valhalla 2 with HD800 and it sounds wonderful, my next purchase for sure!

@cocolinho That's nice to hear. I found the HD 800 for a really good price during Black Friday weekend and pulled the trigger and can't wait to hear them with the Valhalla 2. Did you hear the amp with the stock tubes?

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #270 of 907
What's the next step up from Valhalla 2 with just the HD800? I really like its neutral signature and black background for reference. Who has stepped up to a $700-800ish tube amp and can offer insight on comparisons?

I can probably get a used Decware CSP3 or WA6SE with xmas $. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back