V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Aug 3, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #901 of 972
Oh, sorry...here you go :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/737888/veni-vidi-vici-v-modas-new-iems-zn-formerly-alto-forza-crowdsourcing-reviews-discussions-thread/220_20#post_11807748

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #902 of 972
  Are the XS with or without the case pocketable? (Talking gym shorts here.)

Attached are pictures of the collapsed XS with Koss Porta Pros (using KSC75 drivers) and a size 10 Chuck Taylor sneaker. Also attached are the XS going into my shorts pocket (not gym shorts, but cargo pants), and two pictures of the XS completely inside the pocket. It works, but its a little bulky and I'm always aware they are in the pocket.

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #903 of 972
  Attached are pictures of the collapsed XS with Koss Porta Pros (using KSC75 drivers) and a size 10 Chuck Taylor sneaker. Also attached are the XS going into my shorts pocket (not gym shorts, but cargo pants), and two pictures of the XS completely inside the pocket. It works, but its a little bulky and I'm always aware they are in the pocket.

Not that I've tried yet, but now that you mention it I believe my M-100 could probably fit into cargo pants as well! Although it'd be great to have a pair that can fit in any pocket.

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #904 of 972
Hi,
I have bought the v-moda xs yesterday and will receive it on tuesday.
I now have an iphone but AM considering getting a second device so that i can spare the battery.
I wonder if anyone has tested the xs with iphone 6 vs:
sandisk clip sport, ipod nano, ibasso dx90 
and if so what the comparative results were?
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #905 of 972
I use XS with DX90, with the current 2.3 bass shy firmware and it's a great pair, it makes up for the slightly overemphasised bass in the XS. Also worked well with Studio V

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #906 of 972
  Hi,
I have bought the v-moda xs yesterday and will receive it on tuesday.
I now have an iphone but AM considering getting a second device so that i can spare the battery.
I wonder if anyone has tested the xs with iphone 6 vs:
sandisk clip sport, ipod nano, ibasso dx90 
and if so what the comparative results were?
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,

XS works fine straight out of all my portable devices: Moto X 1 and 2, Ipod Classic 4,5,and 5, Sansa Clip+, Dell desktops and laptops, cheapass RCA tablets. . .etc. Sounds better with my Fiio Dac+amp - but so does every other set of cans I use.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #907 of 972
I bought the V-Moda XS this past weekend and I can say they are the best sounding headphones for my personal preference I have ever heard. Nice full bass without overwhelming the mids. Nice treble but not too hot. Just perfect. For me it's one of those headphones that actually makes you want to just sit for hours listening to all different kinds of music because the sound is so addicting.   
That said, for a headphone as small as it is, I'm surprised it actually feels a little loose. like I wish I could click it 1 more notch smaller. Granted I have a smaller sized head but even on my ATH-M50's at the smallest setting it is quite snug.
I am started to get used to it, they don't fall off, and will be used mostly for relaxing home use-nothing active. They just sound so good to me it's worth it to me just to see if I can get used to a looser feeling headphone.     

I've been looking at the M-100 as I did try it on once and it did seem to fit a little better but I'm afraid I'll lose the awesome sound of XS- Im sure I would be getting a different sound signature.  

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #908 of 972
The M-100 definitely has a different sound signature. More sub-bass, less impactful mid-bass, slightly recessed mids, and more treble extension. It's a sound curve that echoes the V in V-MODA.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #909 of 972
The M-100 definitely has a different sound signature. More sub-bass, less impactful mid-bass, slightly recessed mids, and more treble extension. It's a sound curve that echoes the V in V-MODA.

I have both as well. Even though I love both to death, I defer back to my M-100s more than the XS. Unless I am gaming, then I go with the XS lol.  

I am thinking that I prefer the M100s is because of the type of music I listen to and compared to listening with the XS or the M100s, I tend to gravitate towards the M100s. Maybe due to personal preference? Not sure, but I still have and use both! 

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #910 of 972
New article today on XS ->  

http://www.macworld.com/article/2970230/back-to-school/three-alternatives-to-beats-solo2-headphones.html

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #911 of 972

Always nice to see V-MODA beat out Beats and even Sennheiser! Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of XS to go along with my M-100 but I think I'll wait for when I need truly portable headphones. My definition of portable is pocketable. Perhaps I'll be best off with the IEM on the horizon. I just hope they come with a great case for pocketing them. lol Let me give you some more money Val :p. Maybe at Christmas?

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #912 of 972
Always nice to see V-MODA beat out Beats and even Sennheiser! Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of XS to go along with my M-100 but I think I'll wait for when I need truly portable headphones. My definition of portable is pocketable. Perhaps I'll be best off with the IEM on the horizon. I just hope they come with a great case for pocketing them. lol Let me give you some more money Val
tongue.gif
. Maybe at Christmas?

Just recently, I picked up a pair of Sennhesier Amperiors, since then my V-Moda XS has been unused. Unfortunately, the XS were too finicky on fit and had to sit just right to sound right. This meant that just a little shift or rotation and the XS didn't sound so great. The Amperiors do not have this problem. From the get go, I've always had a problem with the XS fit, but loved the sound. The round earpieces of the Amperiors aren't so finnicky on fit.

As I've stated before, I would love to try out the XS drivers in an over-ear model - like the M100 or even the an Audio-Technica M series. I now add to that that I would like to transplant them to an on-ear headband with round earpieces. The problem is that the XS is built so well, that they don't break and I'm not going to break them on purpose.

The lack of rotation about the vertical axis is also a problem with the XS fit. I've bent the XS to fit my head - but due to the odd shaped earpieces - this is the reason why the XS can only sound great in one particular position on my head. This is very problematic when using them for live DJ purposes, where I am constantly shifting the cans and taking them on and off. While it only takes under 30 seconds to find the right position, having to do this several dozen times a night adds up to possible dead air and anxiety that is avoided when using cans that aren't so finicky.

The Amperiors and the XS are very close in terms of sound quality (but different) - but the Amperiors are clearly superior in terms of fit - although the Amperiors do not fold like the XS. When the Amperiors were more expensive than the XS, I didn't look at them at all. I pulled the trigger because the Amperiors are now being blown out for under $100. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #913 of 972
Hi. I have owned the xs for almost a year and like the sound. I would like to find a similar sound in a closed over ear can for rock music (I like the bass which might be a little elevated compared to neutral but good for old classic rock. I like the full guitar sound and vocals are good. Treble is non fatiguing. )Can anyone suggest a similar over ear closed can?
Thanks
Mike

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #914 of 972
Just recently, I picked up a pair of Sennhesier Amperiors, since then my V-Moda XS has been unused. Unfortunately, the XS were too finicky on fit and had to sit just right to sound right. This meant that just a little shift or rotation and the XS didn't sound so great. The Amperiors do not have this problem. From the get go, I've always had a problem with the XS fit, but loved the sound. The round earpieces of the Amperiors aren't so finnicky on fit.

As I've stated before, I would love to try out the XS drivers in an over-ear model - like the M100 or even the an Audio-Technica M series. I now add to that that I would like to transplant them to an on-ear headband with round earpieces. The problem is that the XS is built so well, that they don't break and I'm not going to break them on purpose.

The lack of rotation about the vertical axis is also a problem with the XS fit. I've bent the XS to fit my head - but due to the odd shaped earpieces - this is the reason why the XS can only sound great in one particular position on my head. This is very problematic when using them for live DJ purposes, where I am constantly shifting the cans and taking them on and off. While it only takes under 30 seconds to find the right position, having to do this several dozen times a night adds up to possible dead air and anxiety that is avoided when using cans that aren't so finicky.

The Amperiors and the XS are very close in terms of sound quality (but different) - but the Amperiors are clearly superior in terms of fit - although the Amperiors do not fold like the XS. When the Amperiors were more expensive than the XS, I didn't look at them at all. I pulled the trigger because the Amperiors are now being blown out for under $100. 

Just curious where did you find the Amperior under $100? Thanks.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #915 of 972
Just curious where did you find the Amperior under $100? Thanks.

Beginning of August this year, they were being blown out all over the place. If you search Slick Deals, you will find a deal from a reputable retailer for the Amperiors + a hard case for $90. At the same time, Amperiors were being blown out all over - including the big retailer that was named after a huge forest. As of now, the prices have gone up a little bit, so they are hovering just above $110. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back