V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Jan 4, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #946 of 972
Seems like the wire on the right side of my XS has come loose inside the driver housing. I'm thinking of cracking them open to solder it. Anyone done this yet or have experience cracking them open?

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #947 of 972
Update:

I contacted V-MODA about the loose wire and told them I was 9 months out of warranty. They told me to just send them in because, "We don't charge for repairs." 11 days later I receive a BRAND NEW XS and a new pair of matte green shields, which were installed on the pair I sent in.

Best customer service in the world. 6-Stars indeed.

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #948 of 972
  Update:

I contacted V-MODA about the loose wire and told them I was 9 months out of warranty. They told me to just send them in because, "We don't charge for repairs." 11 days later I receive a BRAND NEW XS and a new pair of matte green shields, which were installed on the pair I sent in.

Best customer service in the world. 6-Stars indeed.

Wow. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #949 of 972
To this day, these are still one of my favorite pairs to listen to; I wish there was a full size can that sounded like these, as I don't really care for the M100's.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #950 of 972
To this day, these are still one of my favorite pairs to listen to; I wish there was a full size can that sounded like these, as I don't really care for the M100's.

Interesting! I am the opposite. Lol but that tells me that we each have different preferences to listening so that's cool. I still love my M80s but mainly for spoken word or Netflix in.

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #951 of 972
So generally I love my my XS except for the fact that after a couple/few hours, my ears start being pinched due the design of the cups. I then have to take them off. @valkolton what was the reasoning behind not implementing a swivel on the earpiece? BTW, this was my girl's first pair of good headphones that she ever heard/owned. About blew her face off when she tried them the first time. Now she takes them everywhere with her and uses them all the time.

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #953 of 972
@Riley Beale
The XS are definitely more neutral and less colored than the M-100. The treble is softer and not as sparkly, the mids are more upfront, and the bass isn't as big or extended, although to me it sounds like there is more mid-bass slam. Overall the two complement one another nicely. While I think the M-100 sound is overall better than the XS due to the bigger soundstage and better extension at both ends of the spectrum, the XS gets way more ear time because of its superior portability, comfort when worn around the neck, and more relaxing sound signature.

In fact, I've been lugging this system around for the past week!

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #955 of 972
Do you know where I can buy a pair of replacement ear pads in Europe? I cannot find any store that has them in stock. I know vmoda sells them directly but shipping costs and import duties are too high.

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #957 of 972
I need the same in Europe
hi. I contacted several stores around europe but I could not find one that had the cushions in stock. I am from Italy. Where do you live? One of us could buy 2 pairs and ship one pair to the other using international standard mail. We should wait until January anyway. The postal services are too busy during the holidays. What do you think?

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #958 of 972
hi. I contacted several stores around europe but I could not find one that had the cushions in stock. I am from Italy. Where do you live? One of us could buy 2 pairs and ship one pair to the other using international standard mail. We should wait until January anyway. The postal services are too busy during the holidays. What do you think?

V-Moda does not let the dealers have them. They are only sold through V-Moda.

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #959 of 972
These cans can be somewhat formed to the shape of your head. The metal bar is meant to be contorted until the gap between your head and cans is minimized. There is a specific way to do this, since it take a lot of force and doing the wrong way will break them. The lack of rotation about the vertical axis still is annoying and thus, I don't use my XS too much.

My first V-Moda product -- XS in white -- is on the way now. I've been researching them for several days and think they'll work best for my unique needs. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to correctly adjust the SteelFlex band to customize the fit. Any videos or tutorials you can point me to?

Jan 18, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #960 of 972
A bit late to the party, but I bought these just today and chose the matte black version. What I don't like aesthetically about the product though is the orange cable, so I plan to purchase another cable for it. A question before I do so. Can a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable affect the sound characteristics of these headphones? Can any 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable work or can the cheaper ones degrade the overall sound quality of said product?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back