V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Mar 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #137 of 394
How does EDM sound with the XS, can somebody do a full sound review with the XS, M80 and M100 last time I tryd the M100 and I loved them but the mids did sound a bit ehh. I nevet got the chance to listen to the M80 or XS and I would like to know if the bass is enough for EDM and if somebody could do a review with this album, The Prodigy Fat Of The Land I will be extremely gratefull because I am currently leaning toward the XS

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #138 of 394
How does EDM sound with the XS, can somebody do a full sound review with the XS, M80 and M100 last time I tryd the M100 and I loved them but the mids did sound a bit ehh. I nevet got the chance to listen to the M80 or XS and I would like to know if the bass is enough for EDM and if somebody could do a review with this album, The Prodigy Fat Of The Land I will be extremely gratefull because I am currently leaning toward the XS
I have the M-80, and I personally listen to about 80% electronic and the rest is whatever, the M-80/XS will work great. The lower end is very clean. It's punchy but not the hardest kicks ever. The mids stand VERY forward, voices and high wubz will be heard, but the highs are meh. They can kinda get lost under a lot of wubz and stuff. I have Monstercat 013-016 and on 015, there's a song by Rezonate that's called Lonely. Man, that basslines was just wow. All rumbly and crap. (Sorry for the long post)

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #139 of 394
  Hey Val,

Do you have any plans on releasing a new colour scheme in the future for the XS or is it just going to stay black and white ?

At this time we do not have another "base color" scheme planned, but the more we sell the more we can make the case to release more!

We do believe these two base colors work very well for a variety of custom shields, as you can add any color shield and it will match nicely.

-V 

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #140 of 394

At this time we do not have another "base color" scheme planned, but the more we sell the more we can make the case to release more!

We do believe these two base colors work very well for a variety of custom shields, as you can add any color shield and it will match nicely.

-V 

I am thinking about this one for my GF since I got the M-100.
Any chance for smaller Audio Only cables in the future..imo 4' is about perfect...those are way too long I feel.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #141 of 394

-V 

Shame that Shadow was dropped as it was the default theme I associated with V-Moda and my personal favorite. :frowning2: No need to swap out the cool looking brushed aluminium shields either.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #142 of 394
  I am thinking about this one for my GF since I got the M-100.
Any chance for smaller Audio Only cables in the future..imo 4' is about perfect...those are way too long I feel.

Having a 4' or 1.25 meter Audio Only Cable would be perfect. +1 here. I use these things not only with my M-100, but with my Focal Spirit Professional, NAD Viso HP50, and even my Paradox. I stand 6'1" and the current ones are just a *bit* too long for comfortable portable use. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #143 of 394

Shame that Shadow was dropped as it was the default theme I associated with V-Moda and my personal favorite. :frowning2: No need to swap out the cool looking brushed aluminium shields either.

Yes, shadow is an amazing color scheme... I'll never forget the story behind how we came up with the idea... my friend at Apple and Deadmau5' manager actually thought of it!  Deadmau5 manager said "I know this sounds stupid, but what about mouse hair".. I said, "that's not stupid, ALCANTERA suede!!!"

-V   

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #144 of 394
  Having a 4' or 1.25 meter Audio Only Cable would be perfect. +1 here.

This. Have been crossing my fingers for some time that we'd eventually see an audio-only cable that's reasonably sized for portable use. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #147 of 394
Argh, you're all torturing me. I can't wait to get my hands on these.

...Torturing you like how you tortured your M100's. :wink:

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #148 of 394
...Torturing you like how you tortured your M100's.
wink.gif

Alright, you deserve a thumbs up for that one. Put a smile on my face 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #150 of 394
Just saw that review im about to seriously cry they sound so damn good, but I have to save up some cash for them. What headphone amp would you recomend that is in the $50-$120 range to use with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back