V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Mar 10, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #1,022 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by thesupreme1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would T1 be sufficent for the V-Moda Dj headphones(Obviously towards Val and if you can't say thats ok I'll still get them when I can)

thesupreme1 - nice, now be careful this time not to throw the phones in the snow and wrestle with em
smily_headphones1.gif
. I had some scary moments at the gym and jogging this week with bad slams, snags and a 25lb weight even falling on one of the housings but luckily my iPod and Vibes made out like a trooper.

As far as the AMP goes for our DJ Headphones, I'll have to test more. In honesty we've been working really hard on something different the last few weeks, and I am going on vacation tomorrow morning for 10 days - I'm going to take my first break in 2.5 years and totally disconnect a bit! So I apologize if I dont answer PMs/emails/questions for a while.

Malos - I totally forgot to pack my Tomahawk amp and test with the vibes, I do apologize. I'll later reveal what we've been working on so diligently lately... I think you'll like what the chef is cookin up
very_evil_smiley.gif

To those who asked about the house music recommendations earlier in this thread, I didn't forget. I just want to make a PERFECT tracklisting that shines thoroughly so you can listen to the songs I actually rocked to while finalizing the sound curves of samples. Trust me, it'll rock and I'll try to legally license the music too so you can download it free on the house if you registered your Vibe VIP Card.

After all the headphone is just a means to the end - finding your perfect harmony of sound, style, and music is the holy grail.

respekt and rock on,

-val

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #1,024 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although is this L/R all for nothing, I guess no songs really say "coming on your left", "coming on your right" - I think its a placebo more than anything. I think a beastie boys song says something about "stereo" and left/right but thats all I can think of
very_evil_smiley.gif
. But I always love to hear music the way it was intended in the recording nonetheless.

edit - L/R is necessary of course for movies and games

Can't believe that the manufacturer of earphones thinks that L & R don't matter?

Jeeeez........
blink.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #1,025 of 1,475
It's not that hard to tell left from right, if you straighten out the cord and feel for the v-moda on the cord where they meet, face that forward and left is left, right is right...

Mar 10, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #1,026 of 1,475
Not if you got a pair which has the v-moda logo facing inwards....
rolleyes.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #1,027 of 1,475
I have a pair of Sony headphones that has a raised dot on the left phone so one can tell left from right. Other ideas could be a stripe around one of the buds or to color the end of one of the buds. Anything would be a significant improvement from the small white lettering L & R on my Chrome Vibes. About my only complaint with them!

Mar 10, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #1,028 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thesupreme1 - nice, now be careful this time not to throw the phones in the snow and wrestle with em
smily_headphones1.gif
. I had some scary moments at the gym and jogging this week with bad slams, snags and a 25lb weight even falling on one of the housings but luckily my iPod and Vibes made out like a trooper.

As far as the AMP goes for our DJ Headphones, I'll have to test more. In honesty we've been working really hard on something different the last few weeks, and I am going on vacation tomorrow morning for 10 days - I'm going to take my first break in 2.5 years and totally disconnect a bit! So I apologize if I dont answer PMs/emails/questions for a while.

Yup I'm hella careful now. I only wear the vibe cord inside my shirt now so that nobody can yank em and run or that if I'm passing a table that won't get caught with the cord and get ranked out of my ears and hit the table really hard. I made my own small mod to them. Put duct tape on the connection instead of heatshrink. Keeps the cord nice and straight and appears to reduce most of the stress they usually have. Not as nice looking but a ghetto solution worked.

Duct tape won't cause anything bad right? It won't turn out to be some sort of static magnet and charge up and when I touch it it kills both my ZVM and Vibes right..???

I refuse to use my Vibes in any dangerous situation. Big 45s falling off and killing my precious...
All I need is an amp now. I want to see if amps really can do what I consider impossible and make my Vibes sound better.

I'm all antsy over whatever your working on...lol. Hope you enjoy your vacation too. You need one after 2.5 years =)

Yup it's official I'm a V-Moda fanboy...
Don't do a Sony and try to BS us all since I'll end up believing dang near anything you say..

Mar 10, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #1,029 of 1,475
C'mon. What's the Chef cookin' up? I'd go for an additional pair of vibes......as long as they have the Flashblack/RedRoxx cable........maybe Navy.

Mar 12, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #1,030 of 1,475
dang it this thread is long. i read most of it, but i cant come to a conclusion. someone help me please:

V-Moda VIBE OR
Altec Lansing IM716

I usually dont run an amp, but I have a mini one. If only the Vibe's were better for the plane, they would be absolutely perrrfect.

Mar 12, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #1,031 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttyprof /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang it this thread is long. i read most of it, but i cant come to a conclusion. someone help me please:

V-Moda VIBE OR
Altec Lansing IM716

I usually dont run an amp, but I have a mini one. If only the Vibe's were better for the plane, they would be absolutely perrrfect.

Music preference? What kind of sound you like?

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #1,032 of 1,475
Quote:

V-Moda VIBE OR
Altec Lansing IM716

Vibe: Good bass, airy, fun to listen to mids and treble, minimal microphonics for this kind of IEM, somewhat better soundstage than other IEMs in this class, no isolation.

IM716: Less bass, clear, analytic Etymotics-style sound, not much soundstage, very good isolation.

Mar 12, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #1,033 of 1,475
hmm, i listen to almost all kinds of music. lots of rock, old school rap, jazz, classical, vocals.

Ive had the er6 and er4p before, and i loved them both. i couldnt sleep with the er4p's though cause you could hear so much. kept me up all night picking out the different instruments.

Mar 12, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #1,034 of 1,475
Quote:

hmm, i listen to almost all kinds of music. lots of rock, old school rap, jazz, classical, vocals.

Ive had the er6 and er4p before, and i loved them both. i couldnt sleep with the er4p's though cause you could hear so much. kept me up all night picking out the different instruments.

hahahahahaa, nice one xD

im716 is quite similar to er4s. Not quite as good, but not quite as expensive either. I can't even imagine sleeping with phones on, the rare times I use em for that is to lul me to sleep and then turn sound off before my brain shuts down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back