V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Mar 16, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #1,051 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the opposite feelings than OHPC that I think my pair with biggest tips is rather loose. They wont fall if I turn my head, but quite easily anyhow. I had a pair of Shure E2gs and I used M-sized tips. I wish these Vibe's tips are a bit thicker and sturdier, so that they would fit more tightly. Well, it is a compromise because we all have different ear canals...

Did you insert it all the way inside your ear canal? Actually, this is the first earphone I have used that goes deep inside my ear canal, so this is the reason I am saying it won't fall off. I almost feel it is touching my brain, if you know what I mean.
biggrin.gif
If I just let it rest inside my ear without deep insertion, it is a different story, of course. I found that most of my use won't be with they inserted deep my ear canal, since I will be using my pair at home/work and I will have no use for them to be tightly inserted. I might even try using the medium tips for this purpose. They felt uncomfortable the first time I tried, but I will try again and see how they fit. For my ears, big tips are out of question, they hurt.

BTW: are we supposed to use the Vibes really deep inside the canal, or just inserted a little? How are you using them? I am curious. I have seen some pics, some people insert them all the way, others let they almost hanging out of the ear canal.

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #1,053 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by OHPC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW: are we supposed to use the Vibes really deep inside the canal, or just inserted a little? How are you using them? I am curious. I have seen some pics, some people insert them all the way, others let they almost hanging out of the ear canal.

It depends.

I think this is one of the advantage of the Vibes for me: the way they fit in my ear, I can choose to insert them further for more isolation, of wear them loosely when I need to be aware of outside sounds.

No other iems I tried allow me this flexibility: it like they only have one physical setting that works well with my ear.

Sometimes I'll wear them tighter or looser throughout different parts of the day just to get a different sound experience out of them. Important to note though: when you insert them deeper, turn down the volume first.

I was hesitant to insert them deep at first: my ears were virgin. But as I started to push them a bit deeper, the SQ got better and better. Its kind of addictive. After you go deep and feel that isolated sound, you want it again.

But walking around town I can't always have that -- thats when I wear them loose.

In fact, when I'm crossing streets in this busy city, I'll take one out and just hold it in my hand til I get across the street, then insert it slightly.

Again, thats a beauty of the Vibes for me: perhaps they aren't the very best in SQ, but they are built strong, easy to take out and insert as I walk around all day, etc.

Perhaps I'll get a more expensive iem for home use, but Vibes are great because of this versatility of wearing them loose or deep.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #1,054 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by OHPC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I pushed them as in as I can get them go. I have pretty large ear canals, so some times I use the biggest tips with Shures.

Just came from the first real test, 6km run with them. They are really good for the job. Only minus is that the cable is microphonic, and it could need a extra "strainer", like iBuds, shures and many others, so that I can make the cable go tightly down my jaws. I think, I will DIY it with a bit of heatshrink and try it out.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #1,055 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only minus is that the cable is microphonic, and it could need a extra "strainer", like iBuds, shures and many others, so that I can make the cable go tightly down my jaws. I think, I will DIY it with a bit of heatshrink and try it out.

You might want to try using a zip-tie as the cincher. I know another Vibe user here did that to good effect.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #1,056 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by karma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to try using a zip-tie as the cincher. I know another Vibe user here did that to good effect.

Whats a zip-tie?

Also, could people please list their favorite tips to use with vibes? I've seen superfis, sony's, and the double-flanged tips mentioned here -- I was wondering if there are more I should be looking at? thanks

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #1,057 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by music065 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats a zip-tie?

Also, could people please list their favorite tips to use with vibes? I've seen superfis, sony's, and the double-flanged tips mentioned here -- I was wondering if there are more I should be looking at? thanks

http://www.norcotek.com/product_imag.../cabletieb.jpg
smily_headphones1.gif

I used a pair of super.fi tips when I had the Vibe. You can also use Sennheiser CX300 tips on them.

Mar 16, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #1,059 of 1,475
hey i got a quick question. Is it normal that the one side of the earbuds has less sound coming out of it than the other? I find that the right earbud has less volume output than the left hand side ( at same volumes). It just happend today and i'm not sure if it's defective.

Mar 16, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #1,060 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey i got a quick question. Is it normal that the one side of the earbuds has less sound coming out of it than the other? I find that the right earbud has less volume output than the left hand side ( at same volumes). It just happend today and i'm not sure if it's defective.

Probably. If u can be sure it's the earbuds and not the source, send them back to V-Moda for a repair.

Mar 16, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #1,062 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boys do these look ugly. But if you want dramatically improved clarity and upper-mids, you will want some of these!!

Thank god theres a 56k warning.
biggrin.gif

foam640x480.jpg

Which model foamies are these?

Where is the best place to order foamies for the Vibes? I heard Shure & Superfi foamies will fit on the Vibes?

Mar 16, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #1,063 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by music065 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which model foamies are these?

Where is the best place to order foamies for the Vibes? I heard Shure & Superfi foamies will fit on the Vibes?

Those are Super.fi foamies.

Mar 16, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #1,065 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It could just be your ears, or the way the tips fit inside your ear... you might need to try different sizes in your right ear if it sounds quieter than the left. Maybe you could lend it to a friend or someone and ask them if sounds like one side is louder than the other?

V-Moda seems to have a very good quality control system, so it seems more likely to be a fitting problem rather than a driver problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back