V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
May 2, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #1,171 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and how flexible did that end up being around the cord once it was fully shrunken?

There is little flexibility when shrunk. However, the 1/4" or so length that is around the cord itself actually is loose - it does not actually grip the cord, so there is some room for play in the cord. Also, the edge of the tubing is not sharp like the metal plug so it doesn't cut into the cord.

May 8, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #1,172 of 1,475
just a quick update (i've been drowned by developing our new product lines)...

1) new vibes have a BLACK leather pouch, I love gold, but hey ya'll asked and we delivered!
2) all current Red Roxx and some Flashblacks have new strain relief plug as people requested. Gunmetals are coming ~May 21st.

we now sell A LOT of units as one of the top selling headphones, as a PURE NUMBERS GAME (like stock earbuds) we will have BOTH more overall positive and negative experiences as people use their products many months. Like a newspaper not reporting it was a beautiful day, the "working as advertised" for the many thousand+ Vibe users just isnt "newsworthy". We've determined a high percentage of any problems are indeed from unexpected use/abuse. At the office, we have used many Vibes, and havent ever been able to break a single one, but that doesnt mean these, like any headphone, arent small microelectronics.

3) new products are launching ~June 1st, any guesses?!!! this is why I've been so secluded and secretive
smily_headphones1.gif

hope ya'll are well in the community, I hope to get back in touch soon... but until then- play hard, rock harder...

PS - if I cannot answer PMs its because of our growth, please communicate with our team at v-moda.com, thanks!

-val

May 8, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #1,173 of 1,475
How do i go about gettig a replacement for my Red Roxx?
I think mine's defective...
The sound is very claustrophobic and the placement of the sound is all wrong!
Sounds really weird

May 8, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #1,174 of 1,475
Man, I hope my replacement flashback chromes have that strain relief...I guess I'll know in a few days.

Val, thanks for hearing the community and making adjustments. I understand the difficulty of deviating from one's ideal design, but making these kinds of provisions for your consumer base will only boost user confidence in your products and support.

Fizban, go here to read the instructions, then enter your warranty claim on this page.

May 8, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #1,175 of 1,475
So this morning i snapped wire off the end of the connector of my Gunmetal Vibes. Obviously (and they have confirmed it) this is not covered in the warranty. Is there a way to open the connector and feed it new wire? I tried just using my hands to unscrew it or pull it and i'm hesitant to try pliers.

i noticed people have ballpoint springs on the end, and i'm sure if i had that it would've helped reduce strain on the wire. How did you guys get the spring on?

oh yea any ideas on how to fix this?

May 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #1,176 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by azrael201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh yea any ideas on how to fix this?

Solder a high quality 3.5mm plug with strain-relief on the cable. Neutrik and Switchcraft are decent brands.

Look at this thread about soldering a Neutrik strain-relief plug to the Vibes: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=10548

May 8, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #1,177 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a quick update (i've been drowned by developing our new product lines)...

1) new vibes have a BLACK leather pouch, I love gold, but hey ya'll asked and we delivered!
2) all current Red Roxx and some Flashblacks have new strain relief plug as people requested. Gunmetals are coming ~May 21st.

we now sell A LOT of units as one of the top selling headphones, as a PURE NUMBERS GAME (like stock earbuds) we will have BOTH more overall positive and negative experiences as people use their products many months. Like a newspaper not reporting it was a beautiful day, the "working as advertised" for the many thousand+ Vibe users just isnt "newsworthy". We've determined a high percentage of any problems are indeed from unexpected use/abuse. At the office, we have used many Vibes, and havent ever been able to break a single one, but that doesnt mean these, like any headphone, arent small microelectronics.

3) new products are launching ~June 1st, any guesses?!!! this is why I've been so secluded and secretive
smily_headphones1.gif

hope ya'll are well in the community, I hope to get back in touch soon... but until then- play hard, rock harder...

PS - if I cannot answer PMs its because of our growth, please communicate with our team at v-moda.com, thanks!

-val

dual driver IEM's??

May 8, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #1,178 of 1,475
I would assume the single driver IEMs that they have been working on (I assume they are single driver, I haven't heard otherwise). Some people don't consider the Vibes a true IEM since it isn't armature, so these will be V-Moda's first IEM. That and/or the DJ headphones. I've been looking forward to both, but especially the IEM since I could very well sell my iM716s and buy a pair to replace them. You can expect a full review and comparison with my still beloved Vibes and the iM716s when I get to try them.

May 8, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #1,179 of 1,475
1. As above, dual driver monitors
2. Bluetooth monitors (its been done but they are ugly and look like they would fall out of your ear)
3. Mood Vibes

May 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #1,180 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Solder a high quality 3.5mm plug with strain-relief on the cable. Neutrik and Switchcraft are decent brands.

Look at this thread about soldering a Neutrik strain-relief plug to the Vibes: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=10548

wow thanks so much i'm glad i'm not the only one that had this problem...i'm surprised if V-moda is so receptive of their customers why they have not fixed this issue.

In addition, when i contacted their customer support i was impressed that they were willing to offer a 30% discount on my next Vibes; HOWEVER, i had to purchase it from v-moda directly. It took more than one email to find out why they needed my credit card and shipping address information in order to give me a discount. anyways, Vibes are available from some stores for about $70 and with Google Checkout it's even cheaper.

Sorry for the short tirade, thanks again dfkt!

oh yea, for the people who did the ballpoint pen spring mod did they have to cut off the connector and resolder it on?

May 9, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #1,181 of 1,475
No, why would you want to cut the wire? Slip the wire between the coil and then just work the wire around until it is inside the spring. I don't know how to explain it very well but look at the spring and wire, it will come to you, I hope.

May 9, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #1,183 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by azrael201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah duh of course...how do i open the connector plug so i can try re-soldering the wires? do i just get pliers and try to separate it?

You're much better off buying a new plug and soldering the wires to that (as the anythingbutipod.com user did in the thread mentioned by dfkt). I'm seriously doubtful you'd be able to reuse the stock v-moda plug -- and also unsure why you would want to anyway, given its flawed design.

May 9, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #1,184 of 1,475
Yes, you can't reuse the original plug - the wires inside are cast in some hard resin. It's a one-time-only design.

The aluminum housing of my plug came off and I saw the innards, that's why I know...
wink.gif
But a drop of super-glue fixed that.

Neutrik, Switchcraft, or Canare plugs should be a lot safer, anyway.

May 9, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #1,185 of 1,475
by all means - dump the orig. plug and put on a nice Neutrik or switchcraft.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back