V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Mar 30, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #1,141 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha, souperman must be doing a race for post count.
biggrin.gif

lol...i'm trying to get to 1000+ so people would listen to me more according to you
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #1,142 of 1,475
I've had my vibez for about 1 month now. The sound was great straight out of the box. I truly agree that it was much better after burning in.I used it with my 2nd gen ipod nano. The big difference that I felt were instrumental details were heard clearly compared to the original nano cans.

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=480027

check that out Crossroads Acoustics / Crossroads Mylarone . Very similar in packaging, pouch and accessories with vibez. I wonder what Val have to say about this.

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #1,143 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by vaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had my vibez for about 1 month now. The sound was great straight out of the box. I truly agree that it was much better after burning in.I used it with my 2nd gen ipod nano. The big difference that I felt were instrumental details were heard clearly compared to the original nano cans.

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=480027

check that out Crossroads Acoustics / Crossroads Mylarone . Very similar in packaging, pouch and accessories with vibez. I wonder what Val have to say about this.

umm...those are the crossroads mylarone. that has nothing to do with the vibes. val would have nothing to say about it except that they are another companies' headphones. they are a better version of OVC t20. the ovc t25's were the problems that vmoda had. plus it doesn't even look close to what the vibes look like (crossroads mylarone).

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #1,144 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm...those are the crossroads mylarone. that has nothing to do with the vibes. val would have nothing to say about it except that they are another companies' headphones. they are a better version of OVC t20. the ovc t25's were the problems that vmoda had. plus it doesn't even look close to what the vibes look like (crossroads mylarone).

Dont you think the cans packaging is somewhat similar? pouch as well. Although it's far from vibez , i get the feeling they are trying to be vibez in someway or another. lol

OVC t25 is definitely a vibez rip off, rofl

Mar 30, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #1,145 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by earache /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sold a pair of vibes and thought I would chime in for my 2cents! For what they cost I think the vibes are a good value. Who buys $100 canal phones? I would guess mostly ipod nation first timers upgrading from the stock buds. I would bet you that if you took a non head-fier who has a set of stock buds, ask them to try say Vibes vs. ER-6's, E2's, etc. that they would take the vibes a majority of the time. Detail freaks are not born imho, they develop as they stick around in this hobby! They may not be the last word in detail, but they are musical, they do have bottom end, and they are a huge upgrade from stock. They get you a lot of the way to IEM without forcing you to stick things way down the ear canal. I liked them. Bought them when the hype peaked in January. I would still recommend them to someone asking for advice for first time purchases.

This is exactly why I bought these....I wanted to upgrade because I was not happy with the stock ipod buds in comfort and fit...
Sound wise? The stock buds sound fine to me, but hell if I was gonna stand there pressing on the buds 24/7 to get a good seal and hold them in place...

The vibes will be my first IEM....because of this; I opted for canal phone that didn’t totally invade the canal. To me, that just looks completely uncomfortable. Also, I do not want total isolation..that, to me, totally freaks me out.

For my application these won hands down. I will have to wait and see (or hear, rather) if the sound quality is up to my standards, I'm sure after reading this thread and comparing them to stock ipod buds, I will not be disappointed. I am also looking forward to the rare "WOW" factor….

Mar 30, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #1,146 of 1,475
I came back from China using the T25, which seal the same as the Vibes and sound close to them. On the plane they worked fine and frankly, on a plane or anywhere else I like to know what is going on around me, which is one reason I do not use the UM2's very much.

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #1,147 of 1,475
I got a question. Is it normal for me to need to turn up the volume to 15 when I wake up, BUT when I got to bed it being on 6 sounds too loud?

And is it normal for bass on the Vibes change? Bout a week ago my Vibes were having less bass then stock buds. Didn't use em so much that week as I was busy, but when I put them back on they came back to normal with about 1 hour burn in.

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #1,148 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by thesupreme1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a question. Is it normal for me to need to turn up the volume to 15 when I wake up, BUT when I got to bed it being on 6 sounds too loud?

And is it normal for bass on the Vibes change? Bout a week ago my Vibes were having less bass then stock buds. Didn't use em so much that week as I was busy, but when I put them back on they came back to normal with about 1 hour burn in.

You, Sir, have some weird ears. I know the desire to change volume bit both ways at different times is typical, but damn, 9 ticks? (when you wake up your ears are still adjusting, when its late your ears are tired and not too fond of loud sounds). The bass thing is more like you just got proper fit now as opposed to originally.

Mar 31, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #1,149 of 1,475
Okay.....I got my vibes....this is gonna be a sucky review to a bunch of audio slaves...pardon the pun...but here goes:

The only reason I came here was for someone to help me pick out my first pair of IEM's...I didn't care if they were right or wrong in their choice. I knew absolutely nothing about them...I just wanted someone to make the choice for me as I had no clue...

So...I read Ply's review...I read EVERY post in this thread....

It looked like 1000 pro's vs maybe 20 con's ...no...I didn't do the math....and yes, I know there is at least 2 different "manufacturing versions" of these canal phones...and yes...I AM ONLY COMPARING THESE TO THE STOCK IPOD BUDS

So I bought them....2 pairs....the gunmetals for me, the mocha's for the wife.

They came, I plugged, and I played...

There was some adjusting...I read where people were disappointed because they thought they sounded to "tinney" or "overpowering" on bass...

My initial thought was when I first plugged...."Way too tinney..." but I knew from all the post in this thread that position and fit were essential...so I changed the small fittings to medium....WHOA. TOO MUCH BASS! What??

I realized that I have tard ears! The right took a small the left a medium and BAM....I was FLOORED!!! F L O O R E D!!!!

I don't know how to describe it....it sounded like maybe kicking an angel in the nuts...the lows, the mids, the highs...the crispness..like snapping a nice asparagus, the crunch of tearing a head of fresh lettuce in half, the sizzle of searing that perfect piece of meat when it hits that red hot wok (yeah...I'm a foodie and a chef)..AMAZING!

People that have a problem with too much treble or too much bass NEED to try mixing up the fittings.

Here's a pic of my rig....
rigld4.jpg

Also..as many stated..I was not happy with the plug...I prefer a 90 degree to straight..and as mentioned by others, too difficult to remove because its so smooth....

Val should put that "diamond cut" knurled effect around the middle of the plug for grip, perhaps in a different color for the bling..... I did the Warrior05 mod with heat shrink, which worked fine, but even with 1/4" of the heatshrink on the wire it still did not support the wire. So I modded Warriors mod with a spring from a ball point pen...it works absolutely perfect and looks pretty good
too...
modmx3.jpg

the wife wants hers done too.....but she want a "gold" spring instead....

Well LA DE DA!

Oh....and I just bought 3 more pairs for my daughters....take that vibe haters.

I listen to these on my 30g Ipod 5.5 video with the EQ on Acoustic....it really enhances the sound....

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #1,150 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by PooDeFuego /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how to describe it....it sounded like maybe kicking an angel in the nuts...the lows, the mids, the highs...the crispness..like snapping a nice asparagus, the crunch of tearing a head of fresh lettuce in half, the sizzle of searing that perfect piece of meat when it hits that red hot wok

Best review ever!

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #1,151 of 1,475
Quote:

...the crispness..like snapping a nice asparagus, the crunch of tearing a head of fresh lettuce in half, the sizzle of searing that perfect piece of meat when it hits that red hot wok (yeah...I'm a foodie and a chef)..AMAZING!

It sounds like the opening scene of Iron Chef.

icon10.gif
LOL.

Mar 31, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #1,152 of 1,475
...and I forgot to say, this whole "sound" I experienced felt like it was being played from outside my head, like in an enclosed arena or something, not jammed in the ears like a sound injection...

oh..ha....and sorry..the pics were taken on my cutting board.....

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #1,153 of 1,475
Quote:

...and I forgot to say, this whole "sound" I experienced felt like it was being played from outside my head, like in an enclosed arena or something, not jammed in the ears like a sound injection...

Stay tuned, Iron Chef Turned Head-Fi'er will be right back.

biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #1,154 of 1,475
LOL kicking an angel in the nuts! HAHAHAHA!

That was too funny.

I think I'm going to buy a pair before I leave for China to study abroad this summer.

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #1,155 of 1,475
Quote:

Lol, Your review had me cracking up. Very unique perspective. And that looks like a nice cutting board. Wood ftw...

Oh, how does the wife like them???

Ply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back