V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
May 24, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #1,202 of 1,475
If I've got it figured right, there are three phases of Vibes.

phase 1) everybody seemed to like the sound
phase 2) some (many?) complaints about sound
phase 1&2) complaints about cords & plugs

So now phase 3) is available. Witness the new strain relief on the plug (yes - pictures would be appreciated). Can anybody comment yet on sound differences?

Thanks, Steve

May 29, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #1,203 of 1,475
Just got mine a couple of days ago. Im just wondering any of you guys got the newer ones with strain relief? Care to post some pics.

And btw, how do i know if mine is 1st or 2nd gen?

Thanks guys! I love it here.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #1,204 of 1,475
So I got a pair back in late February when these were all the rage -- a bit heavy on the bass but they've opened up nicely over time. I liked them enough to buy a pair for my girlfriend last week; however, when she received them, she said that the right earbud was DOA. She contacted V-moda support but no response yet. I took my own pair out of the pouch Saturday morning and the right earbud has now also gone dead. Contacted V-moda but nothing yet either.

Anybody else have this problem? I'm 2 for 2... And about how long does it take to hear from support?
frown.gif

May 30, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #1,205 of 1,475
Hi all,

I'm new here and ben watching this thread for a long time....
Eventually I couldn't resist and ordered a pair of Gunmetal vibes.

I notice most people here are using iPods and iAUDIOS for portable use...
But nobody with a Walkman.... Well, I use a Walkman since I like it's sound best.. But reading this got me wondering how they will sound in combination with my Walkman (NW-A805). Should I get out and buy an iPod for my Vibes or try to stick with my Walkman?

And I have to say this, But damn I really admire that the CEO of the company this thread is about actually joins the thread. This is absolutely stunning and really like this! Good work Val!! V-moda really listens to their costumers! I really love it!

greetz!

May 30, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #1,206 of 1,475
Behold! I just obtained a fresh pair of 2nd gen Vibes and here's what they look like.

The new "strain relief" plug:

The new black pouch!

A front view:

Side view of new plug with rest of body:

Another side view:

UPDATE: I've decided to sell them. Look for my post in the buy/sell/trade section!

May 30, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #1,208 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike095 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I got a pair back in late February when these were all the rage -- a bit heavy on the bass but they've opened up nicely over time. I liked them enough to buy a pair for my girlfriend last week; however, when she received them, she said that the right earbud was DOA. She contacted V-moda support but no response yet. I took my own pair out of the pouch Saturday morning and the right earbud has now also gone dead. Contacted V-moda but nothing yet either.

Anybody else have this problem? I'm 2 for 2... And about how long does it take to hear from support?
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that Spike. Are you sure its the cans and not the output of the player?

Anyway, V-moda customer service is very good, maybe give them a call or something...

Ply

May 31, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #1,209 of 1,475
well

aftr a long wait my vibes came in today....
I was a bit scetical 'cause I read some reviewes saying that there was NO isolation, NO bass.... sharp sound.

But when I put them in, right out of the box.... I was truly amazed by the sound of these things... just awsome... I couldn't have wished for a better result.

Val; I really LOVE these things. Very very very very niice!!!

And as is mentionedit in my previous post: My NW-A805 and Vibes are a dreamteam!!

greetz

May 31, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #1,210 of 1,475
It's good to see the strain relief in place and the new black pouch. I kind of killed my iM716's right driver for the time being, so while I'm working on it, I've been using these again.

@Spike: I haven't heard of just one side failing on these before, but V-Moda's customer service is usually very good, they'll get back to you.

I finally saw these on sale at a mall a couple of days ago, along with a few colors of the Bass Freq and one color of the Remix M. It was kind of weird to see these costing as much as they do next to the normal cheap Sonys and Skull Candies, but the Red Roxx looked a lot better than I thought they would. Plus the new releases from V-Moda are supposed to be tomorrow, hopefully they'll be too expensive for me, because I don't need to spend any more money right now.

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #1,211 of 1,475
So I was walking home from school and noticed that parts of the song playing on my ipod would come in and out. I got home and found that my cable has ripped, revealing the wires. I love these things to death, but shelling out the cash for another pair would make my wallet cry. Is there any way to fix it? I've heard people mentioning soldering it onto another plug. Any guides on how?

Jun 5, 2007 at 9:52 AM Post #1,214 of 1,475
And we have new Vibes!

vibe_duo_nero.png

coming soon : midnight blues color

Users who are viewing this thread

Back