V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Jun 5, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #1,216 of 1,475
More pics ;

vibe_duo_nero_1025_tif.jpg

vibe_duo_chrome_1025_tif.jpg

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #1,218 of 1,475
What is the microphone for? Did they do anything with the sound? The cloth cables are a nice addition, something I have asked about for a long time.

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #1,220 of 1,475
I wonder if there's an adapter for the HTC Touch (ExtUSB)...

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #1,225 of 1,475
Ho guys i need help!

My beloved 1st generation Gunmetal Vibes are in trouble!

Just yesterday when i put it on, the left ear channel has no sound!
And i tried to push the cable inwards towards the plug and the sound came back, only to disappear the moment i lift my fingers.

This pair is my favourite cos it's the 1st gen Vibes OH PLS SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #1,226 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ho guys i need help!

My beloved 1st generation Gunmetal Vibes are in trouble!

Just yesterday when i put it on, the left ear channel has no sound!
And i tried to push the cable inwards towards the plug and the sound came back, only to disappear the moment i lift my fingers.

This pair is my favourite cos it's the 1st gen Vibes OH PLS SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!

This is either a cable problem or driver obstruction. Try using an aerosol duster and blow at the ports.

If you see some wear on the cable, you need your warranty+receipt. They unfortunately don't do repairs even for a fee.

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #1,227 of 1,475
No i meant when i pushed the cable in at the OTHER end...the end with the golden plug that goes into my player...

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #1,228 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No i meant when i pushed the cable in at the OTHER end...the end with the golden plug that goes into my player...

It looks like reterminating the cable with a new plug is your primary option, unless you can somehow tape up the current plug/cable to apply just the right pressure to keep the sound coming through...which I expect would be neither pretty nor lasting.

The third option, I suppose, is to scout out the For Sale forum for 1st gen vibes...I have a new-in-box set of Flashback Chromes for sale there that might be 1st gen (Val's discussion of the evolving production process seemed to indicate that Flashback Chromes, at least up to the point of getting a strain relief, were spared the changes that other vibes underwent), but of course I can't be sure without opening them up.

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #1,230 of 1,475
duo_accessories_1025_tif.jpg

vibe_duo_nero_1025_tif.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back