V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Dec 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,126 of 1,343
This is the case I purchased and love it!  It is so easy to remove my phone and place in a rubberized slider case for lighter travel.  The machined aluminum fits perfectly and securely.  For my needs, I definitely prefer this case to the Metallo and it was worth the extra $25 shipping from Japan.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #1,129 of 1,343
I guess my question is: is there another phone/DAC combination that works automatically like verza? I'd there something I can do with software or phone choice to make my USB DACs work on android?

What does "automatically" mean? If you're  talking about switching between iOS and Android/ USB-DAC, well it's not automatically switching. iOS/iDevice plugs into the Type A USB female socket whilst USB-DAC or Android phones would plug into the microUSB socket in the VERZA.

So far, not certain what it takes to get the VERZA working with other Android phones. They don't have the resources to try all the different brands & models.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #1,130 of 1,343
No, like, does it work in some way unique to their implementation? I can plug my USB ibasso d5 hj to my HTC one s and it will play music through USB audio recorder pro, but not through just normal player. Is verza different

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #1,131 of 1,343
No, like, does it work in some way unique to their implementation? I can plug my USB ibasso d5 hj to my HTC one s and it will play music through USB audio recorder pro, but not through just normal player. Is verza different

Ah...ok, dunno. Good question. My Galaxy J worked the way Galaxy S3 did so I never needed USB audio recorder pro. I also used a standard cable that came with the VERZA which I believe is not OTG.

Maybe others who have the VERZA here can comment on trying USB Audio Recorder Pro.

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #1,134 of 1,343
  anybody know if the vamp verza will be compatable with the news galaxy phones s5 or iphones coming out this spring 14. I cant use it with my s4. I hope it's not gonna stay a $600 paper weight.

Doubtful as Samsung keeps changing the spec on the connection.

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,135 of 1,343
  Doubtful as Samsung keeps changing the spec on the connection.

Funnily I have the Galaxy J (SC-02F) which if I'm not mistaken is the precursor to the S5? The Galaxy J works fine with the Verza.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #1,137 of 1,343
Maybe I wont have a $600 paper weight soon. I can only hope the s5 will be the same. I wonder if the verza will have a metallo case for the new iphone or s5 that comes out this spring
Don't forget that the Verza also works with a PC. I know it's not your primary operative model but it doesn't have to be a $600 paperweight either :wink:.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #1,138 of 1,343
Don't forget that the Verza also works with a PC. I know it's not your primary operative model but it doesn't have to be a $600 paperweight either :wink:.

That's true!  I use it more as a desktop amp/dac than a portable one.  Can't stand the hiss from the headphone jack on my computer at work and the sound through the VERZA is a huge upgrade.

Even though it works fine with my Sony Xperia Z1s w/o USB recorder pro, I have to keep the USB flap open on the phone to connect it to the VERZA, which makes it an impractical pairing.

I still pair it up with my iPod Touch 5th Gen.

If you don't want to spend $600 for one maybe get one used?  
wink_face.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,139 of 1,343
  That's true!  I use it more as a desktop amp/dac than a portable one.  Can't stand the hiss from the headphone jack on my computer at work and the sound through the VERZA is a huge upgrade.

Even though it works fine with my Sony Xperia Z1s w/o USB recorder pro, I have to keep the USB flap open on the phone to connect it to the VERZA, which makes it an impractical pairing.

I still pair it up with my iPod Touch 5th Gen.

If you don't want to spend $600 for one maybe get one used?  
wink_face.gif

Wouldn't that make your PHONE an impractical pairing with ANY USB device, including your charger?

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #1,140 of 1,343

Funnily I have the Galaxy J (SC-02F) which if I'm not mistaken is the precursor to the S5? The Galaxy J works fine with the Verza.

That might be the case, but the S4 didn't work when the S3 did, so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back