V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #1,156 of 1,343
Mar 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,159 of 1,343
So 5s is the better of all of them?

The 5s is the best Apple phone, yes. I prefer it over Android, but I won't say it's blanket better than anything Android. But because there's only one iPhone model at a time, compatibility is NEVER a problem.

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #1,160 of 1,343
The one thing the 5, 5s and 5c all have in common is the 4" screen; in the fall, the rumors are that there will be two new models, one with a screen somewhere between 4 and 5 inches, and another larger, between 5 and 6 inches diagonally.  

I suppose a Metallo case could be designed for these  to slide on to the Verza . . I know the Galaxy phones are larger, and there are cases for those.

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,162 of 1,343
Yeah I would put money down that they'll make a case for the new round of iPhones at they very least. They seem to be dragging their feet on newer Samsung but who knows.

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #1,163 of 1,343
The Verza is a strange product and Android compatibility is even stranger. While the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 worked with it, the S4 does not. It doesn't give Val or V-MODA much incentive to produce Metallo cases for future phones that may or may not work with it. iPhone cases are always a safer bet, but realistically, how many Verzas were even produced? It's not a product for the masses and, unless they completely sold out of them (which I know for a fact they haven't), it would be a costly investment to continue supporting it with newer accessories.

What I don't understand is why people feel that if they get a new phone, the old one is out the window. I still use my 3 year old Samsung Infuse 4G as just a Media Player (since is sounds better) while my Galaxy Note takes on smartphone duties. Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle to lug around 2 devices, but if I already had a S3 or iPhone5/Metallo/Verza combo and then upgraded to a newer phone, I would just treat the stack like a hi-fi music player and retire it as a smartphone. Isn't there a market for standalone hi-fi players like the FiiO X3/X5, Colorfly C3/C4, Astell & Kern AK100/AK120, etc., some of which actually costing much more than a Smartphone/Metallo/Verza?

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,164 of 1,343
  The Verza is a strange product and Android compatibility is even stranger. While the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 worked with it, the S4 does not. It doesn't give Val or V-MODA much incentive to produce Metallo cases for future phones that may or may not work with it. iPhone cases are always a safer bet, but realistically, how many Verzas were even produced? It's not a product for the masses and, unless they completely sold out of them (which I know for a fact they haven't), it would be a costly investment to continue supporting it with newer accessories.

What I don't understand is why people feel that if they get a new phone, the old one is out the window. I still use my 3 year old Samsung Infuse 4G as just a Media Player (since is sounds better) while my Galaxy Note takes on smartphone duties. Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle to lug around 2 devices, but if I already had a S3 or iPhone5/Metallo/Verza combo and then upgraded to a newer phone, I would just treat the stack like a hi-fi music player and retire it as a smartphone. Isn't there a market for standalone hi-fi players like the FiiO X3/X5, Colorfly C3/C4, Astell & Kern AK100/AK120, etc., some of which actually costing much more than a Smartphone/Metallo/Verza?

That's exactly it. I'm not gonna lug around two phones for any reason, unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like getting a new TV and keeping the old one around for DVD duties.

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,165 of 1,343

That's exactly it. I'm not gonna lug around two phones for any reason, unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like getting a new TV and keeping the old one around for DVD duties.

I guess New York life has gotten me used to carrying a bunch of stuff around all the time. Almost everyone in NYC lugs around a backpack.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,166 of 1,343
  I guess New York life has gotten me used to carrying a bunch of stuff around all the time. Almost everyone in NYC lugs around a backpack.

I can understand that. And heck, if that's the case you could get away with even heftier equipment. I want something I can slip into my pocket easily (hence picking up the Metallo, the bands are inconvenient). 

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #1,167 of 1,343
  What I don't understand is why people feel that if they get a new phone, the old one is out the window. I still use my 3 year old Samsung Infuse 4G as just a Media Player (since is sounds better) while my Galaxy Note takes on smartphone duties. Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle to lug around 2 devices, but if I already had a S3 or iPhone5/Metallo/Verza combo and then upgraded to a newer phone, I would just treat the stack like a hi-fi music player and retire it as a smartphone. 

That's probably what I would do with my iPhone 5 as well.  I value it with the Verza as a music player right now more than I do as a device to communicate with other people.

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,168 of 1,343
My son has been itching for Galaxy note 2, I'm just getting tired of android based anything, I have nothing against Samsung. I just use a phone for phone calls, I do not use it a source for music ever. I always carry my DX50 combo everywhere I go. I also heard that apple has a new line of phones coming soon.

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #1,170 of 1,343
Maybe this was been asked before but just a simple yes or no will do the job.

Can then verza bypass the ipod classic's DAC?

Cheers!

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back