V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #1,172 of 1,343
Awesome! I really thought that the amp part of the verza only works for ipod classics. Hope they make a metallo case for ipod's too..

Thanks mate!

Keep in mind that it's only designed to work with the latest version of the ipod classic (2009), not sure if it'll work with the 160gb ipod video etc that came before that...

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,173 of 1,343
Awesome! I really thought that the amp part of the verza only works for ipod classics. Hope they make a metallo case for ipod's too..

Thanks mate!

Vamp Verza will work with these Apple devices:
Mac (OS X v10.5 Leopard or later)
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
iPod classic 160gb (2009)
iPod Touch 4th generation
iPod Nano 6th generation
iPad 1st generation
iPad 2
iPad 3rd generation
iPad 4th generation
iPad Mini

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #1,174 of 1,343
Keep in mind that it's only designed to work with the latest version of the ipod classic (2009), not sure if it'll work with the 160gb ipod video etc that came before that...

Vamp Verza will work with these Apple devices:
Mac (OS X v10.5 Leopard or later)
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
iPod classic 160gb (2009)
iPod Touch 4th generation
iPod Nano 6th generation
iPad 1st generation
iPad 2
iPad 3rd generation
iPad 4th generation
iPad Mini

Thanks guys! Appreciated much! Im using a ipod classic 6th gen V2 (late 2009).

Anyone of you uses this set up? How does it sound?

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #1,175 of 1,343
So I got a Verza the other day and went to use it today for the first time. I've had the thing plugged in damn near all day and it still says it's charging. The little red/orange light on the side is lit up as if it's charging but it never goes green.

Any ideas? Followed the instructions in the user manual and nothing.

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #1,176 of 1,343
Mine never goes green either. Hit the battery button, if both LEDs pop on it means it's full. 

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #1,177 of 1,343
So I got a Verza the other day and went to use it today for the first time. I've had the thing plugged in damn near all day and it still says it's charging. The little red/orange light on the side is lit up as if it's charging but it never goes green.

Any ideas? Followed the instructions in the user manual and nothing.

The first time out of the box, I charged my Verza about 4 hours and never saw the green light. I used it anyway because the two orange/yellow lights were lit up. The next time the battery died it was time for bed so I let it charge overnight. When I woke up, the green light was lit. Since then I have charged it 6+ hours before the green light comes on.

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #1,178 of 1,343
Thanks guys! Appreciated much! Im using a ipod classic 6th gen V2 (late 2009).

Anyone of you uses this set up? How does it sound?

Apple iPod Classic 160G → V-MODA Vamp Verza → V-MODA M-100 =​

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #1,180 of 1,343
Btw, have you try compairing this set up to a solo + amp set up?

But i think ill be rocki'n this in a few days! Or maybe after the big announcement on the 25th.. Lol!

I have not heard the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -R - D/A converter for Apple devices.  I do have the JDS Labs C5 and was looking for a DAC to pair with it, but ended up with the V-MODA Vamp Verza and I am totally happy with it.  

I hope the 25th will have some discounts or sale prices on the V-MODA website.

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #1,181 of 1,343
I have not heard the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -R - D/A converter for Apple devices.  I do have the JDS Labs C5 and was looking for a DAC to pair with it, but ended up with the V-MODA Vamp Verza and I am totally happy with it.  

I hope the 25th will have some discounts or sale prices on the V-MODA website.

Ah.. Btw have you tried pairing the verza DAC + C5 vs verza DAC/amp? Just curious..

Yah hoping that they'll throw out big discounts before i get the verza..

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #1,182 of 1,343
Ah.. Btw have you tried pairing the verza DAC + C5 vs verza DAC/amp? Just curious..

Yah hoping that they'll throw out big discounts before i get the verza..

I never thought about trying the V-MODA Vamp Verza DAC → JDS Labs C5.  I will try this when I get home from work.  

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #1,183 of 1,343
  I never thought about trying the V-MODA Vamp Verza DAC → JDS Labs C5.  I will try this when I get home from work.  

I didn't think the Verza has line-out only to an external amp? I thought it had only an optical out (to an external DAC/Amp) & headphone out.

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #1,184 of 1,343

I didn't think the Verza has line-out only to an external amp? I thought it had only an optical out (to an external DAC/Amp) & headphone out.

Yeah I'm not sure it will work but when I get home I will try a short cable to connect the Verza's headphone out to the C5 line input jack.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back