V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Dec 20, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #571 of 710
Quote:
Wait, so you're saying the VERZA is essentially a re-branded Go-DAP X with some slight tweaks?
blink.gif

Now that I see the photos, they do look very similar in appearance....

It make sense right?  The Go-DAP X itself it's not bad, but I have no doubt that V-moda will make it better.

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #572 of 710
Quote:
Wait, so you're saying the VERZA is essentially a re-branded Go-DAP X with some slight tweaks?
blink.gif

Quote:
It make sense right?  The Go-DAP X itself it's not bad, but I have no doubt that V-moda will make it better.

My Vamp is a rebranded GoDAP which makes sense since V-Moda's forte is making headphones, not amps, and they can get a great head start by partnering with a quality amp manufacturer, then "V-Modatizing" them.  I was skeptical regarding noticeable differences in sound with portable amps.  Vamp is a game changer for me.  I actually prefer the Pure mode to the VQ as the latter boosts the treble too much for my taste.  With Pure mode, the EQ is perfection and I wouldn't change a thing, not even the bass.  Mids are also more forward and detailed.  Val wasn't kidding or overhyping when he mentioned how good of a synergy Vamp has with M-100.  The pairing of the two is giving me goosebumps.  Verza should do the same or more.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #573 of 710
Quote:
Quote:
blink.gif

Quote:

My Vamp is a rebranded GoDAP which makes sense since V-Moda's forte is making headphones, not amps, and they can get a great head start by partnering with a quality amp manufacturer, then "V-Modatizing" them.  I was skeptical regarding noticeable differences in sound with portable amps.  Vamp is a game changer for me.  I actually prefer the Pure mode to the VQ as the latter boosts the treble too much for my taste.  With Pure mode, the EQ is perfection and I wouldn't change a thing, not even the bass.  Mids are also more forward and detailed.  Val wasn't kidding or overhyping when he mentioned how good of a synergy Vamp has with M-100.  The pairing of the two is giving me goosebumps.  Verza should do the same or more.

Woah that's interesting. All this time I thought the VAMP was something V-MODA made from scratch. >.>
Maybe I'll have to give the VERZA a try when I get the money to do so...after the last few months my wallet has taken a major blow from purchasing so much audio gear (I bought some stuff for Christmas presents).

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #574 of 710
I just want to give a shout out to V-Moda's customer service.  I just purchased Vamp knowing it would likely need a firmware update done at their location which it does.  I contacted customer service and they are taking care of at no charge and paying shipping both ways.  Every interaction I have had with customer service regarding my M-100 and Vamp purchases has been extremely positive.  Rock on David!

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #575 of 710
Quote:
I just want to give a shout out to V-Moda's customer service.  I just purchased Vamp knowing it would likely need a firmware update done at their location which it does.  I contacted customer service and they are taking care of at no charge and paying shipping both ways.  Every interaction I have had with customer service regarding my M-100 and Vamp purchases has been extremely positive.  Rock on David!

I would say the same. I have a pair of LPs and they had a wire loose. They were old and out of warranty. David offered to have them fixed for free with shipping etc. I did it myself but still I was surprised by the offer. They are going out of their way for their customers.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #577 of 710
Quote:
So what is the firmware upgrade supposed to fix??

Vamp provides two battery management options- run Vamp and run Vamp while charging Ipod.  Only the latter is working without the firmware update, so Vamp dies even though my Iphone has been charged by Vamp to 100%.  That option only gives me about two hours of use.

EDIT:  I am shipping back to V-Moda for the firmware upgrade.  They are paying for shipping both ways.  However, I am devastated that I need to part with VAMP for a few weeks.  It is really incredible.

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #578 of 710
Bump I guess....

Are you still selling the original VAMP or do you support android devices yet?

Thanks,

-Pablo

p.s. one of the highlights of the reviews was that the MODA-100 is the best portable closed back not requiring an amp.  So why would you build an amp for it?

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #579 of 710
Quote:
Bump I guess....

Are you still selling the original VAMP or do you support android devices yet?

Thanks,

-Pablo

p.s. one of the highlights of the reviews was that the MODA-100 is the best portable closed back not requiring an amp.  So why would you build an amp for it?

Vamp Verza will support android devices and should be released shortly enough. As for the V-Moda M-100, it most certainly does not require an amp, but it scales well with an amp and supposedly pairs well with the Vamp, esp. the Verza because it was in development with the Verza at the same time.

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #581 of 710
Quote:
How long does the firmware update take???

They got mine on the 6th and I will be getting it back tomorrow on the 24th...

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #585 of 710
Just got my VAMP back after 20 days, and after finish charging I will test it again with my M-100.  The odd thing is that I think V-moda just give me a new one, as I noticed a minor scratch is gone and my volume knob is a lot more lose.  We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back