V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jul 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #1,013 of 1,269
For you bio/anatomy/medical nerds out there. I present to you my shield design. I can post a link to the final product when they come in next week if anyone is interested! 

(I apologize that it's a link and not a direct upload. I'm admittedly not a regular member here. I just thought it'd be nice to share!)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/270x409q90/913/b7901c.png

In case you're wondering what you're looking at, it's 2 pyramidal cells (neurons)

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #1,015 of 1,269
Deleted

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #1,016 of 1,269
  For you bio/anatomy/medical nerds out there. I present to you my shield design. I can post a link to the final product when they come in next week if anyone is interested! 

(I apologize that it's a link and not a direct upload. I'm admittedly not a regular member here. I just thought it'd be nice to share!)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/270x409q90/913/b7901c.png

In case you're wondering what you're looking at, it's 2 pyramidal cells (neurons)

That is quite possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen on Head-Fi.
Kudos :)

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #1,018 of 1,269
Off topic...but what guitar is that? I have an Ibanez (S-series?) that has almost that exact finish and color. It also has the Edge tremolo system. Thing sounds great, with a warm, chunky rhythm tone considering the lightness of the body. I definitely don't have those p/u's though. Lol.

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #1,019 of 1,269
It's an Ibanez RG 321 without a tremolo system and with Bill Lawrence pickups, custom made by Mr. Lawrence :)
The sound is also great but aggressive with much attack and fast decay. Overall the guitar is made for hardrock and metal with these pickups installed. But also warm and smooth with only the upper pickup activated.

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #1,020 of 1,269
Nice! I've heard they are good metal pups, and there's just something about these Ibanez bodies. I couldn't help but keep coming back to it. So comfortable, and unique looking. Those shields look sick with it too. Great choices all round.

I'm hoping to design some shields soon, but I have so many ideas, it will be hard to pick just one. Might have to continuously change them out... Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back