V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jun 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #966 of 1,269
  I'm planning on buying the M-100s. I don't know how to use Photoshop or Illustrator at all. I was wondering if anyone could put these two smileys on two templates in one file.

Here you go.

Jun 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #968 of 1,269

:)

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #970 of 1,269
shields arrived!

from this psd

into this shields

the smooth detail the laser machine can do is just astonishing. was a little bit worried how my inverted image would be printed out, apparently it came out vividly like the original image. awesomeness!

but yes, just like someone posted in this forum, you better buy a good allen key. don't use the one included with the shields. it wears the bolts. but luckily (or is it?) the shields comes with 2 (two) black bolts and two silver bolts. so i can replace the most worn bolt.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #971 of 1,269
  shields arrived!

from this psd

into this shields

the smooth detail the laser machine can do is just astonishing. was a little bit worried how my inverted image would be printed out, apparently it came out vividly like the original image. awesomeness!

but yes, just like someone posted in this forum, you better buy a good allen key. don't use the one included with the shields. it wears the bolts. but luckily (or is it?) the shields comes with 2 (two) black bolts and two silver bolts. so i can replace the most worn bolt.

Those are awesome!! Reminds me of the Street Fighter boxing kangaroo....or did they have a dino too? I forget lol. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #975 of 1,269
About to pull the trigger on some XS phones to go with my Fiio X5 player. Looking at doing the custom designs as want something that's me...

Couple of quick questions for guys who have already used the service from V-Moda...

1) Is it still a black and white procedure or can the levels be grey in order to create tone and shading? It is difficult to tell from some of the pics if this is the case as could be my eyes/shadow.

2) Is that right people are getting one design on the left shield and one on the right? If so, that makes it even better!

3) How flexible are they on images being used in the design? ie If I used a brand logo, as part of the design, would it likely get stopped? Like I have seen people with Zelda logos or Daft Punk designs etc.

I'm still in debating stage on what to have... Its holding me up from ordering!! Be worth it I am sure...

Cheers!!

Mat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back