V-Moda M80, V-Moda LP/LP2, V-Moda M100, Beats Pro or Skullcandy MixMaster
Aug 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Tobu99

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi! I listen to rap/hiphop(taylor gang,wiz khalifa,snoop dogg,dr.dre and the other),house music(also progressive house,electro house) and almost everything they play in clubs. I want really good bass, but bass is not the only thing I want, I want also good highs,miss,lows(but bass most important!). I also want my headphones to look good so for me sound quality and looks are tied. I personally prefer the look of Beats Pro. I also have the ability to brake everything, so I want durable headphones. Ill USD my headphones mainly while going to school(train,buss),at school(classes,recess),pumping up become games,hanging out,chilling at home. I DEFINNETLY NEED HEADPHONES WITH SWAG(look cool,stylish and that).
Ps: i know the m100 are not out yet but if they are the best ill wait
Pps: in 1-2 months the beats exclusive are coming out.

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 14
hey there,

please take anything with skullcandy (except the aviators) and beats off the list. They may look cool, but sound is way below average for the price given. Vmoda M80 are on ear, but they are actually very good sound wise. I do not like the VModa Crossfade LP at all, they sound all muffled and dark. LP2 sound a bit better (in every way possible), but I definitely wouldn't call them an upgrade. The M100 may be good, but in the list below, I will give you my recommendations:

Audio Technica PRO700 MK2
Ultrasone HFI 580
Sony XB1000 (but these things are huge!)
Denon AH-D1100 (if you like boomy bass, have more bass than any beats)
Ultrasone PRO 900 (A step up from the HFI 580, but more than double the price and needs an amp.)

All these headphones listed above have SWAG and sound much better than any of the headphones you listed. :)

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 14
+1 fro Ultrasones

+1 for waiting for M100 and then checking it out OR M80s

+1 for D1100 

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 14
1. Beats and skullcandy should be off the list (beats pro is very uncomfortable and not very durable (like all beats audio) and skull candy is just for people who don't know the difference between a bad sounding headphone and a good)

2. So both LP and LP2 are $200 and the M80 is $230 that leaves you with a choice: do you want on ear or over ear headphones (on ear has less isolation meaning that you might hear the sound around you; over ear means that it has full isolation so you wouldn't hear anything around you.)

3. The M100s aren't released yet and vmoda has to keep delaying the release date because they are trying to perfect the sound quality in every which way they can (making it more worth for your patience) also if you're so desperate for a headphone to buy for school (which you're probably not) then just go ahead and buy the LP2s.

4. Vmoda products are more customizable so you could choose what color you want the shields of the headphone go to this link and you'll see all the different kinds of shields you could get and also look at the LP2s while you're there just to get an idea.
http://v-moda.com/over-ear-shields/

So basically I'd just wait for the M100 (which I am) and they probably will have custom shields for it.

Hope you found this useful!

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 14
 the pros are not as strong as you think

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
2. So both LP and LP2 are $200 and the M80 is $230 that leaves you with a choice: do you want on ear or over ear headphones (on ear has less isolation meaning that you might hear the sound around you; over ear means that it has full isolation so you wouldn't hear anything around you.)

where the heck did you get your prices!?!??

the lp and lp2 are way different price, NOT $200 http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Phantom/dp/B003BYRGLI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347230936&sr=1-1&keywords=v-moda

the lp2 are a little closer to $200 http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Limited-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B005HMBQR2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347230936&sr=1-2&keywords=v-moda

and the m80 are $230????  no they are like $160 and usualy $190ish http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Shadow/dp/B005HSDLCO/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347230936&sr=1-5&keywords=v-moda

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #13 of 14
The Beats pro are horrible in my opinion  so is the mix master. The mix master is so horrible, they are 50 times uncomfortable than the m100's, I have tried all of them. The best is the m100. They are the most comfortable of the bunch and sounds the best with hip hop. Plus you retain the clarity. Ignore the when the people said that the driver will touch your ears. The headphones doesn't really do that, but the mix master drivers does touch your ear like CRAZY. So uncomfortable! hated them! But to chose with a bass hevy preference with still be able to listen to other types of music fairly, I would go with the m100. The m100 I noticed does the better job than all of the ones above and also it is the best with EDM. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back