V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #17,056 of 23,366
  1.  Saying "it didn't come across" implies that you feel you speak for everyone in the room. But those who complain of not getting jokes risk becoming jokes themselves. Still, I applaud your donation of your modesty to the Sierra Club.
  2.  If your own reply was intended as a joke, then your deadpan delivery seems especially masterful here:

I don't think that my post implies that at all.  I merely gave my interpretation of your post, and at no time did I act as if I was speaking for everyone.  

My post was not intended to be a joke.  That said, it was certainly not an attack, as you seem to have taken it.  Man, I have my own opinion about who needs to lighten up here.

**Disclaimer**  The above statement is intended to be an expression of my own opinion.  At no point should you to interpret this as the opinion at large, or the opinion of Head-Fi as a community.      

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #17,057 of 23,366
Great to read the feedback.

CanJam - XS/M-100 Launches
For those that went to CanJam, I apologize I could not make it. Our new product XS is launching and I was just to stressed with all the photos/videos necessary.  We are also making a video for M-100 that is behind schedule, it is going to be unbelievable. Most exciting, however is that our V-MODA Milano office opened and it is right next to wear Leonardo Da Vinci worked as a civil and military engineer!.

What is the XS? All I can find on it is a placeholder on a retailer's website:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1008402-REG/v_moda_xs_u_mblackm_xs_matte_black_metal.html

Is it an on-ear model? IEM? Perhaps some clip-ons? Very curious about this one.

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #17,058 of 23,366

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1008402-REG/v_moda_xs_u_mblackm_xs_matte_black_metal.html

Based on the price point and the description as a headphone, my guess would be a replacement for the M-80 (an on-ear M-100).

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #17,059 of 23,366

I don't think XS is a good name for a pair of headphones, because you automatically think extra-small when you hear XS & wonder if there are any other sizes...

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #17,060 of 23,366
In Val's latest post he said "XS/M-100" launch. The M-100 has been out for some time now and, to me, seems weird to have a launch for them. Is it possible the XS may be a different version or edition of the M-100?

Oct 14, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #17,062 of 23,366
Would any owner care to take a picture of the back of a stock or XL pad as well as the driver housing? Dimensions would be nice too. I want to see whether other brand ear pads can fit. Thanks.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #17,063 of 23,366
So today I FINALLY received my XL pads. The wait is finally over and I can't express how excited I am to have these finally installed. All my comfort issues have been COMPLETELY alleviated. I am happy to say I love the sound with these more than the original pads. Instrument separation seems to be done better, the mids seem only marginally more recessed than before and in my case, the bass is glorious. It is thumping harder than it was before, sounding also only marginally looser but more impactful. I feel the top end is unmodified, just as smooth sounding as it was before. I am actually shocked how much pads could change sound characteristics. I know Val wanted to leave the sound unmodified...while he got close, I think the sound characteristics are different enough to have a positive impact here. I would have to agree with the others who have said the M100s should ship with these. They are now on par with the Denon AHD2000 i used to own comfort-wise which really says something. I also think these headphones have a more serious visual appeal with these pads, love the way they now look!

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #17,064 of 23,366
im glad to say that after i stuffed a length of cable under the new pads (two layers) my comfort issues have subsided considerably. still get some pain in my left ear after about an hour and a half, but a 5 minute break fixes everything. i only listened for so long in order to test for discomfort, usually i try to take a 5 minute break (fag break usually) after every hour of listening, not every hour and a half. so truth be told i cant really complain about the comfort anymore. 
my phone is being fixed at the moment, when it gets back ill take a photo and upload it for anyone else who still suffers from discomfort (i seem to remember there was one more with almost exactly the same problem as i, over protruding antihelix anyone?), but essentially its exactly the same as "the softie mod", only without the softies, as i couldnt get them to fit over the new pads.

Quote:
I hate the fact that they make the headphones lose that punchy low mid for a boomier sub base.

just goes to show how different peoples tastes are from one another... i was glad when that "punchy low mid" was gone. i feel the sub bass presentation is alot more pleasing with the xl pads. i feel they relax the bass, and emphasize the sub bass - which is just what i want. i even lowered the sub bass boost on the eq setting i made for the m-100, as the sub bass with the new pads sounds clearer to my ears, and needs less of a boost.

As there has been such a wide range of perceived changes with the XL pads, I believe variation in ear size and shape will provide a different listening experience for everyone.

yea these new pads and peoples (including my own) thoughts on them really showed me how much of a difference the pads can make.

But, I'm 100% sure, that the soundstage is much different. I've done many tests with music and movies, and the result is the same, much better soundstage with the XL pads.

definitely agree.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #17,066 of 23,366
  im glad to say that after i stuffed a length of cable under the new pads (two layers) my comfort issues have subsided considerably. still get some pain in my left ear after about an hour and a half, but a 5 minute break fixes everything. i only listened for so long in order to test for discomfort, usually i try to take a 5 minute break (fag break usually) after every hour of listening, not every hour and a half. so truth be told i cant really complain about the comfort anymore. 
my phone is being fixed at the moment, when it gets back ill take a photo and upload it for anyone else who still suffers from discomfort (i seem to remember there was one more with almost exactly the same problem as i, over protruding antihelix anyone?), but essentially its exactly the same as "the softie mod", only without the softies, as i couldnt get them to fit over the new pads.

Quote:
I hate the fact that they make the headphones lose that punchy low mid for a boomier sub base.

just goes to show how different peoples tastes are from one another... i was glad when that "punchy low mid" was gone. i feel the sub bass presentation is alot more pleasing with the xl pads. i feel they relax the bass, and emphasize the sub bass - which is just what i want. i even lowered the sub bass boost on the eq setting i made for the m-100, as the sub bass with the new pads sounds clearer to my ears, and needs less of a boost.

Could not agree with you more! The mid bass was fun and all but my M-100's are getting a lot more head-time these days due to the new pads and improved sound. Definitely a fan.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #17,067 of 23,366
V-Moda advertising their new Testa headphone stand on their Facebook page.

Only says coming soon, no further info.

Seems thoughtfully designed in terms of functionality, and not bad looking -- though not quite as stylish as I would have expected from a fashion-conscious company like V-MODA. Very utilitarian. Let's hope that translates to an affordable price tag.

Thanks for the heads up!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #17,070 of 23,366
Yes, it does seem to have disappeared, maybe was an accidental leak, as we haven't heard anything from Val about it. I remember seeing it at roughly 4:54pm, as that was the time I downloaded the picture at.

In that case, well done! Nothing like preserving a leak when The Man decides to take it back from us.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back