V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #15,106 of 23,366

when i ordered them I wasn't told about any extra charges besides obvious shipping. I was expecting to pay customs since it came over from US.  But **** I could have ordered these from headphonebar.com and they are located in Canada.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #15,107 of 23,366
Unless I'm missing something this bill isn't from V-Moda, or is it? I mean I fail to see how this is V-Moda's issue. e.g. if I buy something from V-Moda, I'm not going to expect them to know the extra fees Japan's going to charge me on top of the product and shipping costs. I just checked the V-Moda page: http://v-moda.com/shipping/ And it states: *Delivery times will vary depending on country. Also please note that as per the regulations in your region you may be responsible for any VAT/Import Taxes/Duties/Brokerage fees or other fees. I think it's fair enough for them not to know how much Croatia's, Taiwan's, Korea's, Japan's, Germany's, Canada's (etc.) tax may be.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #15,108 of 23,366
Quote:
Unless I'm missing something this bill isn't from V-Moda, or is it? I mean I fail to see how this is V-Moda's issue. e.g. if I buy something from V-Moda, I'm not going to expect them to know the extra fees Japan's going to charge me on top of the product and shipping costs. I just checked the V-Moda page: http://v-moda.com/shipping/ And it states: *Delivery times will vary depending on country. Also please note that as per the regulations in your region you may be responsible for any VAT/Import Taxes/Duties/Brokerage fees or other fees. I think it's fair enough for them not to know how much Croatia's, Taiwan's, Korea's, Japan's, Germany's, Canada's (etc.) tax may be.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Yes, the cost was high, but in the end you should be aware of the regulations in your own area for importing. It isn't their fault that you got charged nearly $100 in fees. V-Moda only charged you 315CAD for the product and 31CAD for shipping. Whoever imported it charged you the additional fees. Likely UPS or your government. Complain to them, not to V-Moda who simply recieved payment, charged you for the product and shipping.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #15,110 of 23,366
Quote:

when i ordered them I wasn't told about any extra charges besides obvious shipping. I was expecting to pay customs since it came over from US.  But **** I could have ordered these from headphonebar.com and they are located in Canada.

That brokerage fees are crazy high! I usually contact and pay to customs direct instead of going through USPS/DHL etc....save me quite a bit

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #15,111 of 23,366
Quote:

Dude!
Fredericton... Step daughter used to live on Carriage Hill on the Hanwell road. Now they are in Harvey...
She has a couple of radio shows on CHSR.
There might just be enough of us Maritimers for a meet one day :)

B&H would have had them landed on your door for $354 total!
Better luck next time.

/RantOn
Very Important point to remember when ordering from the states:

If they ship by UPS tell them to forget it!​

UPS will gouge you with brokerage and tax on the brokerage!
Their Slogan "What can brown do for you?" NOT A DAMN THING THANK YOU!
/RantOff
biggrin.gif

My E17 came from the headphonebar as well.

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #15,112 of 23,366
returning my momentums too, didnt feel the quality would last, and the ear pads were extremely uneven, like when i buy a 350 dollar headphones i dont want retardedly shaped eadpads, going for the ue 900 and ue 9000 if you wanna see the ear pads dumb shape just ask and ill post it

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #15,115 of 23,366
Quote:
returning my momentums too, didnt feel the quality would last, and the ear pads were extremely uneven, like when i buy a 350 dollar headphones i dont want retardedly shaped eadpads, going for the ue 900 and ue 9000 if you wanna see the ear pads dumb shape just ask and ill post it

I didn't like the UE900s as much as I thought I would. And the UE9000s I liked the sound but I was listening to it from one of my friends and something bothered me about them. Looking back it might have been that ANC was on and that screwed with the sound a bit. I really should give them another go though.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #15,116 of 23,366
Quote:

I didn't like the UE900s as much as I thought I would. And the UE9000s I liked the sound but I was listening to it from one of my friends and something bothered me about them. Looking back it might have been that ANC was on and that screwed with the sound a bit. I really should give them another go though.

ANC and Bluetooth makes them boomy and v-shaped...  They sound much better with it off XD.  They go a bit more linear with the ANC turned off, but are still very warm. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #15,117 of 23,366
Quote:

The UE9000 are a step up in comfort from the Momentums but also a step down in sound quality.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #15,118 of 23,366
Quote:

The UE9000 are a step up in comfort from the Momentums but also a step down in sound quality.

The 9000s are heavy.  The shape and form factor are great though, if only it didn't have that heavy battery in it.

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #15,119 of 23,366
Quote:

The 9000s are heavy.  The shape and form factor are great though, if only it didn't have that heavy battery in it.

If you are using them in passive mode you can just remove the batteries.... But coming from the momentum they are a step down in detail and especially treble quality... although they are not as good as the momentums they do have a nice sound overall and very good comfort etc. Possibly the comfiest headphones I have ever used!

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #15,120 of 23,366
Quote:

ANC and Bluetooth makes them boomy and v-shaped...  They sound much better with it off XD.  They go a bit more linear with the ANC turned off, but are still very warm. 

Yes, this is why I want to give them another shot. What my ears heard was nothing like what others heard, almost at all. My friend also ended up selling them for M-100s, which he then sold because of some issues (I think comfort? He loved the sound though).... Now he is looking for yet another replacement. He got a set of Ultrasone DJ1s for cheap which he is using for now. He is looking into the Focal Spirit One at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back