V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #13,861 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
BE WARNED THE MIC ISNT THAT LOUD ON MY PC i have to turn on mic boost in my settings and the metal cord for the mic is too flexible, it moves on its own sometimes and i wish it was longer

None of these are true for me. All people I've used it with spoke positively about it. As for flexibility, yes a bit. I'm more concerned about rotational capabilities. I wish there was some way to lock it in place rather than having it swing side to side. The flexibilty I can deal with, the rotational I can't as much. It still isn't terrible though. And over all, on my computer it is rather good. 

Ah, yes the swivel does get annoying. A locking mechanism would have been a good idea, I think, but then it would incompatible with other headphones such as the M-80.

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #13,864 of 23,366
Quote:

I agree on the listening fatigue, low trebles are quite aggressive for me. I also experience that even at low volumes (tipically I listen to 1/3 ipod touch 5g max volume). If you find out a good eq configuration please share with us !

this is the settings i used yesterday (nevermind the bass boost, look at the treble range):

everyday, until i feel ive got it right, ill go into sinegen and sweep for frequency spikes. the reason for doing it once a day is to try and avoid expectability bias as much as possible. also, finding the exact center of the spike, together with the correct Q is quite a challenge.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #13,865 of 23,366
So you basicly lowering the mids & highs? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #13,866 of 23,366
Quote:
So you basicly lowering the mids & highs? 
smily_headphones1.gif

no. lowering the mids and highs, and then turning the volume up is the way i bass boost. notice the null and roll off that i created at ~7.6 kHz. thats what i wanted to show sdonati84 who asked to see the setting i used to ease the fatigue that the m-100 caused me. this is one of the reasons i think im overly sensitive to treble, a 4dB peak isnt very much, and yet it hurts my ears terribly after as much as 15 min. i also have a 2nd instance of electriq open at the same time, boosting the bass even more. this is so i can maintain a low listening level, while still having head rattling bass. if i listen at even a moderate listening level, the treble cuts my ears like a knife... 

edit: this isnt the m-100s fault, i did the same with my dt 770s, which have an even bigger treble peak btw.

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #13,867 of 23,366
Ah ok. I don't have this problem luckily but experience the "treble knife" sometimes in some tracks. It's like contracting the tongue-neck-muscles and "closing" the ear channel. Funny effekt though...

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #13,868 of 23,366
Any update on the status of the XL pads?  Also, does anyone know how flexible V-MODA is with exchanging the M-100's for a different color?  I got the white silver M-100's in the mail about a week ago and I still have all of the packaging and plastic wrapping like new and I e-mailed support to see if they would let me exchange them for a matte black pair.  Has anyone else had any luck with an exchange like this?  Thanks in advance!  Also, seriously can't wait for those XL pads, Val.  Hope to hear something soon!

- Matt

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #13,869 of 23,366
Someone is asking:
Quote:
I am looking to buy these headphones in UK but cant seem to find an official retailer and i have problems when buying headphones off of amazon about the warranty. Whilst watching a unboxing review i noticed that the warranty came in the box and you simply had to activate it. Does the warranty come with the headphones and does it matter it i buy it from amazon? Any help would be great thanks!!

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but do you guys who live in the UK know for sure?

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #13,870 of 23,366
Quote:
Any update on the status of the XL pads?  Also, does anyone know how flexible V-MODA is with exchanging the M-100's for a different color?  I got the white silver M-100's in the mail about a week ago and I still have all of the packaging and plastic wrapping like new and I e-mailed support to see if they would let me exchange them for a matte black pair.  Has anyone else had any luck with an exchange like this?  Thanks in advance!  Also, seriously can't wait for those XL pads, Val.  Hope to hear something soon!

- Matt

Is it open? They only exchange it if it is sealed and unopened.

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #13,871 of 23,366
Quote:

- Matt

i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. you would just have to pay return shipping.

considering their return policy, if they say no to exchanges, that would be incredibly silly as you can just return it and rebuy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back