V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #13,546 of 23,366
Apr 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #13,548 of 23,366
Quote:
I tried using another FLAT AUX CABLE cord, but it does not fit in the headphone because of how it is enclosed. Is anyone using another FLAT aux cable that fits?

Just get one of those 3.5mm jack extender for iPhone and such and it will work.

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #13,549 of 23,366
Apr 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #13,551 of 23,366
Quote:
If anybody is in LA and wants to help me test XL cushions, let me know by PM.  Our LA HQ is near Sunset + Vine in Hollywood, next to CNN building. 

I need to give final feedback to the factory by THURSDAY!

-V 

Hey Val, are you going to do a promotion when the full stock of shields come. Also what are the status on the free XL pads promotion?

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #13,553 of 23,366
Hey guys.
New guy guy from Singapore. Anyway, my IEMs broke recently and I thought of getting an upgrade and decided to get myself a pair of cans. Anyway, after considerable research and scouring on forums and the web. I managed to put the m100 on my shortlist. I've been really attracted to the reviews of sound production and the specs of the build and durability. The cheapest price i could find for it is SGD 410 which is 400% more than i've ever spent on a pair of cans. It wasn't really an issue until i found out that the warranty and immortal life 50% doesn't apply here in singapore. I would really enjoy some insurance for my investment. If there is anything that could convince me to buy the headphones. Please reply me. Greatly appreciated.

FYI. Other headphones on my list includes koss prodj200 and sennheiser hd 280 pro. (Kind of an anti climax from v-moda but they were closer to my budget range)

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #13,554 of 23,366
Apr 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #13,555 of 23,366
Hey guys.
New guy guy from Singapore. Anyway, my IEMs broke recently and I thought of getting an upgrade and decided to get myself a pair of cans. Anyway, after considerable research and scouring on forums and the web. I managed to put the m100 on my shortlist. I've been really attracted to the reviews of sound production and the specs of the build and durability. The cheapest price i could find for it is SGD 410 which is 400% more than i've ever spent on a pair of cans. It wasn't really an issue until i found out that the warranty and immortal life 50% doesn't apply here in singapore. I would really enjoy some insurance for my investment. If there is anything that could convince me to buy the headphones. Please reply me. Greatly appreciated.

FYI. Other headphones on my list includes koss prodj200 and sennheiser hd 280 pro. (Kind of an anti climax from v-moda but they were closer to my budget range)

What are you looking for? What genres do you listen to? What is your sound signature preference?

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #13,556 of 23,366
I basically listen to all genres. Symphonic, dubstep, rock,blues. etc. For me i'm satisfied with being clearly able to hear all the instruments while maintaining a balanced sound. I'm currently using a pair of cheap IEMs i got from an airplane. The sound is horrible and extremely fuzzy. Any headphones would be an immediate step-up. Anyway, the previous IEM used was from sonicgear

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #13,557 of 23,366
I basically listen to all genres. Symphonic, dubstep, rock,blues. etc. For me i'm satisfied with being clearly able to hear all the instruments while maintaining a balanced sound. I'm currently using a pair of cheap IEMs i got from an airplane. The sound is horrible and extremely fuzzy. Any headphones would be an immediate step-up. Anyway, the previous IEM used was from sonicgear

So you lie soundstage and flat response. The M100's are great but bassy and closed. What's your budget? Including a portable amp.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #13,559 of 23,366
Budget is $300. but i was attracted to the v-moda due to its durability which i find is a must for an on the go pair. I actually haven't given much thought for an amp.

Here's a small list of cans you should consider:

HE-300
HD 25 ii
SRH 840
Beyerdynamic DT880
AKG K550
HFI 780 (more balanced option)
HFI 580 (more bassy option)
PRO 900

I do not have any of these cans, I'm giving you options so you can make a thread and ask somebody.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #13,560 of 23,366
i listen to the same kind of music and as far as you need something durable, you should look at:

Custom one pro
dt770 Anniversary edition
vmoda m80

they all have some good soundstage, uncolored sound and are pretty beefy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back