V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #13,531 of 23,366
thats what i thought before, but i would just save my 950 dollars in amazon gift card for something else and just buy the vmoda m 100 from vmoda.com so i can get the free faders customer shields and xl pads :D which is like a 60 dollar value :D

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #13,532 of 23,366
Anyway I decided not to exchange colors. I actually like my matte black better than the white pearl. It is so simple and elegant. :)

But right now I was wondering what is the best amp that makes the m100 sound the best. I understand the verza combo is probably is, is there any cheaper alternative. I have heard some one reccomend the c5. Also this includes regular desk amps.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #13,533 of 23,366
Quote:
how did your friend become a millionaire?

sometimes i hate to be born in germany.

Don't be too hard on Germany -- I loved it there when I visited.  What was once East Berlin had become a bohemian Disneyworld of squat bars, everyone I met seemed to be literate, and the culture, food and beer were all equally succulent.  (As you can probably tell by my recollection of The Sector Formerly Known as East Berlin, I haven't been back in a decade, but a lot of my writer and musician friends moved there during the recession.)

Re my friend in LA:  He ran a newspaper in Niagara Falls which ended up doing quite well.  He's since sold it, I believe.  His wife is also a successful designer in LA and has created couture for the likes of Robert Plant.

Even so, my friend started out as a singer in a punk band (I'm not going to say which one), so he's hardly silver spoon material.  He's also an excellent writer.

Now back to our regular feature.

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #13,535 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey there scrypt, I haven't been keeping an eye on the thread as closely as before. I thought you had permanently left us welcome back.

Thanks for newticing, DF. I tend to be hilariously busy these years and can't always post, so I've largely given up on this plus-sized thread. 

Writing a detailed review of the M100s would have superseded a short story which I was asked to write, since I'm a full-time editor at the mome, and also seemed unnecessary, since so many other members were here to offer their thoughts.

Never noticed you lived in Winnipeg until now; I'm originally from Vancouver.  Give my regards to Aaron Funk, who seems to enjoy the weather!

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #13,536 of 23,366
Quote:
Anyway I decided not to exchange colors. I actually like my matte black better than the white pearl. It is so simple and elegant.
smily_headphones1.gif

But right now I was wondering what is the best amp that makes the m100 sound the best. I understand the verza combo is probably is, is there any cheaper alternative. I have heard some one reccomend the c5. Also this includes regular desk amps.

The FiiO E12 has been receiving solid reviews and is about $130.  A new version just became available that has a slightly enhanced bass boost compared to the first production run.  It is also a nice looking amp with lots of power.

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #13,537 of 23,366
@craigster: you own both, the ue6000 and m100. i had both and still own the ue. when do you use which of them? or when do you prefer the m100 over the ue? did you get to listen to the yamaha pro 500`?

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #13,538 of 23,366
Quote:
Anyway I decided not to exchange colors. I actually like my matte black better than the white pearl. It is so simple and elegant.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
The FiiO E12 has been receiving solid reviews and is about $130.  A new version just became available that has a slightly enhanced bass boost compared to the first production run.  It is also a nice looking amp with lots of power.

I actually have the e12 amp arriving today and can report back on how it is with the m-100s.  I've been using the e11/L9 (ipod 4g) with the m-100s and that is an amazing combo, cant beat it with for the price.

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #13,539 of 23,366
Quote:
@craigster: you own both, the ue6000 and m100. i had both and still own the ue. when do you use which of them? or when do you prefer the m100 over the ue? did you get to listen to the yamaha pro 500`?

^This sparks my interest too...!

Been starting to hear less out of my left earcup.. not sure if I should trade for another one.. or possibly move on =(

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #13,540 of 23,366
Got my custom shields about a week ago and really happy with the way they turned out.  Special shout out to Erik at V-MODA.  I'm a total newbie when it comes to photoshop and he was able to take my image and take care of everything for me in short order.

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #13,542 of 23,366
Apr 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #13,544 of 23,366
Quote:
Got my custom shields about a week ago and really happy with the way they turned out.  Special shout out to Erik at V-MODA.  I'm a total newbie when it comes to photoshop and he was able to take my image and take care of everything for me in short order.

Yea erik is awesome! He helped me out too! V-MODA staff is just amazing. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #13,545 of 23,366
Quote:

I actually had the chance to buy both and lived with each of the product, The ue6000 was a lesser headphone. I kept the m100 since I didn't have comfort issues that much. 

Quote:

+1. I'm very happy with the matte black, because it's elegant and discreet, and you don't call the attention with them.

I agree, I was thinking of going with the white but I found it fit my taste better. It is so awesome and slick :D

Also I will look at the e12. I like fiio, I currently have their cheaper e6. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back