V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #13,576 of 23,366
Quote:
I LOVE the M-100's - but the cushions do tend to get to me after 2 hours.

Would LOVE to test some new cushions!!

I definitely get you! Same thing happened to me.
Hopefully the new earpads will not change sound sig too much and be able to provide more comfort!

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #13,577 of 23,366
Quote:
You can. I find their clamp to be adequate and they don't slip off my head like my V-80s do. I've run with them on a few time to catch subway trains and buses, but I'm not a jogger. They even manage to stay on when I do parkour rolls. I hope the place you live doesn't get too hot, though.

lol, Russia's never too hot :) Though I do work out in the gym as well..

Anyway, thanks.. I'll proceed to ordering my M-100s. Too bad there are no green shields available ;(

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #13,578 of 23,366
Quote:

I get what you say, i saw some photos of V-MODA cables before.

Yeh i don't really understand why it's done that way. Guess i'll just get red one separately.

Thanks for the conformation guys.

That's what I did with my Shadow as the red cable looks better and in a brighter red than the included shareplay.  Here is a quick list of default cable colors:

Matte Black: on button - orange; shareplay - black.
Shadow: one button - black; shareplay - red / black pattern.
White Silver: one button - grey; shareplay - grey
Special mention: as stated above the straight red cable (actually red / back) from the store is in a shade brighter than the red / black shareplay cable.  You can also get the one button cable in orange on it's own.  However, the most unique cable right now is the purple / black straight cable which is not included in any packaged color option.
Quote:
lol, Russia's never too hot :) Though I do work out in the gym as well..

Anyway, thanks.. I'll proceed to ordering my M-100s. Too bad there are no green shields available ;(

Yes, I really wish they have green ones too plus green cables to match.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #13,579 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello Head-Fi!

Apologies, if this has been discusses before, I only read 100 pages from the 900 available, but can you jog and work out with the headphones? I'm looking for something nice sounding and not in-ear. Seriously considering the M-100s.

Thanks!

hey, i have worked out with the M100 and yes it is possible...however, in my personal opinion, you are better off with in-ear headphones for working out & jogging.

from my personal experience, the headphones would slip around a lil bit (not much, but just enough to be slightly annoying). my ears got really hot & stuffy under the earpads, which caused me to start sweating earlier. when I started sweating the headphones got really uncomfortable to wear. however, i don't think these issues would be specific to the m100, but rather to overear closed headphones in general.

I do think that out of all the closed headphones i've tried, the m100 would seem like the best one to exercise with as it has a very tight clamp & is made of very durable materials, so I wouldn't be as worried about dropping them. only slight drawback is that these headphones are a bit heftier than others due to the metal construction.

Edit: I think that the Sennheiser Momentums would be a pretty good choice for exercise headphones. they are incredibly light & very small... has real leather earpads that are more breathable & more on-ear than over-ear, so your ears probably wouldn't get as stuffy.

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #13,581 of 23,366
Hey Guys, I was wondering I have a friend who wants to get the lp. Is it true that the lp has more bass than the beats studio? 

First off, tell your friend that he needs a serious reality check for even considering to buy beats. Second off, many think that the LP1 has a seriously muddled midrange, and he would be much better off getting the LP2 for the same amount of money, or get the M100 if he can afford it.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #13,582 of 23,366
Quote:
First off, tell your friend that he needs a serious reality check for even considering to buy beats. Second off, many think that the LP1 has a seriously muddled midrange, and he would be much better off getting the LP2 for the same amount of money, or get the M100 if he can afford it.

I know dude, I can't convince him, even after I let him audition my m100. He just wants bass, he is not an audiophile and he just want something that puches his skull. (Facepalm). As a m100 owner, I do not like a lot of bass just the right amount like the m100. Neutral sounding headphones sound boring to me after listening to some sony v6, and other sennheiser cans, I just want some bass that makes the can much more exciting. I just wondered since he said he saw reviews on youtube where people compare the lp to the studio, and in the video guy said that the lp had more bass. Plus I am ordering the lp for my sis since she isn't really an audiophile and she prefers looks over sound and she really like the white pearl chrome reflective look on the lp. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #13,583 of 23,366
I know dude, I can't convince him, even after I let him audition my m100. He just wants bass, he is not an audiophile and he just want something that puches his skull. (Facepalm). As a m100 owner, I do not like a lot of bass just the right amount like the m100. Neutral sounding headphones sound boring to me after listening to some sony v6, and other sennheiser cans, I just want some bass that makes the can much more exciting. I just wondered since he said he saw reviews on youtube where people compare the lp to the studio, and in the video guy said that the lp had more bass. Plus I am ordering the lp for my sis since she isn't really an audiophile and she prefers looks over sound and she really like the white pearl chrome reflective look on the lp. 

dude just smack both his ears and tell him if he buy beats youll never talk to him LOL

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #13,584 of 23,366
I would let him buy them... XD. It's funny that he says the M-100 doesn´t have enough bass. Tyll said the M-100 has a boost of around 7-8db. I just didn´t believe him at first, till I compared the sound of the Jaycar Pro Monitor with the M-100 and... well... something like 6 to 8db of boost for sure. How much has beats? 20db?

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #13,585 of 23,366
Hello Head-Fi!

Apologies, if this has been discusses before, I only read 100 pages from the 900 available, but can you jog and work out with the headphones? I'm looking for something nice sounding and not in-ear. Seriously considering the M-100s.

Thanks!

I workout 5 times a week and I use my M-100 most of the time. I use free weights and smith machines from moderate to heavy and I have no issues using the M-100 at all. You just have to get used to it, specially while doing upper body pressing movements with dumbbells.

As far as cardio, I also use them while on treadmill and ellipticals. When I go running outside I use earbuds. But if just power-walking, then I'll use the M-100.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #13,586 of 23,366
Quote:
dude just smack both his ears and tell him if he buy beats youll never talk to him LOL

Lol I should...But I think I have at least I convinced him to get some V-MODA, so he would least get some quality headphones. Some people, I honestly can stand bass that is more than the m100, I am somewhat of a bass head but seriously isn't it annoying in songs like taylor swift when the drum in your face and drowning out the music and her voice is lost somewhere in the back.....

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #13,587 of 23,366
Quote:
I workout 5 times a week and I use my M-100 most of the time. I use free weights and smith machines from moderate to heavy and I have no issues using the M-100 at all. You just have to get used to it, specially while doing upper body pressing movements with dumbbells.

As far as cardio, I also use them while on treadmill and ellipticals. When I go running outside I use earbuds. But if just power-walking, then I'll use the M-100.

Yea me too I actually workout out and did jumps and twirls with these and they never fall off, I am amazed these have JUST THE RIGHT amount of clamp and for running it keeps my ear warm during the winter. I believe Val actually jogs with the m100's. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #13,588 of 23,366

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #13,589 of 23,366
Quote:
Lol I should...But I think I have at least I convinced him to get some V-MODA, so he would least get some quality headphones. Some people, I honestly can stand bass that is more than the m100, I am somewhat of a bass head but seriously isn't it annoying in songs like taylor swift when the drum in your face and drowning out the music and her voice is lost somewhere in the back.....

I use to eq them a lot. I think I am moving more and more to neutral headphones. I love these cans but sometimes it is so much bass... With some eq they are just... wonderful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back