V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #12,317 of 23,366
That link doesn't work, but I've found a jazz version on Youtube from Halo 3.

Sounds quite full. All the details are there.

Aw man. Must've grabbed the mobile hyperlink by accident. I HATE the new YouTube interface that's started appearing on my iPad over the past two days. But anyway, the "jazzy songs from halo 3 ODST" was the video I linked anyway.

I wish you could hear what I'm hearing with this tube amp! I'm getting shivers!

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #12,318 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
That link doesn't work, but I've found a jazz version on Youtube from Halo 3.

Sounds quite full. All the details are there.

Aw man. Must've grabbed the mobile hyperlink by accident. I HATE the new YouTube interface that's started appearing on my iPad over the past two days. But anyway, the "jazzy songs from halo 3 ODST" was the video I linked anyway.

I wish you could hear what I'm hearing with this tube amp! I'm getting shivers!

I never did get around playing Halo 3...but that's a nice track.

Quote:
Ah Miceblue, I love me a bit of game music :D
I could probably be considered sad, but I have an entire collection of VGZ (VGM) files playable on my phone using an app and love to occasionally put some on random

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65438556
Releasing on CD

A really kewl artist I have on Soundcloud btw:
https://soundcloud.com/airstyle/airstyle-moisture-2010-edit

Nice! I totally want to get that CD. Such epicness!
And the Soundcloud artist sounds pretty nice with the M-100's. Nice bass line.

Among other news, pre-ordering for the JDS Labs C5 is up!
http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=464

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #12,320 of 23,366
Quote:
Anybody has an idea of the size difference between the BH and the C5?

C&C BH: 76 x 57 x 13 mm
JDS Labs C5: 99.5 x 49.0 x 14.0 mm
FiiO E12: 124 x 65.5 x 14.5 mm

In any case, I think all 3 will be pretty good with the M-100. From Headfonia's review of the E12, it sounds like the C5 will have better audio performance, and the C&C BH impressions in this thread have been positive too. Lots of portable amp options at this time of the year. XD

I think it was our martin that posted this SoundCloud link, but I like really how these songs are rendered with the M-100's:
https://soundcloud.com/v2vonline

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #12,321 of 23,366
Thanks mice.

I just wish there were US retailers for the BH. Its kind of a pain to order something like this and then having to wait almost a month for it AND then hope nothing goes wrong with it. (Imagine having to do a return/exchange!) 
eek.gif

When I do order it, at least I have the E11 to keep me company in the meantime. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #12,322 of 23,366
Miceblue,
ODST was a separate game (3/4 new anyway, it grew out of a massive add-on project) from Halo 3. There are some similarities but the tone is pretty different from the rest of the halo games, honestly has my favorite story. The voice cast featuring some actors from Firefly got me excited too though. While Halo music typically was operatic and "epic" (only the first soundtrack was "reverent" or churchy for me), ODST is jazzy and somber, intimate, reflecting the tone of an abandoned, blacked-out, rainy night in the city. People ragged on it because the multiplayer and game engine was pulled from Halo 3, but the art and story is unique and non-linear, which is cool.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #12,323 of 23,366
Hi Guys - i'm lookin to purchase headphone cables for my M100.  My single button cable broke and I need a replacement.  I'm currently using the share play cable.  Are there "better" cables out there that I can buy instead of the stock cable from v moda.  I don't like the kevlar cable because it attracts so much noise.

thx

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #12,324 of 23,366
Hi,
i'm newbie
i'm searching after gaming headset, i'm serious gamer (and a little audiophile!) and i want the best headphone.
I don't want razer or logitech or plantronics, I want real awesome headphone like M-100 or q701 for example.

Do you think the M-100s can be used for gaming, for competition? (i love them because they can be used in the street and they are portable.. not the q701, but if v moda m-100 sucks for gaming, i wiill go on the q701 or other..)

thanks
(sry bad english :s)

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #12,325 of 23,366
Quote:
Hi,
i'm newbie
i'm searching after gaming headset, i'm serious gamer (and a little audiophile!) and i want the best headphone.
I don't want razer or logitech or plantronics, I want real awesome headphone like M-100 or q701 for example.

Do you think the M-100s can be used for gaming, for competition? (i love them because they can be used in the street and they are portable.. not the q701, but if v moda m-100 sucks for gaming, i wiill go on the q701 or other..)

thanks
(sry bad english :s)

I don't know much about competitive gaming, but this guide might help you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-28-13-k702-65th-anni-ed-added
I own a newer K 701, which supposedly sounds identical to the Q 701, and I prefer it over the M-100 for gaming in general due to better spacial cues and imaging. Explosions with the M-100 sound rumbly rumblin' awesome though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back