V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #10,486 of 23,366
Wow.. I still have not even had my headphones shipped. V-Moda marked mine as "shipped", because I bothered them about it, but they're still with V-Moda. At this rate, I expect to have them by mid January, damn..... should have went with amazon's lovely 2-3 day shipping, screw* the free shields!!!!!!!!!

Who is still waiting for their headphones? and who has them as "awaiting shipment" ??.,.,, I'm in the U.S. for god's sake. if people all over the world have them by now, they should at least be on their way by now... at least you'd think so.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #10,487 of 23,366
Just got mine there amazing. Being a bass head I'm of course gonna amp with my ZO2.3 once it arrives but looks greet
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #10,488 of 23,366
Quote:
A fellow Aussie here. Certainly think they'll be very few of us.

[size=10pt]I’m from Australia as well, Is anyone from Perth?[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]I got my M100s the other day but I’m away for work so can’t listen to them till the 16th. My girlfriend did an unboxing video for my on Skype though, she was trying to be really carful with them and when she when to unfold the headphone she got here hand pinched in the hinge for a few seconds, which I found funny but she didn’t so much.[/size]

[size=10pt]Cant wait to hear them![/size]

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #10,489 of 23,366
Quote:
May I ask which amp you're using? Perhaps it has better synergy than with an O2 or E7.

Don't expect WONDERS, but so far ALO National and Violectric V200.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #10,490 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
May I ask which amp you're using? Perhaps it has better synergy than with an O2 or E7.

Don't expect WONDERS, but so far ALO National and Violectric V200.

Ah, cool. I was looking at Violectric before I discovered "He who must not be named".

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hktmRpcUAa4&feature=youtube_gdata
Here's yet another unboxing video. It's not the best, but I thought that the headphones were worthy. I expect to make another video based on my experience. 

Anyone else get this? and in specific this ad flooded youtube

That video was tagged under the "Science & Technology" tag, so YouTube automatically shows the user the top videos in that category. If you click on the "Science & Technology" tag, you'll see the same videos as the ones suggested. That Taxidermy video is Vsauce's most recent video...and of course it's going to be on the front page of the "Science & Technology" category.

And no I don't have any ads because I use the Adblock Plus add-on. Internet Explorer doesn't support it. XD

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #10,491 of 23,366
Oh btw anyone here own a q701 and can compare them (given that portability and open backed isn't a limiting factor)? I know they're really different headphones but I'm kind of curious how different they sound to see whether they're worth picking up.... (maybe at het expense of the m100s xD)

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #10,492 of 23,366
Quote:
Oh btw anyone here own a q701 and can compare them (given that portability and open backed isn't a limiting factor)? I know they're really different headphones but I'm kind of curious how different they sound to see whether they're worth picking up.... (maybe at het expense of the m100s xD)

Tus-Chan has a Q 701. My K 701 is coming through the mail sometime next week as shipping got delayed for some reason.
My guess is that when compared next to each other, the K/Q 701 will have lean bass, forward midrange, more prominent treble, and of course a huge soundstage. You also have to take into account that the K/Q 701 needs a pretty decent amp to sound at its best, the M-100's don't.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #10,493 of 23,366
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]I’m from Australia as well, Is anyone from Perth?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]I got my M100s the other day but I’m away for work so can’t listen to them till the 16th. My girlfriend did an unboxing video for my on Skype though, she was trying to be really carful with them and when she when to unfold the headphone she got here hand pinched in the hinge for a few seconds, which I found funny but she didn’t so much.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Cant wait to hear them![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I brought my M-100 back to Perth during my holidays there last week. Used it on the plane to watch movies.

I called a Perth Head-Fi meet too as I brought back other goodies to show but the Perth Head-Fiers were busy.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #10,494 of 23,366
Quote:
Tus-Chan has a Q 701. My K 701 is coming through the mail sometime next week as shipping got delayed for some reason.
My guess is that when compared next to each other, the K/Q 701 will have lean bass, forward midrange, more prominent treble, and of course a huge soundstage. You also have to take into account that the K/Q 701 needs a pretty decent amp to sound at its best, the M-100's don't.

Well I have a fiio e11 though I feel like it wont be enough (maybe if an e10 works? based on the q701 amping thread) :p I listened to some Celine Dion with the m100s and you could really tell the mids being laid back... I prefered my $75 ws55s for that lol. I'm also not a super huge basshead though I do listen to some electro/ dubstep. Gah so many decisions and headphones lol xD

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #10,495 of 23,366
Can someone compare this to the Amperiors in terms of details, bass, mids and treble quantities and overall quality? I own the Amperiors and am quite pleased with them overall. However, I may purchase these phones if it bests it overall.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #10,497 of 23,366
Quote:
Can someone compare this to the Amperiors in terms of details, bass, mids and treble quantities and overall quality? I own the Amperiors and am quite pleased with them overall. However, I may purchase these phones if it bests it overall.

From memory:
  1. the Amperior has more of a "peak" (as opposed to broad) bass response such that the bass is more punchy and doesn't have the same extension
  2. I keep saying that I find the M-100's mids to be laid-back, the Amperior's are more forward; on the other hand, tonally I find the M-100's mids to be pretty accurate for the most part, far more so compared to the Amperior
  3. the Amperior has more treble energy, extension, and is definitely more forward, so it's probably more preferable for rock music
  4. yowzees that sibilance is such a problem for me with the Amperior, not so with the M-100

If you really like the Amperior, you might find the M-100 disappointing since the aggressive treble is gone, the mids are more laid-back, and the bass isn't quite as punchy. The M-100's bass is more like the "rumble of thunder" (lower-bass) whereas the Amperior's is more of the "clubbing" type of bass (mid to upper-bass).

Personally I much prefer the M-100 to the Amperior as I didn't like the Amperior upon my first listen to them, and again a few weeks later. The sibilance was really a detraction for my musical tastes.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #10,499 of 23,366
Dec 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #10,500 of 23,366
Quote:
From memory:
  1. the Amperior has more of a "peak" (as opposed to broad) bass response such that the bass is more punchy and doesn't have the same extension
  2. I keep saying that I find the M-100's mids to be laid-back, the Amperior's are more forward; on the other hand, tonally I find the M-100's mids to be pretty accurate for the most part, far more so compared to the Amperior
  3. the Amperior has more treble energy, extension, and is definitely more forward, so it's probably more preferable for rock music
  4. yowzees that sibilance is such a problem for me with the Amperior, not so with the M-100

If you really like the Amperior, you might find the M-100 disappointing since the aggressive treble is gone, the mids are more laid-back, and the bass isn't quite as punchy. The M-100's bass is more like the "rumble of thunder" (lower-bass) whereas the Amperior's is more of the "clubbing" type of bass (mid to upper-bass).

Personally I much prefer the M-100 to the Amperior as I didn't like the Amperior upon my first listen to them, and again a few weeks later. The sibilance was really a detraction for my musical tastes.

Thanks very much for the comparison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back