V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #10,398 of 23,366
Just got my pair in the mail today!

First impressions after about just an hr of use:

Comfort- Very comfortable! no problems so far
Bass- Its very textured and accurate. I dont think it bleeds into the mids at all either However, it is a little much for my taste. I would prefer slightly less bass
Tremble- Very detailed and I can hear a lot of instruments in the background (not as much as my k167s though). I would also prefer the tremble to be more upfront. 
Mids: Mids sound pretty good. wouldnt say they are amazing, but they are very pleasing and rich. 

P.S. Anyone know if burnin improves vmoda headphones?

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #10,399 of 23,366
Quote:

Bass- Its very textured and accurate. I dont think it bleeds into the mids at all either However, it is a little much for my taste. I would prefer slightly less bass
Tremble- Very detailed and I can hear a lot of instruments in the background (not as much as my k167s though). I would also prefer the tremble to be more upfront. 
Mids: Mids sound pretty good. wouldnt say they are amazing, but they are very pleasing and rich. 

You listening to a flat setting, i.e EQ set to none, or flat?

Hmm... burn in does apparently help, but I don't think people are sure its in the mind or not, but it makes sense that as the materials loosen, they will sound less forced.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #10,400 of 23,366
It should.  I have been burning it in for the past 24 hours now but didn't notice much improvement.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #10,401 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm curious of the major differences between the two. Mind giving us a comparison between M-100's and K167 when you get the chance?

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #10,404 of 23,366
SONIC BOOM!!!  M-100 is CNET's Editor's Choice

"no other headphone can touch the M-100's combination of features, build quality, and sound for the money" -CNET

VIDEO HERE

http://cnettv.cnet.com/v-moda-crossfade-m-100-headphones/9742-1_53-50136914.html

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #10,405 of 23,366
Val,
Thanks sooo much for making such a fantastic pair of headphones. I got mine today and I just started freaking out! I can't wait to burn these puppies in. I'm listening to them rite now and it's absolutely amazing. Couldn't ask for much more. Just a sincere thanks to you,
- a supporting customer: Nick

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #10,407 of 23,366
Dec 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #10,410 of 23,366
I can try to whip something up. They are completely different headphones though. k167 is very tremble geared whereas the vmodas feel more balanced and more emphasis on the bass. the k167s are WAY more detailed and have way better instrument separation. vmodas feel like portable on the go closed headphones where the k167s feel more like at home headphones since they are so big.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back