V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #10,411 of 23,366
Quote:
Is there a thread somewhere with reviews only?  I'd like to provide my thoughts and compare with others as well, but don't want to wade through 694 pages to do so.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100/reviews

Assuming the user posted there (I personally don't post Head-Fi reviews :p).  If done properly, the OP tends to also link to reviews :p  Not this time around I guess :frowning2:

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #10,412 of 23,366
Quote:
I can try to whip something up. They are completely different headphones though. k167 is very tremble geared whereas the vmodas feel more balanced and more emphasis on the bass. the k167s are WAY more detailed and have way better instrument separation. vmodas feel like portable on the go closed headphones where the k167s feel more like at home headphones since they are so big.  

I know many people are looking for such a comparison, so it would be pretty awesome. How much more bass do the M100s have? Are your K167s burned in? 

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #10,415 of 23,366
I can try to whip something up. They are completely different headphones though. k167 is very tremble geared whereas the vmodas feel more balanced and more emphasis on the bass. the k167s are WAY more detailed and have way better instrument separation. vmodas feel like portable on the go closed headphones where the k167s feel more like at home headphones since they are so big.  

What would you recommend more? The K167 or the m100s..... Obviously in aesthetics, the m100 is better, but in terms of sound.. I'm on the verge of canceling my pre-order, because it still does not get shipped. Maybe I'm being too impatient, but if I can get the k167 in 2 days, rather than wait 3 weeks for the m100s, then maybe it be worth it. Would you recommend them over the m100s? OR EVEN THE 701s??

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #10,416 of 23,366
Quote:
What would you recommend more? The K167 or the m100s..... Obviously in aesthetics, the m100 is better, but in terms of sound.. I'm on the verge of canceling my pre-order, because it still does not get shipped. Maybe I'm being too impatient, but if I can get the k167 in 2 days, rather than wait 3 weeks for the m100s, then maybe it be worth it. Would you recommend them over the m100s? OR EVEN THE 701s??

Hmm, they are bigger headphones though. The M-100's are a lot more pleasing to the eye and smaller for portable use.

The increased highs may get fatiquing after a while, but it depends if you prefer a real bright headphone. I think the M-100's will be fine in that regard, and offer smoothness.

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #10,418 of 23,366
So Im trying to decide if I should ditch home headphone amps and buy a nice looking sansui vintage receiver is this a smart decision??

Ps. I also look the vintage look they have is one of the reasons I'm contemplating this

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #10,419 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm a female, lol. Anyways, I can hear out of both ears perfectly, its only like once a year where I feel like I can't hear some things, lol. But yeah, this is my first set of real headphones too. ^o^! I got my M-100s off the V-moda website, because I wanted the faders for when I go to loud places, or I'm sitting at the bus stop and 3 fire truck's in a row decide to drive past me. lol. And mainly because I really wanted the custom shields, and I was gonna pay to get some done anyways so it was a good deal to get the bundle for me. Total cost: 337$. I chose the free shipping option because I'm not in a rush, but they sent it to me priority mail anyways.

haha sorry about that. Well i guess that isn't too bad, hope you enjoy your purchase !

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #10,420 of 23,366
ok so i got mine and have been listening and....i just don't consider these bass heavy at all...there is very clean bass...but not the kind of bass I was expecting from the reviews most have been giving...

...now don't get me wrong...it sounds good...the whole package feels like quality sound...but i can see some bass heads wanting more. i've been listening through my pc and zune ...gonna hook it up to my receiver and see what i think about it then... but my initial impression is...i might want a digizoid 2.3 to bump it up a bit for portable use.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #10,421 of 23,366
Val,
Thanks sooo much for making such a fantastic pair of headphones. I got mine today and I just started freaking out! I can't wait to burn these puppies in. I'm listening to them rite now and it's absolutely amazing. Couldn't ask for much more. Just a sincere thanks to you,
- a supporting customer: Nick

I was a NON-BELIEVER, and hated that I shelled out full 310 for these.
I bought them as a Christmas gift for a family member who was dead certain about them.
I herd them yesterday fresh out the box for 5 minutes.
I am in total shock how utterly good they sound.
This is the first time I can concede a headphone is worth every penny full price.
Once on your head you are taken aback by the presentation and sheer sonic beauty that just first makes your shocked face slowly turn into a big smile.
Dammit vmoda, now I have 2 get one for myself :p

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #10,422 of 23,366
Quote:
I was a NON-BELIEVER, and hated that I shelled out full 310 for these.
I bought them as a Christmas gift for a family member who was dead certain about them.
I herd them yesterday fresh out the box for 5 minutes.
I am in total shock how utterly good they sound.
This is the first time I can concede a headphone is worth every penny full price.
Once on your head you are taken aback by the presentation and sheer sonic beauty that just first makes your shocked face slowly turn into a big smile.
Dammit vmoda, now I have 2 get one for myself
tongue.gif

I'm so happy people are happy... A lot of hard work went into these products (AND VAMP VERZA) this year and I am THRILLED people can enjoy them finally.

I am reading every single word on the internet to gain deeper knowledge of every user experience... I'm amped about CNET's editor's choice award and the listening stations I am rolling out worldwide by January.

Onward..

-V

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #10,423 of 23,366
ok so i got mine and have been listening and....i just don't consider these bass heavy at all...there is very clean bass...but not the kind of bass I was expecting from the reviews most have been giving...

...now don't get me wrong...it sounds good...the whole package feels like quality sound...but i can see some bass heads wanting more. i've been listening through my pc and zune ...gonna hook it up to my receiver and see what i think about it then... but my initial impression is...i might want a digizoid 2.3 to bump it up a bit for portable use.
I'm so happy people are happy... A lot of hard work went into these products (AND VAMP VERZA) this year and I am THRILLED people can enjoy them finally.

I am reading every single word on the internet to gain deeper knowledge of every user experience... I'm amped about CNET's editor's choice award and the listening stations I am rolling out worldwide by January.

Onward..

-V

I felt the same about the v moda m80s. I felt they had very little bass in certain music. People say these are "basshead" headphones, but I'm sure they'll be exactly what I'm looking for. At least that's my perspective. V-Modas finally got shipped out today!! I think I'll be like the last one to receive them lol,. Although I've been very impatient, I'm very satisfied that they're finally on their way. Anyway, def. going to be worth the wait! Thanks Val! V Moda is the best.... period.

3 ways to describe the m100s: stylish, stellar-sound, tank-like.... :)

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #10,424 of 23,366
Quote:
I felt the same about the v moda m80s. I felt they had very little bass in certain music. People say these are "basshead" headphones, but I'm sure they'll be exactly what I'm looking for. At least that's my perspective. V-Modas finally got shipped out today!! I think I'll be like the last one to receive them lol,. Although I've been very impatient, I'm very satisfied that they're finally on their way. Anyway, def. going to be worth the wait! Thanks Val! V Moda is the best.... period.

& you were going to cancel the pre-order :p

Mines shipped but they are at CUSTOMS CLEARANCE at the moment. You may get them first :p

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #10,425 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

& you were going to cancel the pre-order :p

Mines shipped but they are at CUSTOMS CLEARANCE at the moment. You may get them first :p

I'm unsubscribing from this thread UNTIL I get my M-100s. My package departed the second USPS Facility on Dec 11th at 03:27.... And hasn't arrived anywhere yet.... I wish I got upgraded to priority too.... but now I'm watching all you folks get your headphones and mine I probably won't get until AFTER Christmas. A watched pot never boils, and I'm just getting upset that my pot is barely lukewarm. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back