V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #9,661 of 23,366
Quote:

Crossfade LP has more bass than LP2!  Get a Gunmetal Black or Phantom Chrome Crossfade LP.  The white ones have SLIGHTLY lower bass.

OR just EQ an M-100 by bringing down the 8-20kHz bands...  it has ultra deep extension just like it's LP/LP2 cousins.

How about Crossfade LP Nero? it also have slightly lower bass or the same quantity than the Gunmetal Black or Phantom Chrome Crossfade LP? 

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #9,662 of 23,366
Quote:

How about Crossfade LP Nero? it also have slightly lower bass or the same quantity than the Gunmetal Black or Phantom Chrome Crossfade LP? 

Those are only different colors schemes, not models.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #9,663 of 23,366
Quote:

The cups are an extremely tight fit. I'm surprised nobody has made comparisons to the Beats Pro.

• The Pro's earpads are extremely stiff on my ears. The M-100's earpads are like wearing ultra-soft pillows (as in they're really soft and deflate almost instantly).
  • The Pro's earpads were kind of supra-aural on my ears (part of my ears actually touched the earpads). The M-100's earpads at least encapsulate my entire ear.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #9,666 of 23,366
Interesting...

Where did you hear him say that?

If that is the case, could there be some truth in the matte white models producing a more balanced sound than the others?
That said, he would have told us all that, and he hasn't.

I don't see how a paint scheme could affect harmonics/ambience. Only different materials could.
The M-100's have been tuned to a specific sound.
That said, it is very odd how every review I've read have a different view on bass and balance, unless it is simply all based on what these people have listened to before.

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #9,667 of 23,366
Friends, Forums, Countrymen... Happy Turkey Day!

Sorry that I have been buried with work, but this is the time of year we make a big proportion of our dough and we are launching M-100 worldwide along with another surprise product coming out!  When you see the surprise, you'll know why I have been so heads down to get it out in time for Xmas. 

M-100 is on Amazon.com now, check out the product description and page and please tell us what you think!  It took me a LONG time to write it and create this new "matrix" comparing our models.

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPDK

I'll be catching up on reading the forums on my flight to Italy today.  

Running headphones?
I am REALLY loving my M-100s more and more daily for a new use, running.  I can run 7-10 miles easily because of the sound and right mix.  I find them amazing for long runs as they don't fall off my head and keep my ears warm when I am in cold cities.  I didn't realize just how good they were for running until recently, I usually would switch between Vibrato/M-80/M-100 but now M-100 is my running workhorse.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #9,669 of 23,366
Quote:

Sorry that I have been buried with work, but this is the time of year we make a big proportion of our dough and we are launching M-100 worldwide along with another surprise product coming out!  When you see the surprise, you'll know why I have been so heads down to get it out in time for Xmas. 

M-100 is on Amazon.com now, check out the product description and page and please tell us what you think!  It took me a LONG time to write it and create this new "matrix" comparing our models.

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPDK

Running headphones?
I am REALLY loving my M-100s more and more daily for a new use, running.  I can run 7-10 miles easily because of the sound and right mix.  I find them amazing for long runs as they don't fall off my head and keep my ears warm when I am in cold cities.  I didn't realize just how good they were for running until recently, I usually would switch between Vibrato/M-80/M-100 but now M-100 is my running workhorse.

Could you comment on the bass variations between white & black M-100's that some seem to be having?

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #9,670 of 23,366
Val, great news on the Amazon addition. Is there any news or plans to put it on the Amazon UK site as well? Or is that a whole other issue to workaround?

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #9,671 of 23,366
Quote:
Val, great news on the Amazon addition. Is there any news or plans to put it on the Amazon UK site as well? Or is that a whole other issue to workaround?

It is on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crossfade-M-100-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B00A39PPDK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353594006&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crossfade-M-100-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-headphones/dp/B00A39PPI0/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353594042&sr=1-15
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crossfade-M-100-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B00A39PPCG/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353594042&sr=1-6

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #9,672 of 23,366
Interesting...

Where did you hear him say that?

If that is the case, could there be some truth in the matte white models producing a more balanced sound than the others?
That said, he would have told us all that, and he hasn't.

I don't see how a paint scheme could affect harmonics/ambience. Only different materials could.
The M-100's have been tuned to a specific sound.
That said, it is very odd how every review I've read have a different view on bass and balance, unless it is simply all based on what these people have listened to before.

They are talking about the Crossfade LP not the M-100

All M-100's sound the same no matter the Color scheme

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #9,673 of 23,366
Quote:

Surely you can resize? I'm guessing if you go over the safety margin, you have more chance for the laser etcher not to bother, so stuff past the line won't etch

Quote:
If it's the white background you are fine...if it makes you feel better, just grab the eraser and remove it in those areas.

Thanks, that really helped! 

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #9,674 of 23,366

ir

Running headphones?

Val,
Happy turkey day to you as well. The writeup on Amazon looks great. My only constructive feedback is where you say "Ultra-Extended Highs" which might lead some to think overly bright like Grado and Ultrasone instead of the smooth extended highs the M-100 actually offers. I think you are selling the high end short by using this description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back