V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 21, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #9,646 of 23,366
My mind really hates me!
I ordered the Shadows but now after watching Leons review I think I prefer the look of the white...
I think I've associated the best reviews with the white ones.
I really hate myself right now! The white ones stand out more too but would need to have glossy shields rather than shiny as I've seen in pics.

In other news, I've ordered her album through her site which was cheaper :D

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #9,647 of 23,366
My mind really hates me!
I ordered the Shadows but now after watching Leons review I think I prefer the look of the white...
I think I've associated the best reviews with the white ones.
I really hate myself right now! The white ones stand out more too but would need to have glossy shields rather than shiny as I've seen in pics.

In other news, I've ordered her album through her site which was cheaper :D

You can always contact support and ask then if you could switch your colour.

Just make sure you want white, some people were kicking themselves because they chose white and then realized they liked another colour more.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #9,649 of 23,366
Egads I'm Excited! I gave my girlfriend my pair of m-80s after ordering the m-100s and have been using simple urban ears since, which really don't compare, they're ok!  Does anyone have further news to a possible shipping of the second pre-order? Or is its still "sometime start of December"?   

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #9,651 of 23,366
Quote:
You can always contact support and ask then if you could switch your colour.
Just make sure you want white, some people were kicking themselves because they chose white and then realized they liked another colour more.

Yeah I knowww. I just think the shininess of the Shadows looks a bit cheap compared to the other two glossy ones. The more I look at images, the more I do prefer the more premium looking (somehow) white ones.

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #9,652 of 23,366
several reviews reported that the mid-range in m-100 is a bit withdraw. Can anyone please compared it to UE6000 in active mod and Momentum? As for my taste, the bass in UE6000 (active mod) is too strong and the mid-range is too recessed. It is unacceptable in some of my vocal-based music. However, the mid-range in Momentum is fine, but the bass is less fun and exciting...
How about m-100? is it in between of these two cans? if the mid-range in m-100 is even more recessed than UE6000 (active mod). I'm gonna to save my $310...
Best!

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #9,653 of 23,366
I'm really not sold on the bulletproof quality here.

I have a cracked wing plate that would probably be split to the bottom if it wasn't for the top having been super glued together at an early stage...

...and a SpeakEasy cable where the cable came completely unseated from the plastic bit and had to be reseated with super glue. Also, obvious fraying.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #9,654 of 23,366
Hmm I have worries about those sorts of cables with attachments, which is why I've ordered the audio only cable. As for the damage to the plates, there have been a few issues with over tightening with earlier models. I would advise everyone to slightly loosen screws upon arrival

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #9,655 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm really not sold on the bulletproof quality here.

I have a cracked wing plate that would probably be split to the bottom if it wasn't for the top having been super glued together at an early stage...

...and a SpeakEasy cable where the cable came completely unseated from the plastic bit and had to be reseated with super glue. Also, obvious fraying.

I was curious as to what kind of plastic is being used, considering the ABCP® (anything but circles and plastic) feature.

I'm still super excited to get my pair. It seems the signature will be perfect for what I've been waiting for in a fullsize portable can (especially when compared to my first, and currently only headphone - AKG K514).

Curious though. I wear a touque and glasses, and zero guage plugs on both ears - will these get inthe way of the seal? or does the padding/clamp do a good job of sealing around obstructions

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #9,656 of 23,366
I'm putting in the design I want for the custom shields and the instructions say to put it on the top layer but when I do that the excess white of the photo I want to add to it is covering up the green safety lines. Does it matter if the white is covering the safety lines or do I have to re-size it?

Please help

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #9,657 of 23,366
Curious though. I wear a touque and glasses, and zero guage plugs on both ears - will these get inthe way of the seal? or does the padding/clamp do a good job of sealing around obstructions

The cups are an extremely tight fit. I'm surprised nobody has made comparisons to the Beats Pro.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #9,658 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm putting in the design I want for the custom shields and the instructions say to put it on the top layer but when I do that the excess white of the photo I want to add to it is covering up the green safety lines. Does it matter if the white is covering the safety lines or do I have to re-size it?

Please help

Surely you can resize? I'm guessing if you go over the safety margin, you have more chance for the laser etcher not to bother, so stuff past the line won't etch

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #9,660 of 23,366
Quote:

Please help

If it's the white background you are fine...if it makes you feel better, just grab the eraser and remove it in those areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back