V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #7,561 of 23,366
I did test it at point blank and with any road noise, bus, etc. it will be a non-issue in my opinion. Very little leakage. I have not heard the M80's so no comment there. I did test with multiple sources, plugged into my iphone, my laptop (high end Dell), my workstation (custom build with good sound card). Bass, for me, doesn't have a spectacular low frequency response, but it does seem to be improving as I burn in.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #7,562 of 23,366
When do we get to see the frequency response for M100, this is what I'm really curious to see. ^^

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #7,564 of 23,366
Quote:

Leakage is hard to measure by consumers as it must be measured by somebody else while you are listening and they don't know what volume/genre you really are playing (and if it is well above safe volume levels that cause you to go deaf instantly).  I will tell you this, when my teammates and I test M-100, I have never hear anything they are listening to ever ever ever, even sitting next to them.  But I think I listen a bit louder, so I always wonder if they can hear me because I tend to listen louder and to EDM vs classical/jazz/acoustic.  I can tell you that every person I've ever seen listening to Crossfade LP, LP2, M-80, M-100 so far I haven't heard anything but the faintest sound that I can remember.  

However, I'll try to get more scientific in this area in the future but we rarely had a complaint on LP, LP2, M-80 and they are fundamentally the same so I strongly feel that we have the right balance of soundstage, isolation, fit and leakage (which are all interrelated).  

Val, once production catches up with demand, I would be the first in line for leather pads.  Is this something you are considering down the road?  Any concerns regarding impact to sound?  Or, as Jeff Ross likes to say on the Comedy Central roasts, too soon???

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #7,565 of 23,366
Seems like the leakage is either fine, or will be something I will have to see for myself. With that out of the way, all I have to worry about is how the shields look. I hope mine don't look too crowded - and turned out the way I wanted. I gave them the original files and asked them to do the final touches. I think V-MODA will make it right though in the case of custom shields not looking right. (Read a conversation on their facebook between "Joe W." and V-MODA) so doesn't seem like I'll have any problems there!

Either way - I couldn't be happier with the service and company, I just want my M-100's to get to me now.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #7,566 of 23,366
Quote:
This is good - would you be able to see how bad the leakage is at a point blank range? Something like, sitting on the bus next to someone, or about 2 feet away at a desk? Is 80% from an iPhone what you would call your max listening volume; or is that way too much for you? With my old M50's, that would have been too much for my ears, but I'm unsure about how loud that is with the M-100.

Thank you for the further elaboration. I'm just a bit OCD with this. I actually don't listen often in the library, but I do listen often at home, in the car, in the bus, and outside. Surrounding sounds will probably drown out the leakage, but I still rather have it minimal. I don't like being a nuisance to others around me by leaking a song people may not like - after all, I hate it when I hear other people's music leak.

Well, if leakage on the go is all you were worried about, it's an absolute non-issue.  Even in a dead quiet library the leakage on my M-80s is almost imperceptible, and I would imagine the M-100s will be very similar in that regard.  I would never listen to my M-80s at much louder than 50% on my iPhone though, that's just too loud for my ears.  They are very sensitive!  No clue how the M-100s are in comparison though...guess there's only one way to find out!

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #7,567 of 23,366
I listen to a lot of dub/dnb and I would be very sad if the bass is less than on the m80's which I absolutely adore the bass on. Maybe it's fixable with a little bassboost from an e17? 
Still waiting for someone to just compare m100 with the m80's. Val said it would be more bass than on the m80's right? around 9db? Back me up here RPGWiz! 

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #7,568 of 23,366
Quote:
Just wait to do it and give it some time to fit, I think you'll find over time that they'll mold to your ears, head and 95% of people's preferences as they are OOB with a lil patience.  

This is what I am hoping for -- I have thoroughly enjoyed my M-100s so far, but have had a bit of ear fatigue (I have dumbo ears) from wearing them for so long the last couple of days.  I hope that in time the headphones and my ears conform as needed to each other as I am really looking for these to be my 12+ hour a day units when I travel.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #7,571 of 23,366
BRSxIgnition is only so worried because they want to listen to extra-dirty soundtracks in public.

I'm assuming, of course. 
k701smile.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #7,572 of 23,366
Quote:
+1   
 Specifically the lower frequency response.  I expect them to have 'louder' bass than the M80 but does it reach deeper? is there more texture?  I don't want bass cannons. I was just hoping for more dimension vs the M80.

And here's where the M-100 will not fail to satisfy. To me the bass on the M-100s is absolutely magical - let's just say that because of this single feature, I'm actually finding myself looking for new tracks that will emphasise on that feature. Is it deep? Yes. Is it controlled - very much so. Is it smooth & textured, h3ll yeah. And finally, is it addictive? Yes it is.

No I'm not a basshead but if liking the M-100 bass (specifically 'cos I don't really like the bass in the other bass-heavy headphones) means I'm a basshead, then I guess I am - an M-100 basshead.

Final closing keyword: Rumble!!

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #7,573 of 23,366
Quote:

And here's where the M-100 will not fail to satisfy. To me the bass on the M-100s is absolutely magical - let's just say that because of this single feature, I'm actually finding myself looking for new tracks that will emphasise on that feature. Is it deep? Yes. Is it controlled - very much so. Is it smooth & textured, h3ll yeah. And finally, is it addictive? Yes it is.

No I'm not a basshead but if liking the M-100 bass (specifically 'cos I don't really like the bass in the other bass-heavy headphones) means I'm a basshead, then I guess I am - an M-100 basshead.

Final closing keyword: Rumble!!

And comparing it to the m80's? Loving what I'm hearing so far. Your review will be up later today right? :)

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #7,574 of 23,366
Quote:
And comparing it to the m80's? Loving what I'm hearing so far. Your review will be up later today right? :)

I'm going to disappoint. I was going to put it within 24 hrs of my previous post (which you're referring to) but tonight's dinner with Val & friends sorta ran in quite late. Not to mention me being a light weight drinker nursing a headache now after only 2 glasses of red and 1 of white. As such, if I may please say 24 hrs from now (i.e. probably Thursday night Tokyo time).

Val, I don't think I did, but if I said anything stupid tonight, I apologise.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #7,575 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm going to disappoint. I was going to put it within 24 hrs of my previous post (which you're referring to) but tonight's dinner with Val & friends sorta ran in quite late. Not to mention me being a light weight drinker nursing a headache now after only 2 glasses of red and 1 of white. As such, if I may please say 24 hrs from now (i.e. probably Thursday night Tokyo time).

Val, I don't think I did, but if I said anything stupid tonight, I apologise.

I'm looking forward to the review regardless!  Take your time! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back