V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #7,306 of 23,366
OT: @eron, I'm glad that Lau Pa Sat was actually mentioned. I do love that place!!

Quote:
Well we all have our different preferences for sure but the best way to write a review is simply to stay objective and simply describe how it sounds like and you should have enough experience with different headphones to be able to position it fairly well in the different aspects I think how it compares like versus other headphones. Unbiased is when you simply say it has a "a a fairly boosted bass" but don't take any stand to whether this is good or not, same goes if it's V-shape or has an intimate soundstage versus laid-back & spacious, to different people it may be either a bad or good thing but that's up to the readers to decide, you just describe the sound, but you don't take stand to whether it's good or not, that's the readers tasks. To me this is an unbiased review which I try to follow, example of what I'd call is an "objective review" can be found in my signature.

Yep, but just a point I would like to clarify further in case my original post wasn't clear.

1) Objective: To me even what's objective is objective to my hearing. So if I may borrow your words and further amend to it :-
   "...objective and simply describe how it sounds like to me..."
   As mentioned earlier, sonically my ears may be more (or less) sensitive to some frequencies than the person next to me. This isn't about sonic preferences but actual sensitivity that my ears can or cannot pick up compared to the person next to me. Therefore, to me, even "objective" is really "subjective".

2) unbiased: Think you & I are on the same page about this.

So when is your biased review coming up mr. AnakChan? :)

OK, so it's actually done or mostly done but can I check <fill in the blanks here> and get back to you all? Rest be assured, with reference to past speculation, there's no technical issue - sonic, functionality, nor build-wise.

L-R: Bill (V-Moda HK), Val, yours truly, Naoki, Jin.

An interesting piece of info: For those of you who managed to get your VTF-100 orders, please consider yourselves very lucky and if I may humbly request, please chill a little about when your M-100s will be delivered. Let's just say that the V-Moda staff, and even Val himself are running around town with heavily tested M-100s that aren't up to production standards for sale.
Sonically they're the same as mine, but after all the durability tests, they're somewhat aesthetically "blemished" to put it mildly. Which means, the customers are really put on 1st priority of receiving production quality M-100s that there's not enough left for themselves. I hope you all appreciate this gesture.

P.S. I think Bill wins the "Floppy M-100" awards. That's one extremely well tested pair of headphones.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #7,307 of 23,366
Quote:

Yep, but just a point I would like to clarify further in case my original post wasn't clear.

1) Objective: To me even what's objective is objective to my hearing. So if I may borrow your words and further amend to it :-
   "...objective and simply describe how it sounds like to me..."
   As mentioned earlier, sonically my ears may be more (or less) sensitive to some frequencies than the person next to me. This isn't about sonic preferences but actual sensitivity that my ears can or cannot pick up compared to the person next to me. Therefore, to me, even "objective" is really "subjective".

Very good point there, I agree about you here but I think most of the time the "skewed" result by the natural variety between people's hearings is small enough it won't be a major impact on the end result compared to how much our personal tastes can affect our opinion versus a $1000 vs $300 headphone for example, there's cases where a $300 headphone can offer better satisfaction for a person if the $1000 is his "opposite to ideal sound signature" while the $300 headphone, while probably technically inferior might more corresponding to the invidual preferences.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #7,309 of 23,366
Quote:
L-R: Bill (V-Moda HK), Val, yours truly, Naoki, Jin.

An interesting piece of info: For those of you who managed to get your VTF-100 orders, please consider yourselves very lucky and if I may humbly request, please chill a little about when your M-100s will be delivered. Let's just say that the V-Moda staff, and even Val himself are running around town with heavily tested M-100s that aren't up to production standards for sale.
Sonically they're the same as mine, but after all the durability tests, they're somewhat aesthetically "blemished" to put it mildly. Which means, the customers are really put on 1st priority of receiving production quality M-100s that there's not enough left for themselves. I hope you all appreciate this gesture.

P.S. I think Bill wins the "Floppy M-100" awards. That's one extremely well tested pair of headphones.

That's pretty cool.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #7,312 of 23,366
M-100 Sushi with some soy sauce (but in reality, no additional flavouring required), and a touch of sake :-

You guessed it :-

Mute & volume control :-

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #7,313 of 23,366
Quote:
OK, so it's actually done or mostly done but can I check <fill in the blanks here> and get back to you all? Rest be assured, with reference to past speculation, there's no technical issue - sonic, functionality, nor build-wise.

Please do so! :)

Edit: That mic looks surreal!!

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #7,315 of 23,366
Love the design of the mic, goes perfectly with V-Moda's style. But is it only me or do I feel completely dark in terms of what will be the case for this boom mic, buyable accessory for retail M100 users? How much? availability? Through V-Moda only? etc. :)

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #7,316 of 23,366
Quote:
Love the design of the mic, goes perfectly with V-Moda's style. But is it only me or do I feel completely dark in terms of what will be the case for this boom mic, buyable accessory for retail M100 users? How much? availability? etc. :)

I asked Val about this actually ('cos the question came from "Why is the mute/volume so big?"). Gaming, Skype, professional use, etc. (although I think I need to ask him more details about the latter).

P.S. not my boom mike to test.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #7,317 of 23,366
Quote:

I asked Val about this actually ('cos the question came from "Why is the mute/volume so big?"). Gaming, Skype, professional use, etc. (although I think I need to ask him more details about the latter).

P.S. not my boom mike to test.

Does the mic appear to work universally with any headphone that has a detachable cable?

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #7,320 of 23,366
Nobody said life is fair. Glad for those who have paid and received their m100. As I said the wait will be worth it if sound isolation is better than previous models. If not than the whole ordeal was one big mess and a waste of time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back