V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #6,916 of 23,366
Quote:
Wait a few days and we'll be able to tell you!  But everyone who has used them have said the hinges feel quite sturdy and will likely not break.

Ah thanks for the input~ It seems I've arrived late in the game so I won't have to wait too much longer? Also hoping to get a pair of custom shields done with my original design: 

I wonder if they allow my state flag to be used there? I had designed this as a morale patch a while back and thought it'd be a nice touch on a v-moda shield.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/aerodrew/over-ear-shield-blank-template_photoshop.jpg
(can't seem to image link so I'll direct link)

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #6,917 of 23,366
Quote:

Ah thanks for the input~ It seems I've arrived late in the game so I won't have to wait too much longer? Also hoping to get a pair of custom shields done with my original design: 

I wonder if they allow my state flag to be used there? I had designed this as a morale patch a while back and thought it'd be a nice touch on a v-moda shield.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/aerodrew/over-ear-shield-blank-template_photoshop.jpg
(can't seem to image link so I'll direct link)

Unfortunately it might be a few months until they are able to sell many more of them?  We'll have to see about that too.  That image you have there should work fine though, but now that you've missed the pre-order you'll have to pay to have it engraved...

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #6,918 of 23,366
Quote:
I believe the US model does not have this DAC though?

Not sure if someone answered this yet, but the Qualcomm S4 DAC in the American SGS3 is pretty damn good. Way better than the SGS2. It sounds great to me, better than a lot of mobile phone audio. It's obviously not on par with an external DAC but I would say it definitely suffices for a mobile solution where all you can do is amp your source. If you really need an external DAC, you can get a kernel that supports them.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #6,919 of 23,366
Quote:
I thought you meant the first post could be edited with links to reviews, and that is why I mentioned MrNurse. But you're right, anyone, including DJ, on the first page could edit their post, put links and notify people where the 'development' ends and the reviews begin.
Regarding this, you make a lot of valid points and I see where you're coming from. Maybe Val could shed some light here on what he thinks.

I'd be happy to do some updates. I'm super busy and disconnected for the next few days (at my mom's, who was just diagnosed with the most advanced form of brain cancer). But I'll do an update soon. Maybe someone can PM me the links, and I'll post them in a day or two. Thanks. And send good thoughts my way...

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #6,920 of 23,366
Unfortunately it might be a few months until they are able to sell many more of them?  We'll have to see about that too.  That image you have there should work fine though, but now that you've missed the pre-order you'll have to pay to have it engraved...

A few months isn't a problem, because I think these were announced in 2011 already? I don't mind having to pay extra for the shields, as I wanted to keep them as a spare set, since that particular design may bother certain people if I'm using it on the jet. I was just wondering is the general opinion so far that would it be worth getting an LP2 once M100 is finally released? 

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #6,921 of 23,366
Quote:
I'd be happy to do some updates. I'm super busy and disconnected for the next few days (at my mom's, who was just diagnosed with the most advanced form of brain cancer). But I'll do an update soon. Maybe someone can PM me the links, and I'll post them in a day or two. Thanks. And send good thoughts my way...

Damn dude. Yeah, best of luck to her, seriously. Whatever happens, just be there for her; probably shouldn't worry much about these forums for now.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #6,922 of 23,366

Agreed, please just forget about having to update anything. I'm so sorry buddy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope your mom pulls through.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #6,923 of 23,366
So Anak is taking his time huh? ... Doesn't bode too well it seems. I don't know, when I'm excited about a new buy, I just get the urge to post at least a little sentence and then get back to a few days/weeks testing and post my final thoughts... :wink:

Enjoy the cans (to everyone who pre-ordered). I guess you'll be getting them soon!

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #6,925 of 23,366
Quote:
So Anak is taking his time huh? ... Doesn't bode too well it seems. I don't know, when I'm excited about a new buy, I just get the urge to post at least a little sentence and then get back to a few days/weeks testing and post my final thoughts... :wink:

Enjoy the cans (to everyone who pre-ordered). I guess you'll be getting them soon

Yeah!!! a little information would have been great..this wait is killing me..its my request to everyone who preordered..please post your initial experiences within a day or two..so that everyone can get an idea how good they sound compared to others!!!

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #6,927 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah!!! a little information would have been great..this wait is killing me..its my request to everyone who preordered..please post your initial experiences within a day or two..so that everyone can get an idea how good they sound compared to others!!!

I wouldn't consider AnakChan as a standard community member -- I am certain with his relationships in the industry he has a very good reason for the delay on his review.  Hell, maybe it's just a 72 hour bender cruising the streets with his M-100s.  Either way, regardless of the review, it's still one person's opinion and it will be a few weeks before a community consensus has been reached.  Even in the (IMO unlikely) event that the M-100 doesn't do what I need, I still feel that my pre-order was one of the easiest purchases I have made. 

After telling friends about the process/experience the response is "I want to buy stock" - When I say that it's a private company then folks want to buy headphones, whether they need them or not...Just because the whole ordeal is that rare in the current economic environment.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #6,928 of 23,366
I'm writing all the cards now, I got a really cool pen today that has a sword on the cap.  Now the sword is as mighty as the pen.

STAY TUNED!

-V^V-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back