V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #6,946 of 23,366
They should be matte black... it's the protective film that make them look shiny  
cool.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #6,948 of 23,366
Quote:
I really don't want to go through 463 pages of posts. Can someone give me the low down on the differences between these m100s and the LP2s. Pretty please? 

I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 II. I thought real long and hard about it over the LP2s and I hope I made the right choice. Does anyone think the LP2s are a better headphone the the Sennheiser HD25-1 II? I'm looking for portable headphones with a good amount of bass (not sloppy like the beats but deep and punchy if that makes any sense) 

I'd love to give them both a listen but the LP2 are hard to find at brink and mortar stores. J+R doesn't even carry v-moda. I heard guitar center but i have yet to visit one.  

The LP2's (mainly the LP's, although the tweaks between the LP's and the LP2's are debatable) aren't particularly well received here on head-fi due to their heavy bass leaning (mainly DJ oriented headphone).  And I'd say most people would go for the HD25-1 vs the LP2's due to the balance.

M100's vs LP2's? well we can only speculate on the sound (although the time is drawing near!) so what we can expect from the M100's:
-sound sig similar to the M80's (balanced) but with stronger bass and greater treble extension
-Collapsable via hinges
-dual entry

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #6,949 of 23,366
Quote:
I really don't want to go through 463 pages of posts. Can someone give me the low down on the differences between these m100s and the LP2s. Pretty please? 

I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 II. I thought real long and hard about it over the LP2s and I hope I made the right choice. Does anyone think the LP2s are a better headphone the the Sennheiser HD25-1 II? I'm looking for portable headphones with a good amount of bass (not sloppy like the beats but deep and punchy if that makes any sense) 

I'd love to give them both a listen but the LP2 are hard to find at brink and mortar stores. J+R doesn't even carry v-moda. I heard guitar center but i have yet to visit one.  

J+R? Are you in New York? If so, nearly every Radio Shack in the city has M-80 demo stations and it's the M-80s that are oft compared to the HD-25, not the LP2. But between HD-25 and LP2, definitely HD-25. If you go to the Apple Store, you can play with the Amperior, too!

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #6,950 of 23,366
yeah I'm in new york. Apple carries the Amperiors you say? very interesting. Apple has a very generous return policy. may-hap I need to pay them a visit tomorrow. I'm glad I listened to my gut then. The last few headphones I've owned were Sennheisers. I recently sold my HD600 because I just don't have the money to amp them and I'd feel a little un-easy using them as portables. 

The thing that really turned me off to the V-moda was that a lot of the reviews I read for them (outside of head-fi) was comparing them to the Beats by dre. I figured that they were geared to that crowd. IMO being compared to the beats by dre is an insult. I like bass as much as the next bass head but I also expect it to be clean and not sacrifice quality in the mids and highs.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #6,951 of 23,366
The thing that really turned me off to the V-moda was that a lot of the reviews I read for them (outside of head-fi) was comparing them to the Beats by dre. I figured that they were geared to that crowd. IMO being compared to the beats by dre is an insult. I like bass as much as the next bass head but I also expect it to be clean and not sacrifice quality in the mids and highs.

Beats took a leaf out of V-moda's stylebook (not the durability, mind you), but forgot to add the sound quality that ought to accompany headphones in that price range. On that front, I don't think you can compare Beats and V-Moda at all.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #6,954 of 23,366
It's been a long time since I've been in this thread, the good thing is that it appears things are closer than ever and the new pics are excellent. I'm excited because I just picked up a 2.1 computer speaker setup that delivers great clarity, it will make it much easier for me to let go of my KRK KNS 8400s when the time comes. As for the M-100s, I love the way the white ones look, but the Shadow also looks fantastic. My feeling is that I prefer the way the white M-100s look by themselves, but I would prefer the way the Shadows would look on me. I'm not a flashy guy and the white would be too much. Plus, I like going under the radar, and being pale, with white headphones on I would stick out too much. I ruled out the matte black a long time ago, but I may even give those a chance if the pics for those come out great.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #6,958 of 23,366
Quote:
Val put in a long weekend, so hopefully he can give us an update on where things are at.

Well he's caught a flight to NY, and supposedly he's in NY all week. So

1) He's probably done checking over everything
2) He finished with the thank you notes for sure (ran out of ink twice according to twitter)

As long as everything's kosher (which may involve packing shields together, taking that shield pic?, packing the thank you notes together), they'll ship today. Although we'll see where they go from here.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #6,959 of 23,366
While we're waiting for our precious headphones, I want to recommend this soundtrack for some listening:

Black Mesa Original Soundtrack (Free Official Download - Seems to be MP3 VBR only though.)

So many awesome rock beats and ballads.. Really good job on the game too. Despite having a college exam tomorrow, I can barely tear myself away from it.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #6,960 of 23,366
M100's vs LP2's? well we can only speculate on the sound (although the time is drawing near!) so what we can expect from the M100's:
-sound sig similar to the M80's (balanced) but with stronger bass and greater treble extension.

I just recently returned my M-80 and probably will get the M-100 when it becomes available for the masses.

I thought the M-80 treble was good enough until I sampled the Grados SR60i, SR80i, SR125i, SR225i , SR325i , RS2i , PS500 and PS500 .

I fell in love with the PS500 with amp. ( perfect Lows, Mids and High) SR80i is also good, but less soundstage and bass than the PS500. I want want one (PS500), but the price is beyond my budget.

After the Grados auditioning, I went and grabbed my M-80. There I found the treble is weak compare to Grados. I hope the M-100 is a bit brighter than M-80 with more wide solid bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back