V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 2, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #6,976 of 23,366
Quote:
We'll be revving up the photos over the next few weeks, but so far so good!  Everyone is LOVING the sound, versatility and especially the size.

For these limited amount of units, they really are performing well.

Awaiting BOOM mics then we ship!

That's amazing news, estimated time on the mics?
One person who we're not sure is loving the sound is AnakChan. :X
Soon enough I guess. 
And how did it turn out for the people who choose brushed metal shields? Are their newly picked colors done?

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #6,978 of 23,366
My hype for the M-100 has officially died. There's too much advertising and too many delays. V-Moda and Val have not handled expectations very well. They're just way too high and I have no doubt that they will not deliver on the hype.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #6,980 of 23,366
Quote:
My hype for the M-100 has officially died. There's too much advertising and too many delays. V-Moda and Val have not handled expectations very well. They're just way too high and I have no doubt that they will not deliver on the hype.

We sincerely apologize for any delays, but please keep in mind this is a product that was originally scheduled for December launch that we are trying to get out earlier for the PEOPLE that helped craft it.

It is our first time to launch a product like this to the public and it has more features than normal, but we will learn and improve on the "cadence" going forward.

All I can say is, the product thus far is amazing IMO and other members of the trade and the VTF models will be shipping momentarily.

I sincerely apologize for any delays, but now everybody knows a bit of our MP and in-depth testing process. I think it is good we get some out early for feedback and it helps solidify this as a product made for a select, discerning few.

It'll all be good at the end... I can promise that!

Traditionally we launch a product for ALL consumers and it hits retail stores.  This is a very new trial of "open-source" product development, so it is a unique learning experience and we opened up our details to show you what a product that demands perfection goes through in its final stages.

Cheers,

-v

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #6,981 of 23,366
Quote:
We sincerely apologize for any delays, but please keep in mind this is a product that was originally scheduled for December launch that we are trying to get out earlier for the PEOPLE that helped craft it.

The December release window was something that I was not privy to.  Thank you for your resolute efforts to getting these out ASAP and, especially, for not rushing design/production.

Quote:
Everyone is LOVING the sound, versatility and especially the size.

Great to read that and congrats!  CNET posted a short writeup of course, but are there any other outlets that we should be keeping an eye on?

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #6,982 of 23,366
I personally truly appriciate this opportunity you've given us and hope you don't take an impatient person's feelings hurt your view of this kind of procedure as I'd love to see more of this for any companies where there's more direct involvement with the consumerbase. It's the best way a company can cooperate with its customers to get what THEY want which I find both interesting as well as nice in the sense that it's a safe way to ensure the product will become a success.

Yes it means a lot of resources and extra time involved in such projects but I think in the end when this product is finally launched it will really be worth it and you will also truly appriciate you took the opportunity to do this.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #6,983 of 23,366
Is this the longest thread before a pre-release is released or what! 
L3000.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #6,985 of 23,366

Put things into perspective here - it's a headphone. While it's a lot for us, it's still a headphone.

I guess ya can't please everyone.  I think those soured by the wait should keep in mind we would have nothing to be impatient about if Val had not allowed us behind the scenes coverage to begin with.  

This.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #6,986 of 23,366
Quote:
That's amazing news, estimated time on the mics?
One person who we're not sure is loving the sound is AnakChan. :X
Soon enough I guess. 
And how did it turn out for the people who choose brushed metal shields? Are their newly picked colors done?

Oh come now, no news isn't necessarily bad news. 

Well that's good news! Your hype for the M-100's are dead, so there are no expectations to meet!

Delays (pending it's not vaporware) are only a good thing in the end. It may be a bit irritating, but it would be much more humiliating to a company to produce a rushed, flawed product than a tested, reliable if not slightly late product. On top of that, we're getting all sorts of neat stuff like the boom mic that was supposed to be a surprise. Its time will come.

Evidently there's quite a few people here who've never waited for a zelda game.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #6,987 of 23,366
Quote:

It is our first time to launch a product like this to the public and it has more features than normal, but we will learn and improve on the "cadence" going forward.

All I can say is, the product thus far is amazing IMO and other members of the trade and the VTF models will be shipping momentarily.

I sincerely apologize for any delays, but now everybody knows a bit of our MP and in-depth testing process. I think it is good we get some out early for feedback and it helps solidify this as a product made for a select, discerning few.

It'll all be good at the end... I can promise that!

Traditionally we launch a product for ALL consumers and it hits retail stores.  This is a very new trial of "open-source" product development, so it is a unique learning experience and we opened up our details to show you what a product that demands perfection goes through in its final stages.

Cheers,

-v

I appreciate your feedback, I really do. In my culture, results speak louder than words. There's just lots of pictures, videos and gaudy marketing, it's really quite nauseating.

In some situations just being silent and working on your project until it's done is the best action, not tweeting the world of every little thing you're doing. It makes you look quite narcissistic.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #6,988 of 23,366
Quote:

I'll find your pacifier

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #6,989 of 23,366
I guess ya can't please everyone.  I think those soured by the wait should keep in mind we would have nothing to be impatient about if Val had not allowed us behind the scenes coverage to begin with.  

Exactly. Val could have just stuck to mass production and keep head-fi out of the loop. But I prefer the innovative, truly customer-centric, semi-open source route he has taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back